bugs and miscellaneous questions

sorry for my bad english (google translator)

-Specifically some circuit mods when installing and testing them
(regardless of whether it is good or not) they have the following problem: the audio freezes (micro freezes) at every moment or randomly seconds of second. It can be a track of great quality but that annoying freeze makes me discard the track ... luckily there are few tracks in which I found this, and luckily I found the same tracks made by others as a replacement. (example: nurburgring gp, there are several versions of several mod constructors, and some bring me this problem) It is also true that after turning, opening and closing the sim several times, the problem disappears. I prefer a circuit that in principle does not bring this problem.
It is a problem to find the original source of mods that were published years ago, or updated versions without a chat center.
update: the solution: below

-the DucFreak's GTR2 UI MOD mod where do they get it from? I mean the source, is there a forum, or a publisher's site?

I will soon make a list of essential tracks for gtr2, and a list of car packs and seasons. (with your help) and my story .....

Last edited:
Stuttering may happen if you forgot to enable all cores of your cpu. Some 3rd party tracks are not well optimised especially RIP from other games.

Original GTR2 UI MOD :
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/gtr2-ui-mod-installer-version.4433/

@DucFreak , along with @David Wright , are living legends as they were original devs who made GTR2 then Power & Glory mod :)

Thank you so much for the help.
... more bugs, more questions:

1-some mod circuits have a problem at NIGHT:
- Turning on the lights of the car and being with the view of external driving produces a blinking / stuttering of textures of the circuit, randomly where it illuminates my car. worst of all is that "bad" circuits discard them because of this. before VLM lemans 91/6 worked perfect, now you have this problem. and also it was in a clean installation. Is this question the same ?: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/problem-with-headlights-shaders-blink-flicker.165935/
I haven't seen those flickers in cockpit ever. I have the v 1.1 of gt2

It also happens in these conditions:
-I have only cpu, not GPU.
-and medium graphic quality. (<120fps)
-in a free practice = few cars (3-6)

2-Does this "solve" this problem? or is it for something different:https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/gfx-gtr-version-1-70.29260/

3- what is the program to activate multiple cpu cores?

4-I know and use the UI MOD, but where do you get the last version?

I don't want to be heavy / annoying, a thousand sorry.

Last edited:
1) As you don't have a dedicated gpu but an onboard integrated graphics, I guess this is the reason for stuttering : enabling all cores of your cpu may help to reduce or get rid of them though.
Flickering is track dependant as some will have while others won't.

2) No

3) if you have installed 10th Anniversary Patch then go in [OPTIONS]\[TOOLS] folder and install Bitsum Process Lasso : run GTR2 , do ALT-TAB, open process lasso, right click on GTR2.EXE, set CPU AFFINITY to all cores and set CLASSIFY AS A GAME.
You can also do the same without specific program with CTRL-SHIF-ESC but you will need to do it each time you launch the game.

4) last official DucFreak UI MOD is the one I pointed out above : v1.1+patch 1.2

If you have the 10th Anniversary Patch then you've got my modded version of the DucFreak UI

1) As you don't have a dedicated gpu but an onboard integrated graphics, I guess this is the reason for stuttering : enabling all cores of your cpu may help to reduce or get rid of them though.
Flickering is track dependant as some will have while others won't.

2) No

3) if you have installed 10th Anniversary Patch then go in [OPTIONS]\[TOOLS] folder and install Bitsum Process Lasso : run GTR2 , do ALT-TAB, open process lasso, right click on GTR2.EXE, set CPU AFFINITY to all cores and set CLASSIFY AS A GAME.
You can also do the same without specific program with CTRL-SHIF-ESC but you will need to do it each time you launch the game.

4) last official DucFreak UI MOD is the one I pointed out above : v1.1+patch 1.2

If you have the 10th Anniversary Patch then you've got my modded version of the DucFreak UI
thank you very much ... but:
1 y 3 - I install, execute and configure process lasso as "classify as a game": I saw that it uses the 4 cores.
but does not solve the problem of the night flickering light of my car. these are the conditions: vlm lemans, night, without ia (or very little), free practice, lights on = asphalt flickering that is illuminated by my headlights (my lights do not blink) / as if the track's textures were missing, but this full. I know that virtua lm lemans is an excellent track, besides this problem did not exist before (fresh installation of the game and track)

... I think (and I HOPE) that it is a problem of "big tracks", I have seen this problem in "other" lemans:
-lemans2013 by YETIsaj. he wrote himself
"Known Bugs and Glitches:
* The Dreaded Night Flickers
Yes it has them, but not as badly as other tracks I have tried. I'm sure I can eventually find a fix. "
-lemans 2012 1.3 (the same track is in many "versions" of years)
"Known bugs: between Mulsanne and Indianapolis is some road flickering at night"
that's why I trusted VLM, it didn't give problems. I reinstall everything again, and now if they have the problem.
the large size of the track could be the problem, (I will try with nordschleife, I will reinstall it) on "normal" size tracks I also had this problem, but I assumed it was because of the low quality of the mod and discarded.
I want to leave this published, as a reference for other people.

