DiRT 4 Build 1.06 Patch Update Deployed for Codemasters DiRT Title

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
a DiRT 4 New Build.jpg

The latest patch has been deployed for the new Codemasters rally title DiRT 4, bringing the game to build version 1.06 and adding a bunch of new fixes to the game.

Released to mixed reviews from fans of the long running Codemasters series, the latest build update to DiRT 4 looks to inject a number of fixes and bug defects found within the current version of the title as well as adding a few minor feature improvements.

Although light on content and new features, the latest patch is a useful release and will surely be well received by current players, with Codemasters having done a good job of addressing some of the long running bugbears with the latest game.

You can check out the full build 1.06 patch notes below:

Feature Improvements
  • Added full Japanese language support, including text, subtitles, and audio.
  • Bug fixes and refinements to improve the quality across all written languages.
  • Improved anti-cheat detection for Joyride leaderboards.
  • Fearless difficulty modified so it allows all types of manual gears.
  • An improved system for storing and re-uploading Community Event times when RaceNet is unavailable.
  • Staff contracts now reduce at their expected rate in Pro Tour and Jam Session.
  • Pro Tour scoring is now more consistent.
  • ‘Up and Up’ achievement will now unlock when you get promoted to any tier in Pro Tour.
Crash Fixes
  • Improved stability across the game.
General Fixes
  • Added the ability to configure unsupported devices. If you are already using an unsupported device, you will need to rebind any custom changes.
  • Fixed car wheels and suspension popping in the Service Area.
  • Fixed Mailbox specific issues.
  • Fixed an issue that caused some Community Events results to become invalidated.
  • Fixed an issue with Delta Daily results

DiRT 4 is available to purchase for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Steam PC right now.

a DiRT 4 New Build 1.jpg
a DiRT 4 New Build 2.jpg
a DiRT 4 New Build 3.jpg

Check out the DiRT 4 sub forum to get yourself involved with the DiRTy community and discuss this excellent new rally title from Codemasters. If DiRT 4 doesn't tickle your fancy then fear not, we also have a sub forum for the awesome DiRT Rally games for you to enjoy and interact within!

Happy with the progress of DiRT 4 since initial release? Pleased with the latest update? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
The graphics are nicer in D4 gotta say.

However, the driving is better in DR and it's mostly because 1. I can slide and 2. If my tyre goes 1cm off the road, I don't do a 9847484848 degree spin which happens every time in D4.

I also love the replays in DR, I sit and watch it all the way through after every stage. I tried in D4 and I got bored after 2 minutes.

So in the end, I'm on DR.

@Andrew Scott If you want to show your displeasure about "half baked releases", you can leave the devs out of it. You can be sure they had no say in when the release date will be and in what state the game will be launched. And there's nothing wrong with their attitude at all as well - they do care about the game and about rally in general a great deal. They're not making compromises because they want to, they have no choice.

Show your displeasure to the executives and the distributor, they're the ones calling the shots, not devs.

Also, the game certainly has flaws, but calling it "half baked" is going a bit too far IMO.
I think consumers are a large part of the issue too, if they only bought games that were complete/bug free we'd have a lot less games launching in a poor state.

I think consumers are a large part of the issue too, if they only bought games that were complete/bug free we'd have a lot less games launching in a poor state.
Maybe, but that's never going to happen (the games will never be 100 % complete/bug free and the customers will never not buy them).

Also, generally speaking, I don't think it's right to blame customers for buying a (potentially) flawed product.

• Deleted member 197115

DR4 physics is not a bug to be fixed it was a deliberate, conscious design decision. As such I do not believe there will be any adjustments, "work as designed".
Game is deserted anyway, seems like everyone jumped back to DR, at least based on Steam chart, not sure how consoles fare in comparison.

Based on the Steam charts, pretty much the same amount of people currently play both DR and D4 (and have been for a while now, there's been no noticeable changes lately), while ten times more people own DR. So not sure if claims like "the game is deserted" or "everyone jumped back to DR" are appropriate in this context.

