AC BTCC | Monday Night Events with Assetto Corsa

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
RD_BTCC.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club. In this SGP series we will be switching it up and taking 90s BTCC cars around some classic British tracks. Starting with Thruxton then on to Brands Hatch, Donnington and Silverstone. This means that we'll have a month more of competition with not commitment as you can sign up separately for each round.

Due to popular demand we are shortening out practice sessions to allow people to sign up closer to the event while still giving people a while to get used to the track.
These cars are really different to drive and really fun, I wish there were more super tourers available! So feel free to hop in the Discord chat and have a fun and clean race.

All premium members can sign up for this event and slots are limited so make sure to tag a friend! This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!

Format
  • 18:00 UTC | Practice (30 min)
  • 19:00 UTC | Qualification (10min)
  • 19:10 UTC | Race (30 min)

Last edited:
I haven't had time to test honestly, but If I get some time or some confirmation that they are competitive I will add it!
Gareth,

I did a few laps in the BMW and the Volvo on Thruxton without really optimizing the setup (I'm not good at it, only tyres and fuel and some ARB rear for the Volvo) but the laptimes were within 0,5 seconds of eachother.

View attachment 497046
Welcome to the RD Racing Club. In this SGP series we will be switching it up and taking 90s BTCC cars around some classic British tracks. Starting with Thruxton then on to Brands Hatch, Donnington and Silverstone. This means that we'll have a month more of competition with not commitment as you can sign up separately for each round.

Due to popular demand we are shortening out practice sessions to allow people to sign up closer to the event while still giving people a while to get used to the track.
These cars are really different to drive and really fun, I wish there were more super tourers available! So feel free to hop in the Discord chat and have a fun and clean race.

All premium members can sign up for this event and slots are limited so make sure to tag a friend! This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!

Format
  • 18:00 UTC | Practice (30 min)
  • 19:00 UTC | Qualification (10min)
  • 19:10 UTC | Race (30 min)
Hello,
I've registered through Steam but not sure if it has used my real name or my Steam online name. Let me know if I need to register again. Thanks.

Thanks. Maybe I've registered on S.GP with my online name instead of my real name? I'll check. I assume I register on S.GP with my real name and also here with my real name as well?
That is correct. Your real name here is fine now (see below your avatar).

That is correct. Your real name here is fine now (see below your avatar).
Thanks. For some reason my online name was used when I registered with S.GP. I have changed my Steam profile to my real name and contacted S.GP to see if they can change my name as I can't change it in S.GP settings. I've withdrawn my registration from the BTCC races at the moment. Hopefully S.GP can help.

Thanks. For some reason my online name was used when I registered with S.GP. I have changed my Steam profile to my real name and contacted S.GP to see if they can change my name as I can't change it in S.GP settings. I've withdrawn my registration from the BTCC races at the moment. Hopefully S.GP can help.
Well we know your real name on RaceDepartment now so I think you can enter the BTCC race. Just let the organizer know which name is used on S.GP until it is corrected.

Great racing guys, I wasn't quick but i kept my nose clean and brought it home in 3rd :)

Loved the battle with Pedro, shame you ran wide mate, i was looking forward to battling my way past when i caught you!

Cya next week!

Hi guys.

Joining in my 2nd RD race. Thought I couldn't be here tonight but now I'm free to go. Those cars are all new (driving a lot the E30 DTM though).

I'll do my best to keep everyone safe.

See you all!

Nice race tonight, although I really couldn't find the brake balance in the BMW. Struggled to keep line during heavy breaking and ended up I guess taking a guy from the track at the end of lap 1. Very sorry for this.

Thank you for the racing!

Twice i have done the DTM in this series which I enjoy, what I do not enjoy is the silly track limits, Monza second corner, admittedly I struggle with no abs braking, slightly overshot the corner, ran across the sausage strips, no one was affected except me, got a stop to 21 mph in the same lap.
Went from a reasonable fourth to 8th place, admittedly my wheels paddle shifter was sticking which helped my decision to abandon the race.
The drivers here from what I have seen are very sensible, we do not need these open server type penalties which at best are pointless WRT racing on a race department server.
Twice I have abandoned these races for pointless penalties in a 30min race.
:(

Last edited:
Twice i have done the DTM in this series which I enjoy, what I do not enjoy is the silly track limits, Monza second corner, admittedly I struggle with no abs braking, slightly overshot the corner, ran across the sausage strips, no one was affected except me, got a stop to 21 mph in the same lap.
Went from a reasonable fourth to 8th place, admittedly my wheels paddle shifter was sticking which helped my decision to abandon the race.
The drivers here from what I have seen are very sensible, we do not need these open server type penalties which at best are pointless WRT racing on a race department server.
Twice I have abandoned these races for pointless penalties in a 30min race.
:(
Yep that's a fair criticism, I'll consider the test of these systems failed at least for this series with smaller fields.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back