rF2 BTCC NGTC @ Oulton Park - Fri 05 July 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
What kind of steeringwheel you guys tested this mod with? Was my quastion, not if i wanted to be signed out.

Well I notice you have now edited your post...I certainly did not like the tone of the original post.

I replied to your thread at 12:08 you edited your post at 12:22

Original post - "Did the organisers tried these cars before this event was planned?"

Edited post - "What kind of steering wheel you guys tested this mod with?"

I can assure you a lot of time goes into these events, which every staff member does voluntary and yes we test them.

We will never please everybody, but we try..

I happen to like this mod with many thousands of others.

No the mod was not tested with a DD wheel, I can not afford one on disability benefits.

I am not against peoples opinion, some will like some will not. But please do not complain about this mod in public, there are several members of the said modding team on this forum, they have been working on this mod for several years and guess what, they do not charge a penny for it...ok it is not to your liking, maybe nobody in the modding team has a DD wheel either?

Just do not sign up for the event, or sign out ..is that not the easier way ...then you do not upset anybody.

These cars have such crappy FFB..
Any wheelspin under throttle results in 0% FFB force (less friction than ice skating) untill they retain grip again and come back to normal. But it comes back to normal ffb levels like a on/off switch.
Driving with a big Mige here. Anybody else tried this with a DD wheel?

What kind of steeringwheel you guys tested this mod with?
I'm on small Mige, i'm going to test the cars on Friday 1 h or 2 h before the event, i'll tell you then.

@Craig Dunkley Calm yourself down, the dude literally asked one stupid question which he corrected. No need to block off fellow supporter.

Last edited:
I'm on small Mige, i'm going to test the cars on Friday 1 h or 2 h before the event, i'll tell you then.

@Craig Dunkley Calm yourself down, the dude literally asked one stupid question which he corrected. No need to block off fellow supporter.
Was reading in to it to see if other people had problems wit it, seems Logitech users also reported the same issue. FFb that almost seem to switch off as soon as grip is lost.

Maybe putting a lot of artifical friction on could help, really want to like these cars.

I typed the message about "did you test" and within a minute i corrected it to something more contructive, pushed enter bit faster than needed to.
But still got this rude comment long after i corrected my post. ;)

Was reading in to it to see if other people had problems wit it, seems Logitech users also reported the same issue. FFb that almost seem to switch off as soon as grip is lost.

Well it was the stupid question that fired me up ...of course we test the cars. We have raced these cars at RD many times before.

I have not used the GT3 or the GTE this week for a very good reason, I have heard nothing back from 397, about what happened at the Le Mans event, this really did concern me, you may be aware of it or not.

The worst part about these cars is the FBB, but we have to remember a couple of them are FWD so do behave oddly to inputs. I turn my FFB low when I use these cars, there are two of them that are very drivable and fun can be had. Test them all. With a DD wheel I guess the issue is emphasized by 50% or more and there lies the issue I guess.

@Richard Hessels ..I assumed you wanted out of the event? ..if you want in then let me know and of course I will add you.

Drivers ..we need a least ten (10) drivers for this event to go official, we currently have six drivers, (2 of which are staff members)

I will call it (cancel) this event on 05/07/2019 AM if required ..this will give you all time to make other arrangements.

I will of course message the drivers that have signed up already, if required to do so.

Well it was the stupid question that fired me up ...of course we test the cars. We have raced these cars at RD many times before.

I have not used the GT3 or the GTE this week for a very good reason, I have heard nothing back from 397, about what happened at the Le Mans event, this really did concern me, you may be aware of it or not.

The worst part about these cars is the FBB, but we have to remember a couple of them are FWD so do behave oddly to inputs. I turn my FFB low when I use these cars, there are two of them that are very drivable and fun can be had. Test them all. With a DD wheel I guess the issue is emphasized by 50% or more and there lies the issue I guess.

@Richard Hessels ..I assumed you wanted out of the event? ..if you want in then let me know and of course I will add you.
i do some more testing with the FFB settings. i let you know.

last weeks summersale made a mess of the steam servers.
they got floaded with downloads.
pages would not load or only partially.
thats probably why my downloads went rogue.
today got proper updates again without me having to force them one by one.

@Craig Dunkley cheeky bugger with 'yer "haha":cautious: Though having seen the thread now, if you need one more sign me up buddy.:thumbsup:

You know I don't use rf2 (but wish I had the time to learn it) so will form a solid back end:p I'll be asking daft questions, like, "why doesn't it matter which year car you use, didn't they get faster?!", "will 45mins mean more than 4 pit stops for tyres", "are they all front wheel drive" and "what's understeer":p:D

@Craig Dunkley cheeky bugger with 'yer "haha":cautious: Though having seen the thread now, if you need one more sign me up buddy.:thumbsup:

You know I don't use rf2 (but wish I had the time to learn it) so will form a solid back end:p I'll be asking daft questions, like, "why doesn't it matter which year car you use, didn't they get faster?!", "will 45mins mean more than 4 pit stops for tyres", "are they all front wheel drive" and "what's understeer":p:D

I will put you on the subs bench for now John, because we need at least another 5 sign ups and that looks very doubtful right now, but thanks for your support :thumbsup: Honestly though, when the new UI is released, you should use the sim, I love RF2 and I think you would also, but right now, you have to battle your way through its quirks..it is not a plug and play sim atm. I do believe bigs things are on the horizon though.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.9%