Resource icon

Cars Bugatti type 32 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
It's a fascinating era, cars weren't the nimblest or the fastest but they had a lot of character. I've got quite a few pics already and a bit of technical info but anything on the cockpit would be handy.

Yeah the released Bugatti is great fun, a grid of these would be so funny online :D I quite like it with the extra lift also, I tried it at Donington and it did pretty well apart from running out of gears.

There really arent many photos to be had. Did it perhaps become the 1924 car? I tried to find out what happened to the cars from 23 but only found this (which I havent read propely yet but seems to be about the 1924 cars)
https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/archive/article/february-1973/37/sorting-out-sunbeams

There is a little drawing here but not useful in any way I dont think.

https://www.velocetoday.com/grand-prix-of-tours-part-5/

This is as close as I've got to the cockpit :p

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detai...st-unknown-news-photo/615558598?adppopup=true

This might have useful info but I'm guessing you read it. I skimmed it and saw a bit about the 1923 Sunbeam engines being almost identical to that of the 1922 Fiat.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/...942/5/racing-car-evolution-part-iii-1922-1925

Yeah the released Bugatti is great fun, a grid of these would be so funny online :D I quite like it with the extra lift also, I tried it at Donington and it did pretty well apart from running out of gears.

When I was first trying to add the lift the car would do a massive wheelie coming over the crest at old Donnington, made for some spectacular crashes. It's enjoyably challenging with that wing set, if you brake hard it brings the front back down but I generally prefer just to charge around like a loony doing four-wheel drifts around the corners so I leave it off.

Amazing mod.... but, how does the "-8 deg" front aero works?

It's the opposite of modern aero: that helps you go fast without crashing, this helps you crash while going fast :)

There's an apocryphal story about this car that the body shape produced lift at high speeds so I added the odd front wing as an attempt to reproduce that, I thought it'd be fun to give people the choice if they want to try it.

When I was first trying to add the lift the car would do a massive wheelie coming over the crest at old Donnington, made for some spectacular crashes. It's enjoyably challenging with that wing set, if you brake hard it brings the front back down but I generally prefer just to charge around like a loony doing four-wheel drifts around the corners so I leave it off.
Just a lift seemed to be enough in most places at Doni. At first I thought the brakes were really good but then I noticed how slow the car was going :roflmao: I had screen freeze issues the day I had a go but still enjoyed it, a real momentum car thanks to the gearing, had to get back on power somewhere near the 100m board :p

Last edited:
It's the opposite of modern aero: that helps you go fast without crashing, this helps you crash while going fast :)

There's an apocryphal story about this car that the body shape produced lift at high speeds so I added the odd front wing as an attempt to reproduce that, I thought it'd be fun to give people the choice if they want to try it.
Well... apocryphal or not, there is a real fun when a car made me step out of the gas on some high speed corners that I just flat with other cars lol

I really loved this car. I think that simulators neglect that racing era... and the Type-32 you made gave me a fell of "ancient" and dangerous. It's a shame that AC don't go too far on damage and weariness, but it still very fine as it is.

Cheers!

The suspensions on these kind of cars is difficult/impossible to replicate in our sims, so maybe there's a reason for it. Like I don't even know exactly how friction dampers would work.

There's a problem I noticed with this car; the anchor point for one of the exhaust flames is directly inside the cockpit right behind the steering wheel. So unless the driver getting a faceful of exhaust was a feature of this car, you may need to move it back in line with the exhaust pipes.

There's a problem I noticed with this car; the anchor point for one of the exhaust flames is directly inside the cockpit right behind the steering wheel. So unless the driver getting a faceful of exhaust was a feature of this car, you may need to move it back in line with the exhaust pipes.

That's backfire from the carburettors, it's probably far too overdone but I thought it was fun and it is based on accounts of what driving the car was like. Of course now that Shader Patch is adding exhaust smoke I might have to fit my driver with a gas mask ;).

+
That's backfire from the carburettors, it's probably far too overdone but I thought it was fun and it is based on accounts of what driving the car was like. Of course now that Shader Patch is adding exhaust smoke I might have to fit my driver with a gas mask ;).
Well... people used to get injured in this car... by this carburator. And all drivers used to end races with a "black face" because of fumes (and dirt roads). So, I think that the mod still accurate.

Nicecuppatea updated Bugatti type 32 with a new update entry:

Bugatti type 32 v1.2

This update is mainly to add more appropriate headgear and gloves to the driver model but I took the opportunity to fix and add a few things.

INSTALL NOTE: Content manager drag and drop seems to ignore the new driver skins when installing so if you want them you need to install the archive manually, extract it to your ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa folder rather than the cars folder. It all still works if you'd rather use CM, you just lose the helmet skins.

updates...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I still think this is an amazing car, fun to drive.
I also like the general sound, but (and that was the case in the previous version too) when lifting throttle the sound fades very quickly away. Don't know if that is intended but it sounds a bit strange, as if the engine stops running all of a sudden.

I still think this is an amazing car, fun to drive.
I also like the general sound, but (and that was the case in the previous version too) when lifting throttle the sound fades very quickly away. Don't know if that is intended but it sounds a bit strange, as if the engine stops running all of a sudden.

I did think I'd fixed that but I'll have a look and see if I can work out what's going on. Sound has always been the thing I'm least satisfied with on this car but it should work as intended at least, does it do it at different rpms or just one particular range?

That I don't know yet. I tested during a race, shifting at the dedicated shifting point ;)
I'll check and report.

Just did a quick test and going into neutral seems to kill the sound, I don't use a shifter so if the gear shifting works by going old gear-neutral-new gear that might be doing it. Not sure why the sound dies so quickly in neutral though.

Shifting early (low rpm) weakens the said effect. I tried alone on track now.
Shifting higher in revs makes it more clear. It happens right after the flame puff and obviously having other cars around you makes the own engine sound more difficult to hear.
I tried double clutching too, but that does not change the sound.
It's not that the revs drop too fast though, it's just the sound that strangly fades, which happens also (shortly) when lifting without gear change.
Anyway, it's not that big of an issue.

It could be that the backfire sound is too loud if it coincides with the flames, I've noticed sometimes that the overall sound gets sort of blown out if an individual sound is too loud.

Just had a thought about how to stop sounds fading too quickly but now I can't remember how you do it in FMOD :laugh: That's the trouble with doing it all yourself, you have to keep refreshing your memory on the more obscure bits. Will keep testing (and Googling FMOD tutorials ;)) though.

My photos of the "Tank" from the Schlumpf Collection in Mulhouse, France.

Schlumpf Collection 039.jpg
Schlumpf Collection 033.jpg

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 273 27.4%