BTCC Mod

That would be cool. Unfprtunately no one has the license to do it. Mr ALan Gow isnt keen on people making BTCC mods so we cant untill he lets us. Its a shame!

Who said you can't just because Alan Gow doesn't let you? Modding is not illegal in any country of the world, and a free mod cannot be stopped. If it was a commercial product or a product that earnt money, then yes he has power to stop it. But if he tries to stop a non commercial, non profit, freeware mod, he will hit his face very hard in the courtroom and wonder why he even bothered. The licence to BTCC covers items that are commercial and non commercial and MAKE A PROFIT, not items that do not make a profit in the non commercial. Modding is made for this purpose, so people can replicate seasons. This is what modding is and why it was formed. If mod groups weren't **** scared to take these companies on, you'd have more mods out. But then, thats why you have MMG to, cause we ain't scared.

An infringement of trademark/copyright is an infringement nonetheless. Whether the project is for profit or not has no bearing on it. Ultimately, Alan Gow's TOCA company owns the commercial rights to the series and if you were to release a mod of that series, you wouldn't have a leg to stand on in court.

There are ways around it of course; just see the BMS in the STCC game, but I suggest you seek legal advice if you're hoping to release any such mod.

I created BTCC 2008 Mod, but just 1 problem - so long!

If You have join to work at this mod, contact me.

102745687.jpg

103135721.jpg

Work at BTCC Mod is continue... Hi-res textures quality, new rims color, TDi bonnet for Seat Leon and much more...

Wallpaper Team RAC '08
[media]http://photofile.ru/photo/simvtcc/95015525/103170146.jpg[/media]

As well as Denis' fantastic work - the 2008 BTWC mod that was originally done for r-factor and then converted for GTR-2 is being worked on as well so we'll have 2 great mods by the look of it.

The screen shots above look absolutely awesome Denis!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 381 39.7%