Build #6 due w/c 15/09

Was hoping for it today but it's not arriving this side of the weekend. So all being well we'll get it early next week.
Personally I'm looking forward to the FOV adjustment. It's confirmed to allow FOV from 30-90 degrees so it's a start :)
Most will probably be looking forwad to trying out the online side of things..

from official forums:-
Well, to be honest, we could just clone last week’s post about what we’re doing and go with that, as it’s mostly all about testing the next build. As it is, Build #6 will come out either for the next weekend or right after, depending on how sure (and cocky) we feel about its online stability. Friday may indeed be iffy, since if the build proves out to be buggy and requiring a hotfix, we can’t do it until Monday, which would leave you with a crippled game over the weekend. So, we’ll see, we’ll see.
In any case, when the build is out, we'll be collating bug reports and possibly applying a hotfix as quickly as possible. So, that'll be weeks 37 and 38.

The thing here that requires most of our attention is getting the online functionality just right. That is an enormous task. We know that we’re not there, not by far, but we’re still happy that we finally have a working online functionality in the first place! At the moment, though, the best we – and you – can hope for is that the game won’t crash or lag out every time you hit the dirt. That’s why we’re testing so much this week – to squash all the bugs and remove all the snags we possibly can, so you can enjoy Build #6 as fully as possible, and it’ll only get better from here
smiley.gif

As for new tracks,… We’re still working on new routes, but it is very unlikely that they’ll be in such state that we want to push them out. Except one: Speedway, an oval racing road with a figure 8 track in the middle. So, you’ll be getting two for one here. Not a bad deal, huh?

Continuing with the good news, the new car, the European coupe we named Genk is indeed in this build. The time to unleash that beast is nigh!

One addition is worth mentioning here: field of vision. We’re adding a slider for an angle change – our default is 60 degree FoV, and you’ll be able to change it by additional 30 degrees. Test it out, as your field of vision has a surprising effect on how you perceive your speed and surroundings. (Enlarging the FoV will cause distortion on the edges of the screen, but this is just the first step.)

New build is slightly delayed :( but devs seem to think it's worth the wait :)
Well, let's just say that when we tested out some new settings, I grinned widely from the mere oooomph of the impact when I T-boned an AI car. It felt great, and there's definitely more meat on the collisions. But, we need to test it out some more, in case we broke something

It's a nice update and of course includes the long awaited multiplayer.
I'm pleased they've added a FOV adjustment albeit a fairly limited one, but it's better than nothing.
Had a few offline races and tried some online but lagged out quite a bit. Will try again on the weekend.

Unfortunately didn't played yesterday the updated game, cause couldn't assign my wheel. There was no wheel option in the menu:O_o:

Have you played it before with your wheel?
The menus aren't great at the moment but when in controller settings it shows Keyboard in 1st column then Wheel in 2nd column and also Wheel in 3rd column if you use USB pedals.

At first I didn't pay much attention and was trying to set throttle etc while in the Keyboard column.

Have you played it before with your wheel?
The menus aren't great at the moment but when in controller settings it shows Keyboard in 1st column then Wheel in 2nd column and also Wheel in 3rd column if you use USB pedals.

At first I didn't pay much attention and was trying to set throttle etc while in the Keyboard column.

Hello Steve, I always played NCG with my fanatec CSW. I don't remember how did I assigned before the wheel but yesterday there was no option for wheel. There was only Keyboard in 1st column then Joystic in 2nd column and also Joystic in 3rd column.

I I suspect that may be something that interferes with a recent software I installed, for better immersion in Assetto. Is called RealHeadMotion for Assetto Corsa. It could be that...

Hello Steve, I always played NCG with my fanatec CSW. I don't remember how did I assigned before the wheel but yesterday there was no option for wheel. There was only Keyboard in 1st column then Joystic in 2nd column and also Joystic in 3rd column.

I I suspect that may be something that interferes with a recent software I installed, for better immersion in Assetto. Is called RealHeadMotion for Assetto Corsa. It could be that...

Could be. It's a shame when things don't work nicely together.

If it's any help..I have CSW and it was great with NCG last night ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 275 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 184 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 185 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 137 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 243 13.5%