BTCC: Kieran Gallagher at returning Team HARD for 2015

Kieran Gallagher Racing.jpg

24 year-old Scottish driver Kieran Gallagher is to drive a Toyota Avensis in the BTCC this year after Tony Gilham’s racing team purchased the car from United Autosports.

Gilham’s Team HARD, which took a sabbatical year in 2014, also purchased a ToCA BTCC Licence (TBL) from the Anglo-American squad, but this transfer of an official entry needs to be ratified by the organising body before the team can race in 2015. United Autosports raced two cars last year, but its current BTCC plans are uncertain following co-owner Zak Brown putting his share up for sale.

Gallagher has already driven in a single BTCC weekend with Team HARD at Knockhill in 2013, and is raring to go again for 2015. “As soon as Tony offered me the chance to join them for their return, I immediately said yes and literally cannot wait to get going," he said. "I know this is a big jump, but at the same time I feel I can learn very quickly and will want to get up to speed and fight as high as possible up the grid. It will be a huge learning year but I am more than up for the challenge.”

Gilham, a former BTCC driver himself, is already looking for drivers in order to get a second Avensis running, and BTCC Crazy has suggested that his long-term plans include attracting Volvo back to the championship.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back