Build a gaming rig, first time.

bgil66

@Simberia
hey guys I hope that this can be posted here. As a current gamer on a slow laptop I just secured an older pc a Gateway GT 5428
G153-GT5428-out2-la.jpg
G153-GT5428-out3-la.jpg

and would like to gut it and create my first rig for perhaps $1000 or so. Since this is a relatively small tower how would you go about fitting it with the correct gear? Or would you not even bother? Thanks

For $1000 (USD/CAD) you can get a medium to high spec rig, depending on where you want to allocate large portions of your funds (assuming you have a monitor already).

I would personally look to see if the PSU (power supply) is adequate, but my suspicio is that it's not, in which case you have to decide if the case is worth keeping. Personally I wouldn't keep it, for 30-50$ you can get a proper case with way better air flow.

Upvote 0
yeah your right as just watching vids of carey holzman on you tube and he's using a corsair 200r. so just may replicate pretty close to what he does on their. thanks.

Upvote 0
If you got a thousand bucks to spend I would never buy such an old PC. You can have a tip top system for way less and even include a proper steering wheel.

There is no fun in having all the peripherals but don't have the PC power to use it in the most immersive way.

Upvote 0
If you got a thousand bucks to spend I would never buy such an old PC. You can have a tip top system for way less and even include a proper steering wheel.

There is no fun in having all the peripherals but don't have the PC power to use it in the most immersive way.

lol I never said I spent $1000 on this pos. it was given to me to fix and keep. would gut it and spend 1k on the parts since already have the case. but will probably get a corsair case.

Upvote 0
I may donate it to a church as already have my laptop and dont want too much gear laying around, plus will be building one soon.
It has Vista, Pentium D 935 (3.2 GHz) 1 GB DDR2 250 GB HDD ... Optical Drive Spec: DVD ±RW, 16X multi-format dual layer drive. onboard audio/video. 56k v92

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 362 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing