DiRT 4 Build 1.06 Patch Update Deployed for Codemasters DiRT Title

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
a DiRT 4 New Build.jpg

The latest patch has been deployed for the new Codemasters rally title DiRT 4, bringing the game to build version 1.06 and adding a bunch of new fixes to the game.

Released to mixed reviews from fans of the long running Codemasters series, the latest build update to DiRT 4 looks to inject a number of fixes and bug defects found within the current version of the title as well as adding a few minor feature improvements.

Although light on content and new features, the latest patch is a useful release and will surely be well received by current players, with Codemasters having done a good job of addressing some of the long running bugbears with the latest game.

You can check out the full build 1.06 patch notes below:

Feature Improvements
  • Added full Japanese language support, including text, subtitles, and audio.
  • Bug fixes and refinements to improve the quality across all written languages.
  • Improved anti-cheat detection for Joyride leaderboards.
  • Fearless difficulty modified so it allows all types of manual gears.
  • An improved system for storing and re-uploading Community Event times when RaceNet is unavailable.
  • Staff contracts now reduce at their expected rate in Pro Tour and Jam Session.
  • Pro Tour scoring is now more consistent.
  • ‘Up and Up’ achievement will now unlock when you get promoted to any tier in Pro Tour.
Crash Fixes
  • Improved stability across the game.
General Fixes
  • Added the ability to configure unsupported devices. If you are already using an unsupported device, you will need to rebind any custom changes.
  • Fixed car wheels and suspension popping in the Service Area.
  • Fixed Mailbox specific issues.
  • Fixed an issue that caused some Community Events results to become invalidated.
  • Fixed an issue with Delta Daily results

DiRT 4 is available to purchase for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Steam PC right now.

a DiRT 4 New Build 1.jpg
a DiRT 4 New Build 2.jpg
a DiRT 4 New Build 3.jpg

Check out the DiRT 4 sub forum to get yourself involved with the DiRTy community and discuss this excellent new rally title from Codemasters. If DiRT 4 doesn't tickle your fancy then fear not, we also have a sub forum for the awesome DiRT Rally games for you to enjoy and interact within!

Happy with the progress of DiRT 4 since initial release? Pleased with the latest update? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Seriously guys, you complain when your PC is blocked for 15 minutes!?!?!?
Have a cig, take a shower or sit on your toilet...

When there is nothing more to argue about I will find another reason to argue about... :mad:

You bet I complain when my PC is needlessly blocked for 15 minutes and I need additional 40 gigs of free space (on top of the 40 gigs the game takes up normally) just to apply a minor game patch. Good for you that you don't mind not being able to use your PC. I do. You're not better than me for that, please stop acting like you are.

(Also note I said 15 minutes only because I didn't remember how long it took the last time, so I just used an arbitrary number. Obviously it can be quite a lot longer, judging from what others have said.)

Erm...only they are the publishers.

Koch Media are the publishers AFAIK. And even if Codemasters themselves were the publisher, it still doesn't matter in the context of what we were talking about - he was complaining about "the devs", and I can assure you the devs themselves had very little say in the things we were talking about. Also, that's why I said "executives and the distributor" (and yeah, I meant the publisher, sorry, not a native speaker, couldn't remember the correct word).

[QUOTE = "tonio duran, post: 2539272, member: 141848"] Physics when I first feel I was told that they do not seem to want to be ralli of dirt, but no. Spending more hours gave me another chance and twice as hard when it gets to level 35 physics are very difficult also a ground meeting for a section in Greece the same thing I did in drit 4 and compared so I was in lightning now In Wet Much more real and difficult dirt 4 also graficamentè gained a little. The problem for me is 1 or 2 the feeling of speed was a little 2 in the dirt 4 with 3 screens of the second camera on the board could be modified again a bit up and down Like the same tools that It has to Move the driver's perfect perfect seat, It's all a car is not a be able to drive with a remote is impossible and in the dirt 4 is faster in every tuned dirt than blame anyone abla. The best markers that come with only the differences and are allowed to see the replay have aviva traps or not. Like dirt 1 2 3 4 I never put it like they did that time with aids with which the cameras and I will separate very arcade that continues to happen in the dirt 4 when you want to be reference in simulator bad rallys come is not the right way. PLEASE MAKE SOMETHING A VERY BIG COMPANY. Like dirt 1 2 3 4 I never put it like they did that time with aids with which the cameras and I will separate very arcade that continues to happen in the dirt 4 when you want to be reference in simulator bad rallys come is not the right way. PLEASE MAKE SOMETHING A VERY BIG COMPANY. Like dirt 1 2 3 4 I never put it like they did that time with aids with which the cameras and I will separate very arcade that continues to happen in the dirt 4 when you want to be reference in simulator bad rallys come is not the right way. PLEASE MAKE SOMETHING A VERY BIG COMPANY. [/ QUOTE]
[QUOTE = "ShredatorFIN, post: 2536605, member: 220401"] There are no physical corrections yet. Hope is decreasing [/ QUOTE]

So, they rolled back to the previous update, so I wasted 1 hour updating from 1.061 to 1.062 and then from 1.062 to 1.061.
I didn't had neither the time to launch the game with 1.062 installed!!! :mad::poop::thumbsdown:

I uninstalled Dirt 4 yesterday in the evening because of another update which took some hours (for nothing relevant). At some point I had enough because I wanted to play online and, then, just uninstalled it.

@Ross Garland: How can one "suspend" all updates for a game?
There is no entry like "do not update this game" when I right click Dirt 4 in Steam, go to properties and to updates. It just tells me if I want to change the priority or let the game update itself in the backround. :-(
I'd be very thankful if you could explain how you got rid of the updates.

Or does you comment mean that you've already uninstalöled Dirt 4? ;-)

There is no entry like "do not update this game" when I right click Dirt 4 in Steam, go to properties and to updates. It just tells me if I want to change the priority or let the game update itself in the backround. :-(

"Only update the game when I launch it" - that will suspend all updates until you click "play". :)

Or does you comment mean that you've already uninstalöled Dirt 4? ;-)

Ole's method will work. In my case, I paused the update in the download manager, then cancelled it altogether. That prevents it from auto-restarting the next time you start Steam.

"Only update the game when I launch it" - that will suspend all updates until you click "play". :)

Thank you for mentioning it. I knew about that option.
But I wish I could get rid of these updates.
Because if I want to load the game I will have to wait for all the updates to be done. Surely, it's the faster way because Dirt 4 files get unpacked only once for all the updates.

Ole's method will work. In my case, I paused the update in the download manager, then cancelled it altogether. That prevents it from auto-restarting the next time you start Steam.

Thank you, too!
And what about starting the game?
Would I be able to start Dirt 4 without it doing any updates?

And what about starting the game?
Would I be able to start Dirt 4 without it doing any updates?

Er... pass. I haven't actually tried to start it since cancelling the download. If Steam have removed the option to prevent all updates (I knew I'd seen that option before!) then I'm guessing it'll still force-update when you try to play. :(

Edit: Confirmed... you need to update it to play it at all. :thumbsdown:

Right, can someone explain wtf is going on with patches for this game? I've had about 4 updates recently, and because of the horrendous way Codemasters deploys patches (why does DiRT 4 take longer to patch than most games take to install from scratch?) I've had my PC essentially hijacked so it can do all these updates.

Updates are now off until they fix the physics in this game. So what state is this game currently in, and should I update right now?

Right, can someone explain wtf is going on with patches for this game? I've had about 4 updates recently, and because of the horrendous way Codemasters deploys patches (why does DiRT 4 take longer to patch than most games take to install from scratch?) I've had my PC essentially hijacked so it can do all these updates.

Updates are now off until they fix the physics in this game. So what state is this game currently in, and should I update right now?

1.05 was good but Racenet went offline for two days and people started complaining that every time a stage was completed there was a 30 seconds pause with the game trying to send data to Racenet servers.
So CMs released 1.06 to fix this issue but compromised the stability of the game with the online activities.
With 1.061 and 1.062 they tried to fix it but instead they introduced a new bug with cars going missing in the garage.
With 1.063 they finally solved all these bugs.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 376 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%