Isaac Chavira

Livery Designer
[SOLVED] The issue was caused by a missing .dll

D3DCOMPLILER_43.DLL

• Download and Install Direct X
  • Restart the Computer
  • Run Steam
  • Run Assetto Corsa
  • It will try and do a first time update and re-install Direct X. Don't let it, 'X' out.
  • Assetto Corsa will open up shortly afterward (5sec)
  • Now it works

======================ORIGINAL ISSUE====================

So,

My PC took a crap this afternoon after IMSA GT3 race at Laguna. All of my skin files that I created for all of you are now gone forever. So, I went out and bought all new PC parts, water-cooled this time. Just got it all built up and running.

I installed Assetto Corsa and ran it up. I picked the BMW M4 and then the Red Bull Ring. The loading screen comes up as if it's waiting for the car and track to load. Then it goes right back to the selection screen for the car and track.

I doubt this is a Windows 10 issue since that is what I had on my old PC. I check my resolution and it is 1920 x 1080 like it's supposed to be. I even tried the 'Force 32-Bit' check box in the 'General Settings'.

Please help.

Last edited:
Are the Documents/Assetto Corsa new or did you make a copy of your previous ones and reinstalled on your new PC ?
In the 2nd case, you might try renaming your "Documents/Assetto Corsa" folder into "Documents/Assetto Corsa bak" for example, start the game and just select your screen resolution and let the game create a new Documents/Assetto Corsa folder.

Afterwards, just copy your own controller settings from the bak folder into this new folder and try the game .... in order to check it's running fine.
If it's working .... you'll just have afterwards to copy progressively the most important files from your bak folder into the new one and try the game step by step ....
Not too much copy at a time before testing .... so that if there was a problem in your previous own documents ... you'll know from where the problem came.

NB: in order not to begin everything from the start if you discover a problem when copying some previous settings .... before starting to copy save a copy of the new Documents/Assetto Corsa folder if the game is fully working.

Are the Documents/Assetto Corsa new or did you make a copy of your previous ones and reinstalled on your new PC ?
No this is a brand new PC with all new components. It was a fresh install of Assetto Corsa. No old files were used.

For some reason, it keep installing it as if it were never un-installed. I think I need to delete some registry keys or something.

Apparently this problem is not limited only to me. And has been happening to people with W10 x64 after AC updates.

Even if I'm not sure I could find the reason of the problem by looking at your log files after this game crash.... I think that the best way to find a solution to your problem should be to attach here your log files.

If I cannot find the reason ... maybe someone else might ! ;) .... else it'll be necessary to ask at the AC official forum the reason of your problem ( logs necessary for them also ).

[SOLVED] The issue was caused by a missing .dll

D3DCOMPLILER_43.DLL

• Download and Install Direct X
  • Restart the Computer
  • Run Steam
  • Run Assetto Corsa
  • It will try and do a first time update and re-install Direct X. Don't let it, 'X' out.
  • Assetto Corsa will open up shortly afterward (5sec)
  • Now it works

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 236 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 8.0%
  • < 5 years