2- ok

4-I saw it, I don't use the "10th anniversary" (only hq mod collection), I ask if DucFreak or another person can publish it separately, without downloading a package. or update the download in:https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/gtr2-ui-mod-installer-version.4433/

5-HQ FOV DEFVIEWS v7.0: higher speed effect, no more in car headlight flickering at night (16/9) is not the same?

Thank you very much for the help, you are all pillars of the community.

enabling more cores should increase your fps and reduce stuttering but not flickering.

to reduce or get rid of flickering at night :
go in GamaData\Locations\ and enter folder of the flickering track
open TRK file with notepad
at the very beginning, find the first entry ClipPlanes and modify it as :
ClipPlanes=(0.5, 100000.0)
save file and it should fix headlights flickering at night FROM CAR VIEW ONLY (and not from track cameras).
Moreover it is better if you have the HQ defviews.cam file + HQ headlights installed too.

DucFreack has never released the full 1.2, but the version you can find in HQ MODS COLLECTION is based on his v1.2 + more settings in garage menu

I tried the "clipPlanes" AND IT WORKS !! :):thumbsup:(at least for me)

-I use defview.cam and HQ headlights. thanks I thought I would solve the flickering, I didn't. (I also thought this was the problem, I'm glad it wasn't) I still use them.

:confused:One solution leads to another problem:
-modify all trk? Isn't there a patch for this?

and more importantly:
-I already use the UI of HQ mods collection: can the UI be overwritten? (9.9 to 9.10)
-There is a version of the XD mod with a movable track map.
GTR2 10th Anniversary only brings the default version of xd without a map.
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/gtr2-xd-2-16-map-plugin.160749/ something that does not inform xd is your keymap, in "support" you find that info.

... this is an example of what the community can do.:thumbsup:

No patch for all trk because there are too many different tracks available, so you have to edit the ones which suffer from headlights flickering glitch manually.

No problem you can overwrite UI with any version. Note that Pit chief audio wav files are only available in [OPTIONS] folder of 10th Anniversary Patch : you can download it only to get these files if you need them in FRE/ITA/SPA/POR/RUS/GER.

I find track map too arcade (real drivers do not have that in real life), I don't see the point in a real sim, the standings in basic XD are exactly the kind of information your engineer can tell you during a race. That said, use the combo XD+Track map if you prefer, it is just a question of taste in the end :p

No patch for all trk because there are too many different tracks available, so you have to edit the ones which suffer from headlights flickering glitch manually.

No problem you can overwrite UI with any version. Note that Pit chief audio wav files are only available in [OPTIONS] folder of 10th Anniversary Patch : you can download it only to get these files if you need them in FRE/ITA/SPA/POR/RUS/GER.

I find track map too arcade (real drivers do not have that in real life), I don't see the point in a real sim, the standings in basic XD are exactly the kind of information your engineer can tell you during a race. That said, use the combo XD+Track map if you prefer, it is just a question of taste in the end :p
forget something very important:
-I have seen that flickering sometimes in the cockpit camera and also external. Are the clipplanes only for the external? others mention modifying clipplane of the .cam of the track, not the .trk (of the track)
thx

Last edited:
cam file is for external view in replay but you have to edit many clipplanes values for every view angles.
trk clipplanes will affect only car views (cockpit, hood, bumper, 3rd person from rear like nfs/forza, etc...) : first value is for ahead and second value is for mirrors.

of the ".TRK" of vlm lemans:
View=mainview
{
Clear=False
Color=(0, 0, 0)
Size=(1.00, 1.00) Center=(0.5, 0.5)
FOV=(77.75, 62.50)
ClipPlanes=(0.50, 100000.00) AHEAD /MIRRORS ?
View=rearview
{
Clear=False
Color=(0, 0, 0)
Size=(1024.00, 64.00) Center=(512.00, 32.00)
FOV=(62.5, 62.5)
ClipPlanes=(0.50, 250.00) Or is this for mirrors?
Sorry, I don't want to bother you anymore.

I conclude this topic:
To solve / reduce the problem of night track flickering with car headlights: (by gtr233)
go to GamaData \ Locations \ and enter the flashing track folder
Open the TRK file with the notebook, find the first ClipPlanes entry and modify it as:
ClipPlanes = (0.5, 100000.0)
Save the file.

It should look like this:
FOV = (77.75, 62.50)
ClipPlanes = (0.50, 100000.00) <----- THIS
View = rear view
{
Sure =
False color = (0, 0, 0)
Size = (1024.00, 64.00) Center = (512.00, 32.00)
FOV = (62.5, 62.5)
ClipPlanes = (0.50, 250.00) <- this is for mirrors (do not modify)

this is the solution of asphalt flickering at night illuminated by the headlights of car, for all cameras of the car, (cameras attached to the car) not for replay or tracking cameras. no need to modify the ".cam". Do this on each track that presents the problem.
thx grt233, and the community,you all demonstrate the community does as much or more than a developer ... you are interested in people.

I conclude this topic

pd: in another topic, the xd map, you could include it disabled, and mention it. besides placing a keymap that is not in the "readme" of xd.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 305 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 270 13.6%