Building and Track invisible

Hi, i have the problem that buildings, some cars and the track are invisible!?

In BTB it´s a building in "3D" but in rfactor it´s partly invisible, see the pictures.
Is this a BTB config or rfactor config which i must change?

Thanks.

Attachments

• btbfehlerhaus_btb.jpg
    btbfehlerhaus_btb.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 353
  • btbfehlerhaus_rfactor.jpg
    btbfehlerhaus_rfactor.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 303
Object faces have a front and a back, and usually it's only the front you can see. With that house, the front and back are the wrong way round.

You could try Thavron's suggestion. I've only ever done that with tree walls, and the effect was to brighten the texture, so it may not be what you want.

Another option, which has its drawbacks, is to go to venue materials and for each material of the building, select the 'double sided' option. The drawback is that if each material is double sided, the object will effectively have twice as many polygons.

The other option is, if you made this object yourself (e.g. in anim8or or 3dsmax etc) is to select the problematic faces and look for a 'Flip Normals' option.

I've no idea why the road isn't showing up in the mirror. It could be that your mirrors are set to show low detail and the road texture doesn't have the necessary low-detail mips.

Hi,

i have tried the different ways. To set the material config to "double side" has solved the problem with the house and the cars. But it doesn´t help by the track.

There is only two places where the track is invisible in the mirror, and only 50 - 100 metres, at the first and last curvy!?

About the track in the mirrors, have a look to see if there is a track surface point where it goes invisible.

I had the same thing, but it was a long time ago and I can't remember exactly what cured it. But I think it was either moving or deleting a track surface point, or changing the texture.

it could also be the sky mas, that has clipped the objected.making it a mirror effected, trying setting a noclip on objected.has the sky is very tiny on larger tracks,or moving/enlarging the sky.

i added the sky editable mesh ,to the added new features forums before, but not heard anything about it.

Hello frank m8, look in 3d simed to see if the road is visable.
ed

• sunalp2

it could also be the sky mas, that has clipped the objected.making it a mirror effected, trying setting a noclip on objected.has the sky is very tiny on larger tracks,or moving/enlarging the sky.

i added the sky editable mesh ,to the added new features forums before, but not heard anything about it.

Hello frank m8, look in 3d simed to see if the road is visable.
ed

I think the clipping may be the problem Ed, as I can see the skyboxi instead of the road surface.

I'll check it tomorrow when I fire up my other computer.

• sunalp2

I think the clipping may be the problem Ed, as I can see the skyboxi instead of the road surface.

I'll check it tomorrow when I fire up my other computer.

That was not the problem. The road surface is still not showing in two places.

The whole track shows up in 3dSimEd.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back