Resource icon

Cars Bugatti type 32 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Nicecuppatea submitted a new resource:

Bugatti type 32 - The 'Tank de Tours', 1923

X433zEs.jpg

This is still a bit of a WIP but I feel like I could go on tinkering and polishing for months so here it is. It's drive-able and the model is mostly complete so I thought I'd release it for anyone who shares my fascination with this era.

Physics are largely guesswork, partly through lack of information, partly through lack of knowledge on my part. I went so far as ordering a back issue of 'The Automobile' from March, 1983 because it had an article...

Read more about this resource...

• Deleted member 223075

Not my cup of tea but why not :D

I'm not allowed to do Reviews, but I would just like to say a sincere 'thank you' for this mod. It's excellent and by far the best pre-war mod for AC out there. Not only does it look great, it's also very driveable. Please make more! If only someone could be persuaded to make more vintage tracks like the magnificent Donnington Park 1938. The GPLea Crystal Palace track is ripe for updating,,, or do I mean backdating?

Once again, many thanks. :thumbsup:

It's refreshing to see well-crafted mods like this from time to time. The car is very fun to drive, regardless of its slow speed and acceleration. The sounds are wonderful, even though I agree it could sound even better, meaner. Can't wait for additional cars from this era.

I'm not allowed to do Reviews, but I would just like to say a sincere 'thank you' for this mod. It's excellent and by far the best pre-war mod for AC out there. Not only does it look great, it's also very driveable. Please make more! If only someone could be persuaded to make more vintage tracks like the magnificent Donnington Park 1938. The GPLea Crystal Palace track is ripe for updating,,, or do I mean backdating?

Once again, many thanks. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words - and thanks to everyone else who's been so kind. Probably should say driveability is also thanks to Lord Kunos and co. as I used the front tyres from the Maserati 250f (with a few little changes). Did a lot of chopping and changing with the tyres but ultimately I thought it'd be better to use something by the experts rather than try to create something myself without really having the depth of knowledge needed to do it. Very pleasing to hear you say that though, I was trying for something twitchy and slidey and fun to drive so it's nice to hear you're enjoying it.

Completely agree it'd be nice to see more vintage tracks, Feldbergring is one of my favourites and there's a great Goodwood, classic Le Mans, Longford with its corners that jump out and surprise you. I'd love to see a legit version of historic Spa myself but it all comes down to modders having a passion for something and wanting to do it. Perhaps we should start posting alluring old photos of classic tracks, see if we can tempt someone :D

It's refreshing to see well-crafted mods like this from time to time. The car is very fun to drive, regardless of its slow speed and acceleration. The sounds are wonderful, even though I agree it could sound even better, meaner. Can't wait for additional cars from this era.

Thanks. I will have another bash at the sound, probably the most frustrating part of my modding experience so far as I tried a few times to give it a bit more bite and always ended up with something that sounded far worse than what I started with :redface:

Not my type of mod, but found it quite fun to drive. My nitpick is that there is a flame in the footwell of the car.

Yep, it's supposed to be a backfire coming out of the carburetor which I'm not at all sure is realistic but the Bob Sutherland quote talks about 'backfires lighting up the universe' and I couldn't work out what he meant other than that. Plus I thought it was fun, same with the horn.

I like the backfire in the engine area, it's a cool opportunity you don't have with 99,99% of cars due to the (lack of) firewall. Personally I edited the data and added a second flame, as only one of the two carburettors has a flame on the vanilla mod.

I like the backfire in the engine area, it's a cool opportunity you don't have with 99,99% of cars due to the (lack of) firewall. Personally I edited the data and added a second flame, as only one of the two carburettors has a flame on the vanilla mod.

I can't remember now (getting old:confused:) if I forgot to add the second one or maybe just thought it wouldn't be visible but I'll add that to the update list. Noticed a couple of things I missed or forgot to change so I'll put them in an update in a week or two.

I have made a start with the Sunbeam, picture is a render so it won't look quite so sharp in the game but it's starting to take shape.

w3eW2od.png

Difficulty with cars this old is finding detailed info and the Sunbeam seems to be the worst so far in that regard, the Bugatti and the Voisin both have modern replicas with lots of photos to look at for details but there's very little available for the Sunbeam.

Nicecuppatea updated Bugatti type 32 with a new update entry:

Bugatti type 32 1.1

Little update, mostly fixing little things that I missed or forgot to change before release. Added four more (basic) skins and did a little tinkering with the front suspension and the ai, nothing drastic. Raised the gear-change sound volume so it's a bit more noticeable.

I had another bash at giving the engine sound a bit more oomph but I still keep ending up with something that sounds far worse than what I've got so I'll keep trying but it's going to take a bit more FMOD study.

Here's a...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have made a start with the Sunbeam, picture is a render so it won't look quite so sharp in the game but it's starting to take shape.

w3eW2od.png

Difficulty with cars this old is finding detailed info and the Sunbeam seems to be the worst so far in that regard, the Bugatti and the Voisin both have modern replicas with lots of photos to look at for details but there's very little available for the Sunbeam.
Is this the car? https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/17258/lot/338/

Or maybe they have raced at Goodwood? I'm guessing you have checked things like that already but just throwing ideas out there :)

Is this the car? https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/17258/lot/338/

Or maybe they have raced at Goodwood? I'm guessing you have checked things like that already but just throwing ideas out there :)

That's the 1922 car, and there's a 1924 car still existing but no sign of the 1923 car. From what I've read the 23 car was almost a direct copy of the previous year's Fiat 804, Sunbeam paid its designers to leave Fiat and join them, so I thought maybe I could find pictures of that but it doesn't seem too common either. There's a few old pics but modern pics tend to be much sharper, higher resolution, makes it easier to see detail without going cross-eyed :sick:

At the moment I've got a bit of a Frankenstein car, it's mostly the 23 car with the 22's dash and bits of the 24's suspension because that's all I can find details on. I always think an imperfect something is better than a perfect nothing so I don't mind too much if that's the closest I can get but I'll keep searching and I'm grateful for any help if anyone finds something.

Last edited:
I dont really know cars of this era so I might end up posting the wrong thing but I will have a search and see if I can find some pictures of it :thumbsup:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 169 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 452 39.2%