BTBHD is now in Beta!

T

Travlar

• Travlar

BTBHD is now in Beta. If you would like to give it a try, please feel free to do so. Please read the launch page first and make sure you have Google Earth installed and the .NET framework 2.0 installed.

This is a no thrills version and you have to put your KML file in a certain directory to have BTBHD read it.

I hope this works as well for you as it has for me. If you place your "nodes" too close while you make your path in Google Earth, you can get some very big jumps in elevation. I found that once the track was imported into BTB, I was able to delete some nodes to smooth out the transitions.

BTBHD 1.0.0.11 can be installed from the link below.

http://www.microvoxsoftware.com and go to the Download Section.

Thanks

Well, it works for me.

It seems quicker than Lofty. Are there any other differences?

I imagine the following info will be useful in case someone with the same specs has a problem:
Windows XP, SP2
Pentium 4

• Travlar

Well, it works for me.

It seems quicker than Lofty. Are there any other differences?

I imagine the following info will be useful in case someone with the same specs has a problem:
Windows XP, SP2
Pentium 4

I tried Lofty, but for some reason it did not work for me and that is why I wrote this. So I really don't know how to compare the two. Sorry.

• Travlar

Error message "Unable to install or run the application. The
application requires stdole Version 7.0.3300.0 in the GAC" ??????????? Huh

James,

I have seen this before. Do you have .NET 2.0 installed? You can manually install stdole to your GAC, but you would need to check on MSDN for your particular set up.

I will also check on the redistributation of stdole and see if I can include it with the program.

Edit:

James, I took a look and could not see any reason for the stdole.dll to be in my program. After taking a quick look around MSDN, I found that this is a bug and that stdole.dll is sometimes shown as a required file. I removed the file and the program works fine for me still. Give it a try again and it should work for you now.

Thanks

• Travlar

Works for me. Very Nice.

One question. Will there be an .exe version? I dont use c drive for my games. And I'm not a big fan of having to run software off of someone elses server.

Jon,

I plan on working to distribute BTBHD as an EXE, but I will need to read up on making an installer for the program. It has been years since I have had to make an installer and I know a few things have changed.

Just FYI, the program does not run from my server. It only downloads from the server. The actual program is installed on your computer and is basically in it's own environment. But I do understand where you are coming from and that is why I will make an installer for the program when it comes out of beta.

Edit: Oh, and I am working on letting the user decide which drive and directory they want to use. In fact, I may just let the user browse for the KML file they want to use and write the out file to the same place as the original KML.

Thanks,

• Travlar

BTBHD Version 1.0.0.7 Beta is up

BTBHD has been updated.

Version 1.0.0.7 Beta has had the requirement for stdole.dll removed as this file sometimes shows as required when it is not.

I removed the requirement to use the C:\BTBHD directory. The user can now pick the directory that his/her KML is in, and then pick the KML file to be read by BTBHD. The output file is sent to the same directory as the original KML file.

Be careful not to open the output file until after you have quit BTBHD. The output file is also the temporary work file as the data is being parsed and written.

Thanks,

Jon,

I plan on working to distribute BTBHD as an EXE, but I will need to read up on making an installer for the program. It has been years since I have had to make an installer and I know a few things have changed.

Just FYI, the program does not run from my server. It only downloads from the server. The actual program is installed on your computer and is basically in it's own environment. But I do understand where you are coming from and that is why I will make an installer for the program when it comes out of beta.

Edit: Oh, and I am working on letting the user decide which drive and directory they want to use. In fact, I may just let the user browse for the KML file they want to use and write the out file to the same place as the original KML.

Thanks,

I could help you with an installer when your ready. I release all my tracks as an .exe

• Travlar

hi Travlar,

BTBHD sounds good.
But there are some others method to add altitude to .kml already.
For example, 3D Route Builder and GPS Visualizer.
What advantages does BTBHD have? speed? accuracy?

Well heck! I couldn't find a thing to do this but Lofty. As I didn't know about 3D Route Builder and GPS Visualizer, I can't say what advantages there are.

I will look for these two programs and check them out.

Thanks,

• Travlar

thanx travlar i got it, and i like what i see just have to remember not to over do it with the nodes when creating a layout in google.......Question:what's a good lenth between each node?

I am usually about 2 kilometers above the surface when I make a path and I kind of just look at the terrain. If it looks flat, I have put nodes 3 inches or so apart, but if it looks like there are height differences, I put the nodes about an inch apart.

When it comes to turns, I put the nodes about this " " far apart while making the turn. Then after the track is imported, I can usually take a few out to smooth the turn.

And James, if you have tried 3D Route Builder and/or GPS visualizer, do you see any advantages to BTBHD?

hello travlar, try this today and i keep getting a class error

Attachments

• oops.jpg
    oops.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 327
  • Travlar

hello travlar, try this today and i keep getting a class error

Do you have Google Earth installed? I got this same error when I tested and tried to run BTBHD without Google Earth installed. Please let me know.

If you do have it installed, try this and then attempt to install again.

-----------

Before you can interface a 3rd party application with Google Earth through the COM API, you must install Google Earth on the computer where you intend to run the 3rd party application. The Google Earth COM interface is registered as part of the Google Earth installation process. If, for some reason, you need to register the Google Earth COM API again, execute GoogleEarth.exe with "/RegServer" as a command line argument.
For instance, assuming GoogleEarth.exe is located in C:\Program Files\Google\Google Earth, use the following command line to register Google Earth's COM API:
"C:\Program Files\Google\Google Earth\googleearth.exe" /RegServer
To unregister the Google Earth COM API, use the following command:
"C:\Program Files\Google\Google Earth\googleearth.exe" /UnregServer

-----------

Thanks,

• Travlar

Tryed to install it but I keep getting the same error as Banger does.

Ok. Same question to you as Banger. Is Google Earth installed? Please let me know.

If you do have it installed, try this and then attempt to install again.

-----------

Before you can interface a 3rd party application with Google Earth through the COM API, you must install Google Earth on the computer where you intend to run the 3rd party application. The Google Earth COM interface is registered as part of the Google Earth installation process. If, for some reason, you need to register the Google Earth COM API again, execute GoogleEarth.exe with "/RegServer" as a command line argument.
For instance, assuming GoogleEarth.exe is located in C:\Program Files\Google\Google Earth, use the following command line to register Google Earth's COM API:
"C:\Program Files\Google\Google Earth\googleearth.exe" /RegServer
To unregister the Google Earth COM API, use the following command:
"C:\Program Files\Google\Google Earth\googleearth.exe" /UnregServer

-----------

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%