AC BTCC Winter Testing @ Oran Park - Sunday 13th November 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Anyone VR folk know how to get rid of half the track being 7am dark and the rest bright midday, when you set shadows in content manager AC video setting to off?

When I turn on low res shadows i have the far less annoying flickering low res shadows everywhere, that cause some fps drop. On the likes of this track (and alot of others) the fps drop of these shadows is enough to give a bit of tiny stutter.

Last edited:
1668344681972.png

Server is configured for this evening.

Some spare cars for anyone who wants to join us (or swap)!
Please post in the thread if you do.

3 BMW
2 Nissan
1 Volvo

See you all on track later :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Anyone VR folk know how to get rid of half the track being 7am dark and the rest bright midday, when you set shadows in content manager AC video setting to off?

When I turn on low res shadows i have the far less annoying flickering low res shadows everywhere, that cause some fps drop. On the likes of this track (and alot of others) the fps drop of these shadows is enough to give a bit of tiny stutter.
This is interesting - I use single screen but for some reason when offline the shadows are crazy, as though the sun is on the horizon, though I have it set at mid day. Tracks such as Fat Alfie's with lots of trees make it really distracting. No idea how to turn then down/off :unsure:

This is interesting - I use single screen but for some reason when offline the shadows are crazy, as though the sun is on the horizon, though I have it set at mid day. Tracks such as Fat Alfie's with lots of trees make it really distracting. No idea how to turn then down/off :unsure:

Not sure what is casting these shadows. On such an open track as this or thruxton it looks especially odd. Might try some trial and error messing with the PP (SOL at the moment).

If you turn shadows off completely it is better, closer to midday summer sun, but for me now a portion of the track ends up in near darkness...

Last edited:
Not sure what is casting these shadows. On such an open track as this or thruxton it looks especially odd. Might try some trial and error messing with the PP (SOL at the moment).

If you turn shadows off completely it is better, closer to midday summer sun, but for me now a portion of the track ends up in near darkness...
Thanks for that Brian, just turned shadows off and it's 100% better :thumbsup:

I haven't tried Volvo, but in the few laps I've driven the BMW it's by far easier than Primera, which is really fun but very tricky if you want to be competitive without having a lot of time to practice+make a setup. If you drive it alone, it's great because the way of using traction with it is very peculiar.

I've felt almost comfortable with my final setup. If we had done qualy again, I'm sure I would have improved by half a second at least. I'm not expert on setups, but I've softened rear antirollbar, increased diff coast and adjust the suspension (if I recall right, increasing front bumps and lowering rear ones). If somebody wanted to try it, I'd upload it here. Let me know ;)
Primera's consumption: 40 litres/22 laps. Soft tyres start to be bad after 20 mins.

A new championship soon with these cars would be great.

Last edited:
Sorry again for that bump into T1 Race 1 John. Got caught out a little by your braking and didn't give myself any run off, then I saw only orange :( Had a good race after that chasing up the field behind you though :thumbsup:

2nd race was great. Chased John and Patrick around, giving us all the manufactures up front fighting. I can see the appeal these cars & series had in real life :)

They're hard work and if you're off by a little, you're off by a lot, but when you get in the zone :inlove:

Good racing everyone. Congrats on that win Patrick :thumbsup:

Count me in anytime you run these Brian.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back