Build 298 Release Notes

New Build Up later tonight -- release notes for 298 (FPS improvements in too, but not mentioned in notes):

Update 17 (Build 298) Changelog (September 4, 2013):
=====================================================

FEATURES:
————————
Added “FuelLevelDigit*” to cockpitinfo.ini.
Changed when the low fuel warning comes on.
Work-in-progress on restoring vehicle state upon race rejoins (server optional).
Added new constraint system that supports chassis flex and more. Not 100% ready for primetime yet.
Removed “hand held” functionality from cameras when cycling through cameras in spectator mode.

GRAPHICS:
————————
Made some improvements to reflection mapping.

MODDING / PUBLIC DEV
————————
Improved default tracking cam values.
Implemented a “clear all cheat values” for a specific path because the old way required selecting all waypoints to be cleared first.
Added option to only show selected camera’s activation zones.

BUG FIXES / OPTIMIZATIONS:
————————
Fixed bug where uninstalled components were polluting inventory during loading.
Fixed memory leak.
Fixed some ttool problems when writing out TGM files.
Fixed random message box spam during recon lap.
Removed FlushPreviousFrame option from plr file to eliminate confusion, this param was moved to config.ini a year ago.
Added fail-safe to make sure pit exit eventually turns green in race.
Prevent pit exit from getting stuck at red during an early safety car.
Fixed client confusion when restarting weekend after another client has left a race.
Fixed a bug with incorrect use of bloom in showroom.
Fixed a problem with track bar geometry introduced a while back (doesn’t affect any current ISI content).

AI:
————————
Probable fix for multiplayer AI cars parking in wrong pit spots and blocking garages.
Fixed AI chatting in response to contact (apology or anger depending on perceived fault).

MULTIPLAYER:
————————
Now uses a single port for simulation data. +port is the command line option. Simulation port in multiplayer.ini.
Can now run server and client on the same machine.

I agree with Stefan to -re-install everything. I Personally deleted everything, and re-activated to get it to work. I have been reading that a lot of people have troubles because of mods that are installed, so if it doesn't start you can try to remove the packages folder also to see if it than works, and than re-install the mods again.

Just did the auto-update and everything went smooth.
Around 10% gain in FPS. Noticed small diference in graphics saturation.

There are problems with sears point track (some reported Lola´s mod aswell). Something to do with description having more than 3000 characters.

1dbemPd.png

Ehehehe,I nearly died as I have seen this.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 148 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 39.9%