BTCC: Knockhill Discussion Thread

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
BTCC Knockhill Discussion Thread.jpg

Welcome to the central discussion thread for the annual Scottish round of the British Touring Car Championship.

Knockhill is one of those absolute gems of a circuit, seemingly untouched by modern times and offering a simple yet surprisingly challenging driving experience, the little track with the big heart never fails to throw up an exceptional weekend of racing action.

The 2019 BTCC championship fight is really hotting up at the front of the grid, and with Knockhill such a short circuit, the lap times are always close and the risk of contact high.. this could well be a defining weekend for many of the drivers by the end of Sunday afternoon.

Often a track suited to RWD machinery, but with the unpredictability of Scottish weather, the Knockhill race weekend is bound to be a highlight for many racing fans.

Don't miss any of the action - this weekend should be fantastic!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I have been to knockhill a few times but I remember my dad going up there with his then company he worked for Digital who sponsored the race and he said the driving was incredible and it wrecked his phone because it was thunder and lightning and stuff but he got it replaced in the end via the company

Looking forward to being their Sunday. If you get a chance to blast round in the Palmers and Legends, take it. Last time for me was a weeks ago. We had wind, rain and sun in varying proportions - unbelievably good fun. Our weather is crap all year round, but it’s guaranteed to produce cracking racing this weekend.

Does anybody else think that the driving standards have dropped off a bit this season? I know BTCC is all about a bit of rubbing and barging but this season seems that so many races have been decided by poor driving standards. I'm all for punishment for poor driving but it doesn't help drivers who's season can be decided by other peoples shat driving.

I believe that, once upon a time, SimBin's GTR serie of games were featuring BTCC. I wish that Simbin/Sector 3 Studios could add BTCC cars and tracks to R3E or maybe to GTR3?

I live in Canada and on occasion, I am lucky enough that my TV package allows me to catch races from all over Europe. I watched the race at Knockhill this weekend. I love the track and I love those BTCC cars. I would just hope that any company would feature that serie in some fashion or another.

Well what can I say? As Media person for TradePriceCars Racing, that last race, was amazing from Jake Hill.

Awesome start, 2 x SC restarts that he has never done before from the front in a BTCC race, and Lights to Flag finish, and a "tip toe" in the gravel that put all our hearts in our mouths, what a drive.

TPCR garage celebrated a lot, as you can image LOL

I was unable to make the trip so had to watch from home, but had to take some screenies of the final race.

Celebrations all evening.

Attachments

• jh_1.jpg
    jh_1.jpg
    899 KB · Views: 230
  • jh_2.jpg
    jh_2.jpg
    714.5 KB · Views: 229
  • jh_3.jpg
    jh_3.jpg
    750.3 KB · Views: 222
  • jh_4.jpg
    jh_4.jpg
    619.6 KB · Views: 239
  • jh_5.jpg
    jh_5.jpg
    666.6 KB · Views: 224
  • jh_6.jpg
    jh_6.jpg
    912 KB · Views: 240
  • jh_7.jpg
    jh_7.jpg
    779.7 KB · Views: 249
  • jh_8.jpg
    jh_8.jpg
    774.9 KB · Views: 226
  • jh_9.jpg
    jh_9.jpg
    584.8 KB · Views: 232
  • jh_10.jpg
    jh_10.jpg
    901.8 KB · Views: 226
  • jh_11.jpg
    jh_11.jpg
    638.3 KB · Views: 261
  • jh_12.jpg
    jh_12.jpg
    763.5 KB · Views: 246
  • jh_13.jpg
    jh_13.jpg
    819.1 KB · Views: 250
  • jh_14.jpg
    jh_14.jpg
    725.7 KB · Views: 219
We did take a wander down for some pics - none came out as good as yours tho! Loved it. Spent some time down at Clark's too. Great day out as always - my mate and I reckon we were there 20 years ago and loads of times in between!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 360 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 501 39.0%