BTB - videos of WIP

Not strictly a BTB question I know but.... when posting videos to the WIP Tracks or New Tracks section, what methods do people use to create the video? the in-Rfactor method, an external method, some other way? Is it posted via youtube? How to control filesize, bandwidth ,etc? When I watch a replay whilst using the TVStyle mod (which is awesome by the way) it doesn't replay the telemetry. Do I need to record "live" to see this in the video?

Any pointers most welcome from those who've been there and done it!.... cheers guys :)

You'll have to bare with me, as i lost all my progs etc. in a hardrive failure and i cant remember it well enough to describe accurately.

I`ll PM a mini how-to in the next day or two when i`ve downloaded it and refamiliarized myself with it :)

I guess when uploading videos onto YouTube, the better quality you make, the better it looks after their processing. So, if you have fast broadband connection, they accept files like 10 minutes max length and not bigger than 2 gigabytes (or 1???). Than I usually set the best possible quality for my videos. I use Fraps or recording and Sony Vegas for compressing videos (mostly mpg or avi - these formats are accepted on YT)

You wont if your using DivX, as that seriously compresses the video and nothing you can do will make it look as clear as original (as far as i`m aware).

One thing that really bulks up the file size is the audio. Take this out and the file size drops dramatically.

Sorry i didnt get round to writing that little guide, i still havn`t downloaded it yet...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 340 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 467 38.9%