• Deleted member 197115

DR physics esp on tarmac were far from perfect but at least loose surfaces were done believable and fun.
Plus real stages didn't bore you to death after 8 hours of generated stage repeatable corners.
DR is 2 year old game, btw, the fact that it peaks over brand new one speaks for itself.

Based on the Steam charts, pretty much the same amount of people currently play both DR and D4 (and have been for a while now, there's been no noticeable changes lately), while ten times more people own DR. So not sure if claims like "the game is deserted" or "everyone jumped back to DR" are appropriate in this context.

As with all stats, graphs and charts, people see what they want to see, and cherry pick the bits which suit their arguments. :)

To be honest, I might remove the game for the sole reason that the patching method is absolutely ridiculous. It sits there for ages unpacking the whole damn game, with constant hard drive activity slowing my whole PC down and causing stuttering in other games I'm trying to play. Codies really need to get their excrement sorted, because this is just silly.

Yes, the patching is truly horrendous. I don't have a whole lot of space left on my drive and 40 gigs and 15 minutes of waiting just to get some minor update is ridiculous. I don't remember ever having this issue with DR :O_o:

they cannot be serious, another 45 minutes or so (28min and counting to be precise) of your pc basically blocked for a 512MB patch? The aim here seems to be to drive customers away from an otherwise enjoyable game.

edit: 41min. and counting.

Last edited:
Seriously guys, you complain when your PC is blocked for 15 minutes!?!?!?
Have a cig, take a shower or sit on your toilet...

When there is nothing more to argue about I will find another reason to argue about... :mad:

@Andrew Scott If you want to show your displeasure about "half baked releases", you can leave the devs out of it. You can be sure they had no say in when the release date will be and in what state the game will be launched. And there's nothing wrong with their attitude at all as well - they do care about the game and about rally in general a great deal. They're not making compromises because they want to, they have no choice.

Show your displeasure to the executives and the distributor, they're the ones calling the shots, not devs.

Also, the game certainly has flaws, but calling it "half baked" is going a bit too far IMO.

Erm...only they are the publishers.

That said...the notion they were once good and then bad again is crazy. The released DR - which was the best thing they've ever produced. Anyone will tell you the CMR/DIRT series was pretty much the more simple/arcade physics that could'nt hold a candle too the likes of RBR - i don't think any of them came close. But they were solid games.
Then Rally came out and pretty much battered everything. The irony is, the Codies could program RBR as its physics are actually fairly simple.
What made that game was they just had some solid input from a rally driver . Doubly ironic is most simmers seem to think this is a bad thing on most other racing games.

Last edited:
Seriously guys, you complain when your PC is blocked for 15 minutes!?!?!?
Have a cig, take a shower or sit on your toilet...

When there is nothing more to argue about I will find another reason to argue about... :mad:

Actually, since almost no other game in history does patching this way, it's a perfectly valid complaint. For some people it's a lot longer than 15 minutes, including me since it took over 30 for the most recent patch today. Why should I be essentially blocked from using my own PC just because one game needs a useless patch? I don't smoke, my free time is precious, and I don't appreciate having it wasted.

Actually, since almost no other game in history does patching this way, it's a perfectly valid complaint. For some people it's a lot longer than 15 minutes, including me since it took over 30 for the most recent patch today. Why should I be essentially blocked from using my own PC just because one game needs a useless patch? I don't smoke, my free time is precious, and I don't appreciate having it wasted.
+1
51min here, i usually only have time to play maybe 45 mins a day, so that's a whole day gone. Sorry LuMue, on this one I'm on the Codie-basher side, though I usually think they do a good job. People say, It is not a patch at all, it's a reinstall. Why would I want to reinstall 35GB worth of material to fix 500MB? it just seems an awful waste.

ATS and ETS2 share the same type of patching process but, since the size of those games is much smaller, it doesn't take so much time and system resources.
With D4 is really annoying, especially if you have a traditional HDD and the game is installed on the same hard drive where Windows is installed: basically it slows down my PC for at least 30 minutes.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back