BTCC and Super GT Honda coming!

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Steve Myers of iRacing.com revealed that the company has signed two new license deals. There were already some hints a few months back and today the long wait is finally over as the NGTC Honda Civic from the British Touring Car Championship and the Honda HSV-010 GT from the Japanese Super GT series are coming to the simulation.

Read all about it here!

Before everyone starts moaning at me, here is my reasoning for saying what i did. First off how old were you when you started sim racing? i was around 14 or 15. The next question is, how many 14 or 15 year olds do you know that could actually afford to pay the iracing subscription each month/3 months or each year? i bet the answer is not many and this is why i think its unfair to put all this content in that some people have wanted in a sim for years and then out price normal people.

Before everyone starts moaning at me, here is my reasoning for saying what i did. First off how old were you when you started sim racing? i was around 14 or 15. The next question is, how many 14 or 15 year olds do you know that could actually afford to pay the iracing subscription each month/3 months or each year? i bet the answer is not many and this is why i think its unfair to put all this content in that some people have wanted in a sim for years and then out price normal people.
kind of funny to reply to responses that never even came, i dont think anyone even said anything did they? its not about the youngsters really, the majority of simracers are old enough to hold jobs. sim racing is one of the few hobbies that encompasses all age groups, i know a couple of 70+ year olds that do this stuff. im sure the 14 year olds have not been wanting the content as long or as bad as the rest of us. in the end, iracing is a hobby to me just like skydiving, fishing, mountain biking etc and al these would cost money too. a decent mountain bike can cost more than all of the iracing content. so if kids ask for tracks and cars for their birthday, earn the ten dollars in particiption, and buy their year when its 75 dollars, they will basically pay the price of a video game for the year subscription. to a kid a year seems like an eternity so that is not too bad. i would say that there are plenty of "normal" people on iracing.

Simply compare it Call of Duty series for example. You pay 60 euros just to have 5 hours of singleplayer and about half a year of MP, which never recieves a major update. Then a DLC comes out and you have to buy it for a lot of money again. Sometimes two or three come out so in the end, you end up paying over 100 euros just to have the core and a couple of updates. And you do this every year because majority of players moves to the newest game when it comes out.

Whats more, iRacing is not really meant for teenagers. Even some of my adult friends are unable to drive iRacing (even slowly), it requires a huge amount of practice in order to be competitive and the hardware required is a bit expensive for youngsters as well. I liek that iRacing is a domain of adults, because they are usually reasonable and car drive as they should (of course, there are exceptions and it's a shame they often behave like that).

iRacing continually develops and you can only buy a content you want. It is possible to play for as low as 50 dollars per year if you're smart enough to use promo actions. Then you can buy content you want. You usually buy a content you want to race, but you have to buy it only once and tracks (which are the most expensive part) are usually shared amongst various series so you are buying a lot.

Yes, if you bought everything in iRacing, it would cost you A LOT. But people often see it as their hobby and buy tracks and cars very slowly as they make progress so it's not expensive at all. And it's not much compared to other multiplayer games as well considering it constantly improves and recieve new and new experience all the time. I would say it's worth IT.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back