BUG: no digital numbers on the car's LCD screens / display

sorry my bad english (google translator)
I didn't realize until just today ... the numbers of the gear change, speed, temps, etc ... etc that are on the LCD display screen of ALL the cars has disappeared.
(the motec has its "rpm bar" working)
their numbers ("digital" style) are missing, the screen is empty.

-NOT the hud of the game, I mean only the lcd car screens.
-Affects all cars (stock and mods)

terms:
-install and uninstall tons of mods, in these months ("I did and let them do me" ...). I really don't remember if this appeared there.

-install gtr2 ui 10th, fov defviewsGTR2 HDR 4k Skies, GTR2 HQ BRAKES, GTR2 HQ HEADLIGHTS, GTR2 HQ LENS FLARE, GTR2 HQ MARBLES, GTR2 HQ RAIN, GTR2 HQ TREAD, GTR2 MULTI-PATCHES, HQ AMBIENT SHACHE CUBE MAPS, HQ MOON & SUN, HQ SMOKES, HQ SPARK. map xd, 4gb patch, tracks and cars ...

things i did (and did NOT work):
- (OBIO) I press 1, 2, 3, 4 .... etc. but nothing.
(the motecs turn on, but only the rpm bar appears going up and down when I accelerate and brake, but without the numbers)
-press spacebar, and ENTER, .... nothing.

-run the "config" of the game, and make sure many times that this some resolution in 32 bits. then change and came back for something to be rewritten ... (typical of isi, f1C lcd display, ...)

last things:
-A few days ago, I wanted to move the xd plugin map to a better position on the screen, (you know ... enlarge it, shrink it, move it ...) but since I had forgotten the key combinations, intuitively press until I can remember.
(my idea is that I also ruined something related to the lcd of the cars)
-the last thing to modify in my gtr2 was to install the 4GB PATCH,
(This cannot reinstall the original exe, although if they have it as a backup) I do not know if it is related.
-Also I install and uninstall almost daily, tracks and cars .... but this problem is global to all of them.
-the cars mods: just install group c, grid gt, kbb gt3. I remember that in ALL, the screens worked perfectly.

-I have never used any compatibility mod (neither in gtr2, nor f1c, nor anything): they always worked wonderfully. in W10.

sorry my bad english (google translator)
thanks for reading and helping.

Last edited:
10/10. 5 stars. chicken for dinner. THAT was the solution.
THANK YOU very much jempy.:)

so that it is registered I will copy the solution to my problem here
so anyone who searches finds it.

(from gtr233 user):

1) First open your "my documents" folder and check if a gtr2 folder has been created there, if it is the case then delete it!
(since windows vista, gtr2 will create a setting folder there if you forgot to set winXP / Admin rights on EXE)

2) Now you absolutely need to right click on all EXE (gtr2.exe, gtr2config.exe, etc ...) in order to enable 2 things:
- windows XP sp2 compatibility mode (you can also try win7)
- check administrator rights

3) Then reset gtr2config.exe with any 32bits resolution and not 16bits as alex said (1980 * 1024 * 32), choose dx9 shaders and DO NOT check AA / AF (do that in your nvidia / amd setup).

4) run gtr2.exe and check ...

5) if lcd still doesn't show up then check key assignment in menu: Motec can be disabled / enabled (lcd off / on), but by default the key is not mapped if I recall ... try to hit "M" key in case ...
-------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------

now come the questions:
- How come this didn't happen before, if I didn't touch anything before, and I didn't need it? (never use any kind of compatibility in W10, in any gmotor game).
-as mentioned in a comment in THAT thread, moving the camera solves the problem ... according to that comment.
I would spend it moving the camera every so often .... what should it happen?

thanks gtr233, thanks jempy. you are examples of how to collaborate in the community.

I wish there was a "library" for f1c, gtr2, rf1. Each of these games have their little bugs and peculiarities that are later very difficult to find because (unfortunately) they all take it for granted, they know it, but over the years these answers are lost in the consultation forums. also that these games get older and older and in my case I just discovered them. Finding the answers is more and more difficult (sometimes I find the answers to f1 challenge 99-02 in consultation forums of more than 15 years ago !!!) (sometimes I read the great and spectacular of some mods for f1c, but for the As time goes by they are no longer available, and then I arrive feeling that I missed the party:cry:)
... that's why every time I find the solution to a bug, particularity, or a new key assignment, I LEAVE IT WRITTEN IN A "BITACORA" (.txt) next to the game installer (on the dvd) . Every time I have a problem, I just have to consult it.

again, thanks for the help.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing