Budget gMotor 2.0 tower

I make this thread mainly as someone asked how my new everyday PC runs GTR2 at 1440p
At the time I had problem replicating best FPS I had previously seen
I was using Process Lasso rather then RunAff I have always used
Returning to RunAff did the trick and results staggered me

Max settings, 2560 ( dynamic res) 2EQx 16x ............ 120fps+ solid :confused:
FRAPS 5 minutes / 3 laps
2019-12-22 17:56:38 - GTR2 Frames: 39625 - Time: 300000ms - Avg: 132.083 - Min: 110 - Max: 163 :coffee:
Look how smooth it is, not a jag, I can't get Nvidia to look this good, no flickering either

GTR2 2019-12-23 10-11-46-37.jpg

GTR2 2019-12-23 10-13-45-93.jpg

GTR2 2019-12-23 10-13-50-06.jpg

radeon01.jpg

radeon02.jpg

SETTINGS: CPU 4.1GHGz all cores - VEGA8 1800MHz ( 1250MHz stock )
Runaff enabled all cores
350US TOWER 01 MASTER 4.1GHz.jpg

516AU - 356US - 322EU - 275GBP ...what awesome bang for buck :)

NOTE: That is example of cheapest 3200G build, I spent a bit more on case\psu, storage, motherboard and memory however performance difference would be barely anything if at all

350US-500AU tower for GTL-GTR2-PnG-Race07.jpg

Attachments

• 350US-500AU tower for GTL-GTR2-PnG-Race07.jpg
    350US-500AU tower for GTL-GTR2-PnG-Race07.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 183
  • 350US TOWER 01 MASTER 4.1GHz.jpg
    350US TOWER 01 MASTER 4.1GHz.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 191
  • GTR2 2019-12-23 10-13-22-58.jpg
    GTR2 2019-12-23 10-13-22-58.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 186
  • GTR2 2019-12-23 10-13-45-93.jpg
    GTR2 2019-12-23 10-13-45-93.jpg
    304.2 KB · Views: 221
Here is 4K with Anniversary mods installed as you see , GTR2 settings max
60 FPS after start still no hiccups stutter freeze running very nice

GTR2 SETTINBGS.jpg

GTR2 2020-01-08 20-46-18-57.jpg

You know a GTX1060 mini still sells for $300AU $220US here
I know I said S/H but I meant what it cost then not now lol ;)

P.S. still have to edit config.ini mods for map and XD position is why they both up top and way too small

Love how GTR2 looks with radeon

Last edited:
my harware specs are
i5 3550
12GB RAM
GTX1060Mini
Well that is 'Mucho" over $150 more like +$500 :)
For a lot of guys here your setup are much closer to a high end system than low end!
You system can run pretty much all modern sim's too.

in all my test i did not use SETAFFINITY or any other tricks
Not really a trick.
Do use CPU Affinity with a I5, 4 core it will close to double the fps and run a lot more smooth.
I had the best results setting core 2 and 3 to Gtr2.exe and priority to high while letting Windows scheduler use core 0 and 1 as it seams fit.

You can get slightly more fps using all cores but I felt my system (i5 2500k and GTX 970) ran more smooth with letting windows manage core 0 and 1.

Since new Adrenalin 2020 Editions the AA and AF doesn't work here whereas the ingame config-settings do.
Affected are GTR2, GTL, P&G n Race07 - all running in administrator mode. Automobilista running within Steam do show AA settings from the Radeon software but AF takes effect from ingame config. only.

Always had that working via AMD GPU n software and just recently changed from RX580 to RX5700 and the actual driver. No clue :(

• Deleted member 13397

p.s.
Well that is 'Mucho" over $150 more like +$500 :)
For a lot of guys here your setup are much closer to a high end system than low end!
You system can run pretty much all modern sim's too.

i understand that the used stuff prices may be different,
but i bought the office DELL with i5 / 8GB for 70EURO and
the GTX1060mini for 90EURO
the extra RAM i had from my old computer
and put it in my old tower

but i must admit, that i understand Durge point about high frame rates, as it makes you for some reasons a better driver

Since new Adrenalin 2020 Editions the AA and AF doesn't work here

If you are having serious issues with the 2020 Edition Radeon drivers as many are, I would suggest rolling back to the last WHQL driver from i think was October.

Rather than uninstalling via the control panel, use AMD's Clean up utility. It should thoroughly remove all traces of gpu driver (only).

