Budget Dorm Room Suggestions

Hello, fellow simracers, first of all, pardon my English but I am not a native speaker.

So, my situation is a bit complicated, I am Italian and used to drive on a Fanatec Turbo S+CSR elite pedals+Fanatec wheel stand that I bought all used. Now, I live in Poland in a dorm room and am missing simracing enough to start looking for another rig. I have 300, 350 euro max to spend on this and this gives me a few options.

• New G29 for 220€ with warranty. (would probably be a downgrade from my old setup)

• New TMX PRO for 220€ with warranty(includes t3pa but the wheel is similar to g29)

• New t300rs Gt edition for 340€ with warranty. (sounds reasonable, I dislike the smaller rim though)

• Used T300 Alcantara fro €330 (allegedly good as new but something sounds fishy with only a 6-month warranty ending in January. Would probably be a nice step up in terms of the wheel and I might get to test it before buying)

• Import stuff from German eBay:
    • Fanatec Turbo S+Clubsport Pedals+H&Sequential Shifter at 270 including shipping

• Fanatec GT2+CSR Elite Pedals at 230 including shipping
I have contacted other sellers but haven't got satisfying responses yet, so for now, these are my options.

Now, I know what a Turbo S feels like and I liked it enough, however, my old CSR pedals were nice but very used up so I'm skeptical about buying those used. Ho do the old Fanatec wheels(Turbos S/GT2/GT3RSV2) compare to the t300? How about the pedals, would the t3pa's be a step down from CSR Elites?

Ultimately, what would you buy?

I have a Turbo S with shifter for sale for €50 plus shipping (approx €90 total to Italy id say) if you were interested. Its the only wheel I have ever driven on and to be fair it didn't get much use. I have a new rig now and waiting on V2.5 to come so I cant help with any advice.

Upvote 0
The CSR Elite is a beast, I bought mine new in 2012 it's still flawless today.
But they are rare to find in good shape.

I'm from the states but 350 euro is about $400 USD correct?
That's enough for a new CSL elite wheel although of course no pedals. Thrustmaster t3pas are cheap now, and can be used with a $10 adapter.

I know there's good used out there, I'm just cautious of ANY used electronics and always recommend buy new, get that warranty for piece of mind.

At the end of the day, the $100 you save buying used is all for not if the unit fails 6 months later. And to be honest, look at Fanatec kit the stuff holds it's value and many pay close to new prices on gear that's a year old.
A year is a long time for an electric motor that probably was used daily.
Buy new.

Upvote 0
No, unfortunately, the CSL elite with the cheapest rim and no pedals is 420€. I'd love to buy new as well but if you've been a student as well, you know that budget is not very flexible. 300-350 is a big expense for me already.

Upvote 0
Ultimately I think it comes down to T300 alcantara vs old Fanatec wheels for my budget. Still waiting for suggestion but on thursday I'll be trying out the t300 from a local seller. Any issues to look out for other than maybe worn alcantara?

Upvote 0
Ultimately I think it comes down to T300 alcantara vs old Fanatec wheels for my budget. Still waiting for suggestion but on thursday I'll be trying out the t300 from a local seller. Any issues to look out for other than maybe worn alcantara?
Just make sure it doesn't make funny sounds or feel slack. If it falls through, I'd still recommend a G920/G29/G27 with different pedals or a cheap brake mod. Then you will have budget for a wheelstand type rig

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%
  • < 5 years