Build 2 of Assetto Corsa Competizione Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione has been updated! Build 2 brings with it a new car, track, VR and plenty of improvements too...

Pretty much every sim racing fan who lives in a world of internet connection and passing interest in our hobby will be aware that Assetto Corsa Competizione is a thing, and by the same token I'm sure they probably know that today is patch day. With that in mind, and following an unbelievably strange day that kept me from the laptop (and the ACC update) until almost midnight, let's have a look at the update notes and see what's new.

Oh, and sorry for the late posting... :)

ACC Screenshot 0.2  (11).png
ACC Screenshot 0.2  (13).png

Assetto Corsa Competizione Update 2 Build Notes:
  • Fixed “No VR no buy”
  • New first-gen Bentley Continental GT3
  • New Misano Circuit
  • Aero: Non circulatory lift implemented
  • Setup UI and logic changes to accomodate a big number of damper clicks
  • Hotlap has fixed fuel load (10L). Also fuel load slider is not available in UI in hotlap sessions
  • Bumpstop telemetry graphs in setup mechanical balance screen
  • Fixes and fine tuning in setup aero screen
  • Decimal numbers in front aero variation values
  • Code for realistic (displayed) brake bias values
  • Brake bias variation now possible in decimal numbers
  • Fine tuning on preset setups
  • Setup name now shown on top screen title
  • Setup name adds an asterisk when user changes setup values, indicating saving is needed.
  • UI warning when users tries to load a different setup, or a preset, indicating that you might lose your setup changes if any
  • Setup protection against out of limits values
  • Setup Input/Output filtering for car and circuit
  • Setup navigation fixes
  • Fine tuning of Huracan suspension geometry and dampers
  • Fine tuning of tyre model camber gain, IMO heat range, and more
  • FFB option screen new sliders: dynamic damper, road effects
  • controls.json extra FFB values. minDamper, damperGain
  • Stability control is now using different logic
  • Reworked driver steering animation
  • Adjusted safety net position in the Lamborghini Huracán GT3
  • Added driver assets for the teams featured
  • Adjusted water spray effects in the night
  • Nurburgring fixes and improvements
  • Added HUD option for speed unit toggle
  • Added timetables to pause menu & post-session
  • Added sharpness option to video settings
  • Added pitch angle adjustment to camera settings
  • Added Save, Cancel, Defaults and Quit buttons to camera settings
  • Proximity indicator toggle in HUD options
  • Added Sprint Race Weekend and Hotlap Superpole in Game Mode options
  • Track selection page navigation fixes
  • Fixed bug when loading the last gamemode settings
  • Added auto engine start
  • Added auto pitlimiter
  • Fixed Pitlimiter issue with pitlimiter lights on toggle
  • Added multiple starting lights logic
  • Added pitstop logic (basic) for humam and AI
  • Added Sprint race weekend system
  • Practice and Qualify Overtime has a max time of 3 minutes
  • Controller page: Starter, Look functions and Shift can’t be set as advanced
  • Fixed engine forced shut off when return on track after setup changes
  • Fixed wrong weather key on json
  • Fixed weather selection on UI not reset after a special event
  • Added New camera sequence for Full formation lap
  • Tweaked Marshal system to avoid false spline recognition
  • Added logic for flags when in entry and exit lane (slower speed are allowed without raising any flag)
  • Reworked steer scale/steer inverted control options
  • Removed confusing ghost car time references in the gui
  • Added base version of end session highlights
  • Fixed music still on after cliking drive or restarting
  • Audio engine optimizations
  • Added superpole/pitwindow/hotstint event spotter
  • Fixed double engine start inside the reverb zone
  • Minor tweaks for tyres scrub sound on dry and wet conditions
  • Fixed clicks in particular camera switches
  • Fixed pit alarm sound for Nürburgring
  • Minor tweaks for crowd and track speakers distance attenuation
  • Fixed announcer voice stops after some minutes
  • Fixed bodywork noise entering the setup page
  • Removed the possibility to change lights/wiper stage in the replay
  • Fixed mirror visibility in the replay
  • Added current session time, car lap time, valid lap and fuel for replay
  • Slow Motion now affects the entire world
  • Fixed slow motion pause state for replay hud
  • Stability control is now less performant with steering wheel to avoid being used as illegal aid
ACC Screenshot 0.2  (14).png
ACC Screenshot 0.2  (17a.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

What do you think of the new build? Happy with the latest ACC update? Does VR work well for you? What do you most like from the new change log? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:
From my own testing I think this means

- set anti-aliasing level to high or epic
- set anti-aliasing type to Temporal

If you're not on Temporal anti-aliasing, the UE4 sharpening filter tries to sharpen something that is already sharp and makes it look awful.

