Build 2 of Assetto Corsa Competizione Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione has been updated! Build 2 brings with it a new car, track, VR and plenty of improvements too...

Pretty much every sim racing fan who lives in a world of internet connection and passing interest in our hobby will be aware that Assetto Corsa Competizione is a thing, and by the same token I'm sure they probably know that today is patch day. With that in mind, and following an unbelievably strange day that kept me from the laptop (and the ACC update) until almost midnight, let's have a look at the update notes and see what's new.

Oh, and sorry for the late posting... :)

ACC Screenshot 0.2  (11).png
ACC Screenshot 0.2  (13).png

Assetto Corsa Competizione Update 2 Build Notes:
  • Fixed “No VR no buy”
  • New first-gen Bentley Continental GT3
  • New Misano Circuit
  • Aero: Non circulatory lift implemented
  • Setup UI and logic changes to accomodate a big number of damper clicks
  • Hotlap has fixed fuel load (10L). Also fuel load slider is not available in UI in hotlap sessions
  • Bumpstop telemetry graphs in setup mechanical balance screen
  • Fixes and fine tuning in setup aero screen
  • Decimal numbers in front aero variation values
  • Code for realistic (displayed) brake bias values
  • Brake bias variation now possible in decimal numbers
  • Fine tuning on preset setups
  • Setup name now shown on top screen title
  • Setup name adds an asterisk when user changes setup values, indicating saving is needed.
  • UI warning when users tries to load a different setup, or a preset, indicating that you might lose your setup changes if any
  • Setup protection against out of limits values
  • Setup Input/Output filtering for car and circuit
  • Setup navigation fixes
  • Fine tuning of Huracan suspension geometry and dampers
  • Fine tuning of tyre model camber gain, IMO heat range, and more
  • FFB option screen new sliders: dynamic damper, road effects
  • controls.json extra FFB values. minDamper, damperGain
  • Stability control is now using different logic
  • Reworked driver steering animation
  • Adjusted safety net position in the Lamborghini Huracán GT3
  • Added driver assets for the teams featured
  • Adjusted water spray effects in the night
  • Nurburgring fixes and improvements
  • Added HUD option for speed unit toggle
  • Added timetables to pause menu & post-session
  • Added sharpness option to video settings
  • Added pitch angle adjustment to camera settings
  • Added Save, Cancel, Defaults and Quit buttons to camera settings
  • Proximity indicator toggle in HUD options
  • Added Sprint Race Weekend and Hotlap Superpole in Game Mode options
  • Track selection page navigation fixes
  • Fixed bug when loading the last gamemode settings
  • Added auto engine start
  • Added auto pitlimiter
  • Fixed Pitlimiter issue with pitlimiter lights on toggle
  • Added multiple starting lights logic
  • Added pitstop logic (basic) for humam and AI
  • Added Sprint race weekend system
  • Practice and Qualify Overtime has a max time of 3 minutes
  • Controller page: Starter, Look functions and Shift can’t be set as advanced
  • Fixed engine forced shut off when return on track after setup changes
  • Fixed wrong weather key on json
  • Fixed weather selection on UI not reset after a special event
  • Added New camera sequence for Full formation lap
  • Tweaked Marshal system to avoid false spline recognition
  • Added logic for flags when in entry and exit lane (slower speed are allowed without raising any flag)
  • Reworked steer scale/steer inverted control options
  • Removed confusing ghost car time references in the gui
  • Added base version of end session highlights
  • Fixed music still on after cliking drive or restarting
  • Audio engine optimizations
  • Added superpole/pitwindow/hotstint event spotter
  • Fixed double engine start inside the reverb zone
  • Minor tweaks for tyres scrub sound on dry and wet conditions
  • Fixed clicks in particular camera switches
  • Fixed pit alarm sound for Nürburgring
  • Minor tweaks for crowd and track speakers distance attenuation
  • Fixed announcer voice stops after some minutes
  • Fixed bodywork noise entering the setup page
  • Removed the possibility to change lights/wiper stage in the replay
  • Fixed mirror visibility in the replay
  • Added current session time, car lap time, valid lap and fuel for replay
  • Slow Motion now affects the entire world
  • Fixed slow motion pause state for replay hud
  • Stability control is now less performant with steering wheel to avoid being used as illegal aid
ACC Screenshot 0.2  (14).png
ACC Screenshot 0.2  (17a.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

What do you think of the new build? Happy with the latest ACC update? Does VR work well for you? What do you most like from the new change log? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Love that the ghost car turns red under braking.

No idea if its new or not but I just noticed it.

I've wanted brake lights on ghost cars for years but this is a much more elegant solution.

Anyone else using a mixed reality HMD? On startup I’m floating near the ceiling of the garage with a screen at my feet. When I recentre the HMD I’m set to a standing position but unfortuantely the screen is dropping further so I’m still having to look down at an angle to see the menus.
Raceroom starts in a similar fashion but once the view is reset the menus are where they should be.

