• Guest, RaceDepartment is now on Discord!  Join Here

BTCC Mod

Jamie R

500RPM
Oct 24, 2008
Could someone make it please :D. Haven't raced BTCC since ToCa Race Driver..

2008 season or the good ole 90's would be nice :D

Ross Balfour

#99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs
Feb 25, 2008
That would be cool. Unfprtunately no one has the license to do it. Mr ALan Gow isnt keen on people making BTCC mods so we cant untill he lets us. Its a shame!

Petros Mak

100RPM
Sep 7, 2008
Who said you can't just because Alan Gow doesn't let you? Modding is not illegal in any country of the world, and a free mod cannot be stopped. If it was a commercial product or a product that earnt money, then yes he has power to stop it. But if he tries to stop a non commercial, non profit, freeware mod, he will hit his face very hard in the courtroom and wonder why he even bothered. The licence to BTCC covers items that are commercial and non commercial and MAKE A PROFIT, not items that do not make a profit in the non commercial. Modding is made for this purpose, so people can replicate seasons. This is what modding is and why it was formed. If mod groups weren't **** scared to take these companies on, you'd have more mods out. But then, thats why you have MMG to, cause we ain't scared.

Jamie Wilson

500RPM
Jul 30, 2007
An infringement of trademark/copyright is an infringement nonetheless. Whether the project is for profit or not has no bearing on it. Ultimately, Alan Gow's TOCA company owns the commercial rights to the series and if you were to release a mod of that series, you wouldn't have a leg to stand on in court.

There are ways around it of course; just see the BMS in the STCC game, but I suggest you seek legal advice if you're hoping to release any such mod.

Jamie R

500RPM
Oct 24, 2008
Would it be possible to get a mod from the 90s? You know, the old "super" BTCC cars? That would be cool and surely not copyright problem.

Sep 26, 2008
That would be great. I collect many skins for BTCC and STCC ( because I haven't got the game) and I made a new car class, BTCC and STCC(a bit strange because no Volvo, Audi and Peugeot).

Mar 14, 2008

Work at BTCC Mod is continue... Hi-res textures quality, new rims color, TDi bonnet for Seat Leon and much more...

Wallpaper Team RAC '08
[media]http://photofile.ru/photo/simvtcc/95015525/103170146.jpg[/media]

Jon Trotter

100RPM
Feb 22, 2008
As well as Denis' fantastic work - the 2008 BTWC mod that was originally done for r-factor and then converted for GTR-2 is being worked on as well so we'll have 2 great mods by the look of it.

The screen shots above look absolutely awesome Denis!

Nick Deeley

1000RPM
Jan 16, 2009
Just an encouragement post really, I'd like to see a BTCC mod for the game. Keep up the good work

:good:

Follow @racedepartment