You want to make your game blurry by putting Temporal on, then sharpen that with the UE4 sharpening filter ConsoleVariables.

Thank you :)

The menu system is meh, and having to set things up on the 2D menu first, then go into the VR menu and hope you didn't forget anything, is a pain.

You only have to do that the first time to make sure your wheel buttons are mapped for menu navigation. After that you just start the game in VR and use the wheel buttons to get around. Not really a pain IMO, took like two minutes after I downloaded the update and that's that. And as Pankykapus said, early access is not meant to be user friendly so there will be some growing pains until the final system is decided and optimized.

Good to know, I thought it was my pedals and the load cell was going out. :laugh: Man they are spongy and ya gotta brake hard. Even the Lambo felt a little spongy, but not as bad. I like my brakes sensitive where I can just tap them. I kind of messed around with the brake settings a little. Anyone got any tips?

Not sure about spongy, what it feels like to me is getting brake fade ( which I know I'm not! ) - it is possibly because the car is losing downforce as it slows down & the ABS is working harder, but I keep arriving at corners & wanting to bleed the last bit of speed off & then find the car just doesn't want to slow down :p a bit more rear bias helps actually in the corner ( more so than the Lambo, I think ) but so far I'm braking a bit earlier than I'd like.

Not really driven much though I have to say - my rig is not terribly happy right now.

I've given it a few hours now and everything has worked as it should, except for a freeze when saving the setup. One time deal though. On the subject of saving setups; when can we expect to carry setups over between builds? There's no point in testing and saving setups if they cant be carried over.

I cant say I can feel the physics changes, but I do feel the differences between cars. The Boatley handles like described - awful. Not physics wise, but like in real life. Plenty of power, no brakes and near impossible to control out of corners. How real drivers manage to drive it I dont know, but its like manhandling a house round the track.
The Huracan feels far more refined and faster round the track.

Setup section could still do with some fine tuning, in particular a description of what every setting does and what happens if changing it. Has telemetry been implemented? I cant seem to find it.

Graphics are still intensing my system, but oddly enough its not the rain, but the darkness that hammers my fps. While on the subject; the headlights, which I've only tried on the Huracan, are too bright and the beam to narrow.

Track limits are very generous. I've not yet found a penalty for cutting the track which leads me to think people exploit that for the rankings. A cutting system would be most welcome if implemented sensibly.

Track limits are very generous. I've not yet found a penalty for cutting the track which leads me to think people exploit that for the rankings. A cutting system would be most welcome if implemented sensibly.

There's already one in place but Misano is like that irl. When I watched the DTM race a few months back, they were racing the same lines, and maybe even a bit worse, cause that race was under rain conditions.

Well, the fact real life drivers can't be bothered to uphold certain racing standards doesn't mean we should all follow their example.

Not the drivers' example you should be paying attention to, it's the stewards, and if the stewards weren't penalizing them it's all on the up and up and legal IMO. Of course sim racers seem to have much more of a hard-on for track limits than any real-world stewards so who knows what actual standards we should follow.

Not the drivers' example you should be paying attention to, it's the stewards, and if the stewards weren't penalizing them it's all on the up and up and legal IMO.
Well, that's certainly one way of viewing it. Not one I would personally subscribe to (I prefer people following rules, not breaking them - or entering grey areas - hoping they will not be punished for it), but you're obviously free to have a different opinion.

I watched the Misano DTM races live on youtube. They were actually talking about a drivers' meeting that happened to discuss track limits because it's not a regular DTM venue. If it's agreed those are the limits and you don't use every single inch of what is considered legal, your morals will only take you one place.....last :laugh:

Keep in mind I'm just talking about Misano, I'm not talking about exploiting every single track limits bug in sims, that's a separate issue

I must say, the more I play with ACC, the more I enjoy it. It seems to me that the bugs will get worked out. I was really suffering with low frames and weird looking graphics as well as not great FFB. After spending way too long messing around with it, I have it looking very nice and acceptable frames. Also, the FFB is pretty good. I hope, of course, that this will continue and the game only get better and better. To me, the guys at Kunos should have sorted more things out and then released the game. Most wheels should just work with good FFB out of the box. I think many will turn away from the game in frustration before it comes in. To ask buyers of the game to work all this out is a lot to ask. Most on here will do it because we're sim geeks, but many won't.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 485 39.0%