BUG: Constantly flashing headlights

Hi,
Today, when starting any race with any car, the Headlights are constantly flashing.

I can get them to stop by turning the lights on, exiting the pits, then turning them off, however, somthing is still flashing, as if I have any rain effects, the droplets still light up as if the lights are flashing.

If I press an assigned button to specifically flash the lights, it begins to flash more, in a sort of interfearence pattern.

I've not had the game long, and this morning I installed several mod tracks:
Barbagallo_Release_V1.2_RD
longford_67_V1.01
doningtonpark2018_2.02
bridgehampton_2.0
and an HD_Damaged_Glass mod.

I've had CM and Sol 1.5.1, as well as the Shutoko Revival Project, both map and cars, but these were working fine yesterday.

I don't know if it's related, but in the base game, I couldn't get my G29's pov buttons to work at all. With CM, I assigned glance directions to it, but in game it opens up a menu (I'm not sure what menu, I'm afraid, I'm still new to this!) Could there be an input conflict of some kind? I had to invert the pedals, both in CM and the base game, and if I switch launcher, it seems to sometimes forget axis assignments.

As I mentioned, I'm using a G29 without shifter.
For some ridiculous reason windows won't let me copy my system specs - and I'm very tired - but I've got a 4 core 3.5Ghz i5 thing and an Nvidia GeForce GTX 960. Windows 10.

I've validated the install through steam and it replaced 1 file, but the issue remained.

I havn't reinstalled yet, I might tomorrow if I can't resolve it.

Sorry if I come across as ratty - I've had a long day of frustration and had my relaxing drive at the end denied...

Any help much appreciated!

Ed

P.S. I tried to post this in the Kunos AC forums, but needed to create an account to do so. Apparently I have "Insufficient Privilages to Post Here" ... seriously, wtf? It's a bug report. Anyway.

Oh, and Hello! This is my first post here! Thankyou for allowing me to! lol

I'm going to bed now - will check back when I get up!

Cheers

Hello again,
So I've tested a few other cars, and it only seems to happen with GT3 cars. I did read somewhere that there was a glitch where AI headlights would always be flashing (and I watched a video by Jimmy Broadbent from a short time ago, where, in the pits, all the other cars' headlights were flashing, but his weren't) could it be related?

As for the flashing reflecting off rain effects, I think that might be a separate issue. On looking closer, it seems that the whole effect is blinking in and out of view, on any car. I might try loading a different version of Sol and see if it's still happening.

Best,

Ed

I'll keep updating this in case anyone else is having similar issues.

So, the rain reflections is a bug in the later versions of Sol. I switched to the recomended version (1.4.6 atm) and the reflection blinking went away.

The GT3 headlights are still constantly flashing in the pits, however, and assigning a button to flash headlights manually doesn't seem to do anything.

As mentioned above, I can get the lights to stop flashing once out on track, so it's not a game breaker, but is still quite puzzling.

Best,

Ed

I have this issue with all cars in AC. Mine happened in LA canyons in the ferarri 599 and crashed. when i respawned in the pits, the blue light on dash was flashing and head lights were too.
The L key would turn on the green light (headlights) and off, but the mystery flash would still happen.

After renaming/deleting the AC folder in steamapps and documents\ac, I can reinstall AC via steam and the cars are fine.

Reinstall SOL - fine
SRP - main or car pack / CSP is where I've got mine specifically narrowed down to.

PIcking back up later on this, I'll narrow down which it is.

SRP - main or car pack / CSP is where I've got mine specifically narrowed down to.

PIcking back up later on this, I'll narrow down which it is.

Per game's behaviour, lights on certain cars (GT3 etc) will flash automatically if you are in pits, or if you use "flash" button ("flash" by vanilla AC). but it will also flash when you use "high beam" button that you can map in CSP settings - check if those are separated and make sure pits or high beam button is not triggering it for you by mistake.

if it happens with normal cars aswell, then it defo is a bug, never seen this behaviour unless its on specific class of cars.

GUYS, You have big main bulbs in your race cars headlights and tiny ones, the tiny ones will flash until you turn your headlights on. this is a a security function of certain race cars so you dont forget to turn your lights on. It's not even a bug...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back