BTB v0.7.0.6 released

Brendon Pywell

Bob's Track Builder
http://www.bobstrackbuilder.net/news.aspx

Added/Changed
  • Racer support http://www.racer.nl
  • Hierarchal Objects. Allows things like:
    • Complex objects.
    • Lights (Normal, Start, PitIn, PitOut).
    • LOD Objects.
    • Invisible Collision Objects surrounding a more complex drawn object.
  • New Object planter tool that makes adding thousands of objects to the whole track easier.
  • Material now has a “Render Normals Up” property that is used for tree leaves in Hierarchal Objects.
  • Track Nodes Smooth by height formula refined.
  • Function to smooth Control Points by height only, leaving their direction unchanged. It’s in the popup menu when editing the control points.
  • Reduced redundant information in rFactor GMT’s.
  • RBR plugin
    • now supports Level Of Detail resulting in large frame rate increase
    • Support for long long tracks.
    • RBR plugin faster loading
    • Fog
  • Some Shadow properties moved to within XPack control, not BTB user.
  • Save format now occurs in binary format instead of XML.
    • This is faster.
    • Uses much less disk space.
    • Improves load/undo times.
    • Reduces memory required when loading a project.
  • Using the middle mouse button to scroll will now float over the landscape making it easier to navigate rough terrain.
Patch 0.7.0.1 is up ...

Fixed
• Cameras not initially showing up in the right place.
• SObjects not immediately displaying their randomness properties.
• RBR DiffuseSpec shader fixed.
• RBR Pacenotes – add two more (Flat Left/Right), fixed bug with Variation.

Patch 0.7.0.2 is up ...

Fixed:
• Wall LOD not being kept when changed.
• Wall cross-section point “grounded” flag not immediately activating.
• Shadow properties not read in from old v0.6 projects.
• RBR Fog –controllable via the scattering.h (thanks again to black f).

Patch 0.7.0.3 is up ...

Fixed:
• SObject LOD not being kept when changed.
• BObject planter would not work correctly near last node of closed circuit.

Patch 0.7.0.4 is up ...

Changed:
• Slight improvement to complex object rendering speed in BTB.
• Changed Panning rate to make moving closer to object easier.

Fixed
• XPacker not showing light properties for LightGlow object.
• Adding Terrain by click and drag would not finish off last terrain area properly if mouse dragged away from the terrain.
• Older graphics cards that don’t support instancing were not showing Complex Objects.

Patch 0.7.0.5 is up ...

More shadow setting for Walls, Objects and SObjects. Now there are the following:

- Shadows = Yes/No.
- Quality = how clear/fuzzy the shadow is.
- Shadow falls on car = Yes/No.
- Shadow Cast = Solid/Texture
- Shadow Object = Regular/Shadow Only (the object is not drawn, only its shadow).

Patch 0.7.0.6 is up ...

Fixed
• Evo AIW checkpoints not working.
• Some texture mapping on SObjects not correct when exported to rFactor / Evo.

I download the 0.7.0.5 version but it say that me trial period has expired... that I need a licence... etc.. But I bought it few moths ago!

Are you subscribed to emails?

http://www.bobstrackbuilder.net/login/your_details.aspx

I sent out information on how to update you license not long ago. There is also information on this in the first email you receive.

With each BTB patch, I update all license files. If you find BTB is not working after an upgrade, please download again from here http://www.bobstrackbuilder.net/pro_users/license.aspx .

For each major release where I allow people to try out BTB the licenses are reset and you need to generate and upload a new HardwareId.txt .

Up until now when I select a Track texture node, the section of track that would be affected goes red. Now it doesnt seem to work. Just the node goes red, which makes it more diffucult to know which parts you are changing.

Im guessing its a 7.05 bug. If you need me to I will send you my track and xpacks. Ive reinstalled the full 7.05 and still have the problem.

Up until now when I select a Track texture node, the section of track that would be affected goes red. Now it doesnt seem to work. Just the node goes red, which makes it more diffucult to know which parts you are changing.

Im guessing its a 7.05 bug. If you need me to I will send you my track and xpacks. Ive reinstalled the full 7.05 and still have the problem.

No that's been the same since long ago. Selecting two nodes will make the track in-between red; or selecting the track itself with selected the two nodes either side.

It's the "Nodes" term that has me thrown. The places that define the Materials in the Cross Section I refer to as Points (at least that's how I should be - if the manual says otherwise then I need to correct it - let me know). They get highlighted depending on what Material is selected.

All of this is changing in the next major release.

@legendsatlunch, thanks for your support. I reworked the default ground textures so that multi-add maps were applied better by default and the same occurs for Pro now too so any new projects using teh default textures will also benefit.

That said, the shaders Simbin use have been modified do appear different when viewed in game.

• igy4igy

I have question.

Or I can`t find a way how to merge terrain with background image, or it isn`t possible in BTBevo?

Does someone know anything about that kind of problem?

• igy4igy

it is easy, you mus select in terain textures option yours bacground image...

Yes I understand that how to do that in BTBpro, in BTBpro is clearly, and it`s working fine, but in BTBevo I can`t find that possibility to select primary material, secondary, and background image to merge with terrain texture

Look attached screenshot BTBpro vs BTBevo...you will see difference

Attachments

• BTBpro merge background.jpg
    BTBpro merge background.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 280
  • BTBevo merge background.jpg
    BTBevo merge background.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 272

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.2%