bucket seat for bigger people.

Hello, hope you are having a good day. I have a DXRacer chair fitted to my P1-X and I'm slowly realizing it's not the best option comfort-wise for long sessions, and I'm currently looking for a bucket seat to fit my rig, but it seems most of the options for bigger people like me are wicked expensive (600+ USD) and I can't seem to find some budget options (under 350 USD). also, I'm looking for one that is compatible with seat sliders and side brackets so I can adjust the seat position with ease. thanks.

I could be slightly incorrect but I don't think you want your entire waist measurement. Only from outer hip to hip. Allow for some buffer space then you will want and outside thigh to thigh (just above knee) and shoulder measurement.

Upvote 0
I had a similar problem and ended up with aching hips. I just ended up buying a recliner seat from a wreckers for $120 AUD and it is so much more comfortable than a racing seat and no issues in the hip width area.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I had similar pro lens and ended up with aching hips. I just ended up buying a recliner seat from a wreckers for $120 AUD and it is so much more comfortable than a racing seat and no issues in the hip width area.
I was in a similar position and also went the reclaimed route, but instead with a car seat from a Porsche Cayenne. Only cost me £38 and it's so much more comfy than my old racing seat. Even got the electrics working for adjustment.

Upvote 0
If you really want a bucket seat I fear you´ll have to compromise in the looks/comfort/price department.

Most simracers use the RACING Seat for style.
On a stationary rig theres no need for a tightfitting containment seat which is developed to protect a racing driver, not offer comfort to a simracer.

Even a fixed back seat is mostly unnecessary if you don´t have an extremely stiff brake pedal.

So as the others above i suggest you look into an used passenger seat of a premium car.
They tend to be well designed, stiff enough and most probably much more comfortable than a racing seat.

Most of the times the mounting is a bit more challenging because they often don´t have a symmetric console but there are many examples how to deal with that in this forum alone.
Probably some fabrication is required.

If I were you I´d stay away from a leather seat ( which is more difficult in the premium sector) but we "bigger guys tend to run quite hot" which turns ugly fast on a leather or vinyl seat.

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0
I was really big when I first built my rig and had the same issue with racer seats. I ended up buying a seat pulled from a Ford F-250, it was extremely easy to adapt to my 80/20 rig (required just one hole to be drilled) it has recline with manual rails so easy to adjust when my wife wants to drive. It provides great support, stable and comfortable for hours (not pretty, but who cares). I think I paid $100 for it.

IMG_3497.jpg

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back