Then go to Amd's driver page and find the latest drivers for your gpu. If you scroll down the page till, on the left hand side, you see the words "Knowledge Base" in bold. Just above, highlighted in tiny blue writing you will see "Previous Drivers". Click and find the last WHQL driver for your card, then wait for something better.

It's been the same for the last couple of years. They rush the big update in time for Christmas and break a bunch of things just in time for the holiday. They are aware of the issues and fixes will come.

p.s.2:
i tried the other way around, by droping car number to 22, i was able to run GTR2 on 4K stable over 110 frames max was 130 frames
together with the frame rate also the power usage jump to 160W (w/o monitor some 130W)

in all my test i did not use SETAFFINITY or any other tricks
With that GPU it is the CPU that is holding you back. Durge OC to 4.1 is really good and what is setting it appart. Your GPU will hold better in higher resolutions.

I built a system like this for a friend and they are impressive. Though against my every recommendation he went for the 2400G instead of the 2200... waste of money once overclocked.

He doesn't sim race but the witcher 3 with a mix of high/med/low settings runs 1080p locked. He basically has the horsepower of a beefed up PS4.

If you are having serious issues with the 2020 Edition Radeon drivers as many are, I would suggest rolling back to the last WHQL driver from i think was October.

Rather than uninstalling via the control panel, use AMD's Clean up utility. It should thoroughly remove all traces of gpu driver (only).

Then go to Amd's driver page and find the latest drivers for your gpu. If you scroll down the page till, on the left hand side, you see the words "Knowledge Base" in bold. Just above, highlighted in tiny blue writing you will see "Previous Drivers". Click and find the last WHQL driver for your card, then wait for something better.

It's been the same for the last couple of years. They rush the big update in time for Christmas and break a bunch of things just in time for the holiday. They are aware of the issues and fixes will come.

Thanks Mate,

done that but no change. Might be the RX5700 series are no longer able to handle such tweaks? Ingame's AA do work but the whole display of textures are kind of rough n sparkly.
A pity as AMD GPUs display ISI games much nicer than Nvidia to my eyes.

s this for discrete cards only Bjarne ?

I see no changes with 3200G, might have to put my glasses on p
No just what the other guys wrote about.
Got an AMD HD 7870 and can't get a nice display in Gtr2! Got flicker! while a Dx9 golf sim program looks really good.
If you had the flickers that I have you would see it even without glasses ;)
But good to know that the 3200g doesn't have an issue.

I think I agree with some here:
You don't need a sophisticated PC to play gtr2.
My PC:
Intel i5 3.4ghz (turbo boost 3.8)
ONBOARD graphics (old intel hd)

game in "medium-low" graphics, with many mods, activated water reflections, etc. in medium-low:
90-120 fps.
The problem here in South America is the temperature.

I don't use ANY kind of software to take advantage of all the cores (process lassos, etc.) and it still works great.
I also don't use v-sync, no antialiasing of any kind. Everything is almost medium-low.
only 20 cars IA...and I still enjoy it more than anyone
yes, forget Asetto Corsa Competicione, or another without modern racing, with my config.

ah may be because I still using 19 series driver ...doh
I will try 20 series
Don't change if it works :)
Well I would actual like to know.
sorry, someone explains to me about dx9, will he die soon?
No it will not! I am sure AMD, Nvidia and MS would like to see it gone but it is really well supported on Linux
And people would switch back to Windows 7 or 8.1 if they tried to kill it on Win 10
I don't use ANY kind of software to take advantage of all the cores (process lassos, etc.) and it still works great.
You should as you will see nearly a doubling of the fps and Gtr2 looks a lot better with high /max graphics settings and also part of FFB fr update rates depend on fps so higher fps, higher update rates.

I think I agree with some here:
You don't need a sophisticated PC to play gtr2.
8)
ONBOARD graphics (old intel hd)

game in "medium-low" graphics, with many mods, activated water reflections, etc. in medium-low:
90-120 fps.
The problem here in South America is the temperature.

I also don't use v-sync, no antialiasing of any kind. Everything is almost medium-low.
only 20 cars IA...and I still enjoy it more than anyone

My PC:
Intel i5 3.4ghz (turbo boost 3.
yes, forget Asetto Corsa Competicione, or another without modern racing, with my config.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 129 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 100 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 67 6.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 135 13.8%