BTB version 0.9.0.2 is ready!

Brendon Pywell

Bob's Track Builder
BTB version 0.9.0.0 is ready! Thanks again to the testers that helped ensure it was all working under the new development platform.

http://www.bobstrackbuilder.net/news.aspx

There are not many changes from the long tested 0.8.9.3 beta version aside from a few performance enhancements and some small bugfixes.

Please report any bugs here in as much detail as possible. It's always helpful if you can isolate a problem by repeating it in a small test Venue.

Enjoy!

Yep, nothing seems wrong after my testing.
I love the transition of grass on the default track texture, that is awesome. Thanks for updating it and keeping it alive.

There's a problem
Filename does not match the current version. It should be named HardwareId.v0.9.0.0. Please ensure you are using the latest version of BTB and try again.

Meanwhile HID.exe creates 'HardwareID.txt'

I renamed the file with "HardwareId.v0.9.0.0", but also if you have the files extensions displayed in your Windows, you will need to remove the .txt

There's a problem ...

Thanks for the feedback, looks like I'll have to put this message in a few more places.

"To obtain a license you first need to run the CreateHardwareID application (if using Windows 7 or later be sure to run in Administrator mode). A file will be created in the BTB folder called HardwareId.v0.9.0.0 - this identifies your PC."

I have a couple of issues to report:

First issue is a major one for me as I need to be able to go back to previous projects regularly to edit and re export them. I am getting some weird lighting effects on walls, with white lines diagonally across them which weren't there before. It seems to only happen (so far) on tracks which have been created in 0.8.0.3 and then exported from 0.9. I've attached a screenshot to show what I'm talking about. I've replicated it on a small project which I have created in 0.8.0.3. The effect is not quite the same, but if you export it from 0.9 you should see what I mean.

I have uploaded it here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rbin5a3ixndr4zg/My Project.zip

Second issue is to do with grass shaders (multiply I think). Again, this seems to be an issue with 0.8.0.3 tracks. In the 3D editor the grass seems to show up way too bright. The images I've attached show what I mean - the darker grass is the view in 0.8.0.3, the lighter grass is 0.9 and the final image shows the result in rFactor.

Hope this is of help - would be much appreciated if you could solve these issues. If you need any more info or anything like that let me know.

Attachments

• rFactor 2014-01-17 10-52-39-92.jpg
    rFactor 2014-01-17 10-52-39-92.jpg
    574.1 KB · Views: 786
  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    407.6 KB · Views: 698
  • Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    481.1 KB · Views: 763
  • rFactor 2014-01-17 10-44-52-72.jpg
    rFactor 2014-01-17 10-44-52-72.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 1,053
I am getting some weird lighting effects on walls, with white lines diagonally across them which weren't there before.

I can't replicate this. I exported your example from both 0.8 & 0.9 and they looked the same with the wall looking ok. Anyone else try?

Second issue is to do with grass shaders (multiply I think). Again, this seems to be an issue with 0.8.0.3 tracks. In the 3D editor the grass seems to show up way too bright.

The Bright grass in your old project is caused by having a high Specular Colour value (not to be confused with Specular Power). Changing this to be near black will give better results for grass.

I can't replicate this. I exported your example from both 0.8 & 0.9 and they looked the same with the wall looking ok. Anyone else try?
Can I email you a simplified version of the track I am having problems with? Because I'm finding it difficult to replicate the problem with a new project now too, but it persists with my old projects.

I don't want to post it here because I am producing the track for a company and I'm not allowed to share my work publicly.

The Bright grass in your old project is caused by having a high Specular Colour value (not to be confused with Specular Power). Changing this to be near black will give better results for grass.
Ah ok, You're right, changing the colour to black fixed it. The weird thing is that changing this has no effect in rFactor it only made it look correct in BTB.

Can I email you a simplified version of the track I am having problems with?

Sure, please send it to my bob at bobstrackbuilder.net address.

Ah ok, You're right, changing the colour to black fixed it. The weird thing is that changing this has no effect in rFactor it only made it look correct in BTB.

RBR would also look strange but you are right abour rFactor it doesn't use that property in that shader.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back