I've been messing with the VR settings now for a few days. Results are ok, but it still needs a lot of work. The menu system is meh, and having to set things up on the 2D menu first, then go into the VR menu and hope you didn't forget anything, is a pain. Or with the innovative Load/Save screen, hope you saved it correctly. Not sure what Kunos was going for with that system?

Right now EA is not Early Access, it stands for Extreme Aggravation.:O_o: Maybe my expectations were a little too high. I thought Kunos would carry on from AC, and have all the simple stuff laid out. Guess I was wrong.

And having to do a pace lap every time? C'mon really? Who thought that was a good idea in the board meeting?:laugh:

I'm running the CV1, and is it just me, or when you move close to look at the gauges, does the dash move away from you? Is this happening to everyone, or do I have a tracking issue?

I have hope for this title, but man things are rough right now. Pretty much the same when the first AC came out. A lot of growing pains. I'm not trying to say anything bad, and I still support Kunos, but so far I'm a little disappointed. Maybe expecting something awesome right out of the gate was being a little too optimistic. But as time goes by things will get better.:thumbsup: I hope.

Yes to all that you said. Ok, its an EA but it shows how far it is from something good in VR. Maybe it never becomes. Don't get me wrong, the game looks like to have a great potential. But the VR... I was hoping this to replace iRacing as the standard VR sim game but now I dont think they can do it till release date. The thing you said about the cockpit moving just a little bit with your head movement? Man, that's awfull. I am very disapointed even to an EA. Looks like they are putting zero care to VR.

Guys, I've tried build 2 of ACC and enjoyed it. I wanted to ask couple of questions, maybe someone who follows ACC forums will know.

* Does manual engine start works? I tried to do it, mapped ignition and starter and car jumps out of pits on manual start attempt, what am I missing?

And, couple of things I am curious about regarding future plans.
* I noticed no damage on cars in this build. Is this coming?
* No flat spots either, are they in a game?
* Is safety car planned/considered?
* Any idea if rich shared memory is considered? Current block is very limited.

Thanks and cheers! :)

I maybe able to help you on your first question. Engine start is shown as automatic under "Assists", within the "Options" menu. I had a similar situation, thinking I needed to map wipers and headlights. You will need to turn "automatic" off in the Assists menu. I hope it works ;).

I maybe able to help you on your first question. Engine start is shown as automatic under "Assists", within the "Options" menu. I had a similar situation, thinking I needed to map wipers and headlights. You will need to turn "automatic" off in the Assists menu. I hope it works ;).
I did that, but when I try to press Starter, car jumps out of pits, and still doesn't start. I eventually turned automatic as a workaround for now, but trying to understand if it is something on my end, or issue with EA.

Can you start engine manually?

I did that, but when I try to press Starter, car jumps out of pits, and still doesn't start. I eventually turned automatic as a workaround for now, but trying to understand if it is something on my end, or issue with EA.

You can. You have to first turn the ignition on and then hold down the starter button to start the engine. What do you mean by "car jumps out of pits?"

I didn't try this build yet but I could start manually with build 1 (using the default key). Are you sure you didn't have a gear engaged? That's the only think I can think off… Maybe try with clutch pressed?
* Any idea if rich shared memory is considered? Current block is very limited.
Why did this get most of my interest in your post?...:whistling:

Thanks for your replies guys, this is really bizarre problem with starting engine. So, by "jumps out of pits" I mean the following. I tried Hurracan, at Nurburgring. Engine auto start manual, of course. I hit ignition in pits. As soon as I press Starter, car teleports out of pits and appears at pit exit.

I tried all the things, clutch engaged, gearbox in N, I even tried to give a bit of throttle, no luck, car tries to start (starter spins) and nothing.

But it is good to know it works for you guys, it means it is something on my end :) I'll figure it out.

Anyone else using a mixed reality HMD? On startup I’m floating near the ceiling of the garage with a screen at my feet. When I recentre the HMD I’m set to a standing position but unfortuantely the screen is dropping further so I’m still having to look down at an angle to see the menus.
Raceroom starts in a similar fashion but once the view is reset the menus are where they should be.

You could try this; While in ACC turn on a motion controller and press down on the thumbstick to open the Steam VR menu, go to the power button in the bottom left then choose the option that says something about recentering seat position.

Last edited:
i had tried this build a little,two hours only, and like the new car and the track. the Bentley is easier to drive for me. with the motor on the front it turns better. i should have probe some setup changes for the lambo, but with default setup is easier the Bentley.

i have never laped in misano, and it is complety diferent. flat, more slow corners,... but i have finished to like it.

and the ffb. now i feel easier to know if i am understeering, but… i don´t think it is better than in the first build. like i said before, it´s only that we have to used to that feeling. the problem are all of us, for me. thinking about it, the problem is that all the games has a lot of thing to change the ffb (think in rf), and in consecuence, we are used to diferents feeling of it. my first test in this build was with the lambo in the ring to compare with the first one. i felt what i said, i felt more understeer, even i had not change the new damper bar of the ffb. but i had not a good feeling, i don´t know how to explain, because i have never drove a Racing car, only Street cars, and have not too much time to play sims. i have been playing since 2010, but not too much.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 111 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 84 9.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 116 13.5%