BTCC: Donington Park Discussion Thread

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
BTCC Discussion Thread.jpg

Welcome to the central discussion thread for the second round of the 2019 British Touring Car Championship at Donington Park.

After what can only be described as an outstanding weekend of action on the wet/dry Brands Hatch Grand Prix circuit last time out, the British Touring Car Championship grid head over to the green fields and swooping curves of the Donington Park venue just outside of Derby.

BTCC 2019: Check out the discussion thread from Brands Hatch HERE.

Known as a track that often promotes close and intense touring car racing, the now MSV owned Donington Park is the perfect place to play host to what has already proven itself to be a close and fierce field of drivers this season.

At Brands last time out we had three incredibly close and hard races, with three different winners emerging from the chaos once the final chequered flag had flow, and Donington promises to offer yet another opportunity for the packed grid of cars to go out and do battle once more.

With Formula One, WTCR and the BTCC taking place this weekend, another epic weekend of racing awaits!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Heading down there tomorrow! Should be great with even more money spent rejuvinating donington over the winter, looked so good at british GT in September so excited to be there again.

they need to put the dunlop bridge back up while theyre at their rejuvination looks bare without it. They repainted the can at the hairpin of the grand prix loop a couple of weeks back.

Never been there myself but with it now being owned by MSV i imagine it will thrive again soon

And anywhere you can watch it online, live streams etc.
I think that one is tricky for BTCC , WTCR and F1, I don't believe there are any official free live streams for those.
If you wanna watch IMSA races go to imsatv.imsa.com
For Blancpain GT, Word Challenge By SRO, GT4 Europe and America, go to GT World on youtube, it's the official SRO Channel.

BTCC is on ITV4 in the UK, I believe not only via DVB-T but also streamed on their website - I suspect it's geoblocked.

BTCC is pretty good at the moment, certainly better than a few years ago.

Donington really has to reduce the height of those bales at the chicanes, they turn them into blind corners - the Ginetta mess may have been much reduced with them at wheel height.

Awesome weekend and expensive for some. Qually really mixed it up. Looking like Turklington and Sutton are the strongest at the moment. Sorry for Jordans accident but he is such a cry baby. It did ruin his weekend and he had a strong car so I do understand but that is how it goes sometimes. Early yet he can drag himself back. My money is on Turklington for the champ. I would love to see Sutton do it again and Plato back towards the front where he belongs, causing mischief.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 105 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.1%