Budget racing cockpit

Hello guys :)
I arranged my room completely new and now I have some space left I want to fill with a entry Sim racing rig. I looked up Youtube and saw a couple of DIY ones, but I'm not a person who can do stuff like that. I have two left hands in that regard lol.

I saw a couple of budget options, mainly the Playseat Challenge, but this one has no shifter plate, the RC500 from Nacon, and a relatively cheap looking one from Amazon, FK Automotive is the manufacturer iirc.
I was kind of drawn towards the Nacon, but I couldnt find any reviews.

You guys have any tips? Something budget, dont really want to go above 400 Euros of possible. I'm still in scholarship and unemployed after it in August because I have to get shoulder surgery -_- :(

Thanks in advance guys :)

You can look up videos on YT, check for plans online and do some measurements yourself. Find a retailer and deal direct with then to save money on the raw materials.
I'm looking at doing it here in Malaysia and the savings are pretty staggering.
I have some basic ideas of cockpit measurements etc. But still not pulled the plug yet...

Upvote 0
Thanks for the advices guys. I'll look into that. Needs time though, i dont think you can get those aluminum profiles in your normal home depot in germany.
If you're in Germany order from https://www.motedis.com/shop/, they're based in your country and super cheap. If you don't feel like designing a rig yourself they also sell this one that just needs assembly: https://www.motedis.com/shop/Friend...rmann/Simracing-Rig-S-Dream-085654::7397.html and some junkyard seat thrown onto it.

Upvote 0
After a couple of days thinking and trying to juggle thoughts and money, i will take either one of those options:
1. Get a Playseat Alcantara with Shifter Holder and stuff
2. Building one myself. I am on vacation the whole august at my mums place and my step dad is a master of carpenting. He knows how to handle wood and build stuff out of it. We had a lot of beautiful, self made furniture back in the day. Maybe i'll built one with him, gotta ask him tho :D

Thanks for your ideas guys. If we should built it ourselfes, i ofc will make pictures :D
Best regards from southern germany :)

Upvote 0
After a couple of days thinking and trying to juggle thoughts and money, i will take either one of those options:
1. Get a Playseat Alcantara with Shifter Holder and stuff
2. Building one myself. I am on vacation the whole august at my mums place and my step dad is a master of carpenting. He knows how to handle wood and build stuff out of it. We had a lot of beautiful, self made furniture back in the day. Maybe i'll built one with him, gotta ask him tho :D

Thanks for your ideas guys. If we should built it ourselfes, i ofc will make pictures :D
Best regards from southern germany :)

This is the best, cheap, finished product out there:
https://simetik.com/web/product/k2-cockpit/

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%