BTCC 2019 21 car skin pack

Skins BTCC 2019 21 car skin pack 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
enkay74 submitted a new resource:

BTCC 2019 21 car skin pack - Allows for 23 car 2019 BTCC race grid

View attachment 369564
This pack contains 21 new skins to try and recreate the 2019 BTCC season.
In addition to the 2 Audi's already present in Shaun Clarke's BTCC pack it means a 23 car grid with 2019 liveries is possible.

View attachment 369574

Pack includes driver suit, pit crew and driver helmets for all teams

View attachment 369568

Some of the cars used are just "lookalikes" for the real championship cars with a BoP applied to match the base...

Read more about this resource...

Downloaded all the cars, but now getting "Game Crashed" message, Critical error, blurred node (RIM_LF) Wheelindex(0); cannot locate object.
For troubleshooting purposes, I started removing one car at a time to see what may be the culprit, and it would seem that the problem child is the fk7 honda. Not sure whether it's a problem with a skin or the car itself, but once I remove this car from the field, the game loads just fine. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Indeed, there seems to be some problem with the new Honda. It loads and looks just fine in CM showroom but when it comes to loading it in the game, it causes a crash.
--
I guess it must be a problem with the car itself, not with skins - when I try to use the "2019_testcar_00" skin included in the mod, the game crashes as well...

Last edited:
I found the problem (I think), but couldn't correct it. One of the objects seems to be named incorrectly:

blur.jpg

As can be seen in the above pic, all the other wheel parts have two objects GEO_RIM_Blur??_SUB0 and GEO_RIM_Blur??_SUB1 while the left front only has the ...SUB0 object. The ...SUB1 object actually exists in the right place (see red arrow), but is named incorrectly (see the right most arrow in the objects list).

I think. :)

I tried to rename the object in 3DSIMEd, exported the .kn5 but the error persists. Unfortunately, I don't know nearly enough to solve this...

I unpacked data.acd to adjust the lods.ini and there is something wrong. The file "btcc_civic_type_r_fk7.kn" is used for all 4 LODS.
That's the reason why the game is crashing when loading the car. I've corrected the lods.ini and now the car loads without a problem.

The corrected lods.ini must look like this:

[COCKPIT_HR]
DISTANCE_SWITCH=5

[LOD_0]
FILE=btcc_civic_type_r_fk7.kn5
IN=0
OUT=15

[LOD_1]
FILE=btcc_civic_type_r_fk7_lodb.kn5
IN=15
OUT=45

[LOD_2]
FILE=btcc_civic_type_r_fk7_lodc.kn5
IN=45
OUT=200

[LOD_3]
FILE=btcc_civic_type_r_fk7_lodd.kn5
IN=200
OUT=2000

I unpacked data.acd to adjust the lods.ini and there is something wrong. The file "btcc_civic_type_r_fk7.kn" is used for all 4 LODS.
That's the reason why the game is crashing when loading the car. I've corrected the lods.ini and now the car loads without a problem.

The corrected lods.ini must look like this:

[COCKPIT_HR]
DISTANCE_SWITCH=5

[LOD_0]
FILE=btcc_civic_type_r_fk7.kn5
IN=0
OUT=15

[LOD_1]
FILE=btcc_civic_type_r_fk7_lodb.kn5
IN=15
OUT=45

[LOD_2]
FILE=btcc_civic_type_r_fk7_lodc.kn5
IN=45
OUT=200

[LOD_3]
FILE=btcc_civic_type_r_fk7_lodd.kn5
IN=200
OUT=2000

Hi Frank. any chance you could simply upload the new, working data.acd file? I have NO CLUE how to edit that file, and add the correct entries into it? Please?

regards

Alan

Hi there, this skin pack is fantastic, but I'm having trouble finding the car models themselves for the Subaru, BMW 2 series and newer Honda Civic? Does anyone have any links to those cars in particular?

Hi there, this skin pack is fantastic, but I'm having trouble finding the car models themselves for the Subaru, BMW 2 series and newer Honda Civic? Does anyone have any links to those cars in particular?

Please remember to look at the readme file before asking questions and bear in mind when reviewing this resource it is only the skin pack, not the cars themselves!

Hi, I had a problem with the Civic, but, followed the advise here and is now working ok.
I do, however have a problem with the BMW 220i (which I am aware has nothing to do with this skin pack) but, the read me section points towards a zip file for a few cars, the bmw being one of them.
All great, but even trying to start a race/time trial/practise with the bmw 220i (even in test skin) and the game crashes, the error log points towards "collider.kn5".
Has anyone else had this issue? know a fix? know of a different file to download? any help!?

Just rename the file "data.txt" to "data.acd" and copy it to "content/cars/btcc_honda_civic_fk7"

I have had to delete AC and re-install.
just got to this point again, why cant I get the Civic mod to work now???
I download the file (save on desktop, open file, rename to data.acd, save, it then creates a acd file on my desktop, then copy, paste and overwrite in content/civic, but still crashes when i go to load race/practise. help me!!!!

Hi, I’ve tried to fix the civic many times following the instructions exactly and it hasn’t worked. Is there any additional guidance you could provide to help me find a solution? I do notice that when I copy the file over that the original data.acd is showing as an acd file and the new one is showing as a txt document. Many thanks!

Hi, I’ve tried to fix the civic many times following the instructions exactly and it hasn’t worked. Is there any additional guidance you could provide to help me find a solution? I do notice that when I copy the file over that the original data.acd is showing as an acd file and the new one is showing as a txt document. Many thanks!

Just rename the file "data.txt" to "data.acd" and copy it to "content/cars/btcc_honda_civic_fk7"

I have had to delete AC and re-install.
just got to this point again, why cant I get the Civic mod to work now???
I download the file (save on desktop, open file, rename to data.acd, save, it then creates a acd file on my desktop, then copy, paste and overwrite in content/civic, but still crashes when i go to load race/practise. help me!!!!

Don't open the data.txt with a TXT Editor and save it as data.acd. This will destroy the file, JUST rename it in the Windows Explorer with a right click on the file and "rename"!!!

Don't open the data.txt with a TXT Editor and save it as data.acd. This will destroy the file, JUST rename it in the Windows Explorer with a right click on the file and "rename"!!!
Thanks for replying to this! It still doesn't solve the issue for me. It seems weird that it doesn't ask me to overwrite when i drag it into the folder as well. there are just two "data.acd" files in the folder now and the crashes persist.

Thanks for replying to this! It still doesn't solve the issue for me. It seems weird that it doesn't ask me to overwrite when i drag it into the folder as well. there are just two "data.acd" files in the folder now and the crashes persist.

It's impossible to have two "data.acd" files in the same folder. Maybe one file is "data.acd.txt" and you just don't see the .txt ending of the file as the windows explorer is hiding it.

It's impossible to have two "data.acd" files in the same folder. Maybe one file is "data.acd.txt" and you just don't see the .txt ending of the file as the windows explorer is hiding it.
yes that's correct as one is shown as a .acd and the other as a .txt. I guess I'll try it a few more times. Thanks for your help!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 306 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 439 39.6%