BTB v0.7.0.6 released

Brendon Pywell

Bob's Track Builder
http://www.bobstrackbuilder.net/news.aspx

Added/Changed
  • Racer support http://www.racer.nl
  • Hierarchal Objects. Allows things like:
    • Complex objects.
    • Lights (Normal, Start, PitIn, PitOut).
    • LOD Objects.
    • Invisible Collision Objects surrounding a more complex drawn object.
  • New Object planter tool that makes adding thousands of objects to the whole track easier.
  • Material now has a “Render Normals Up” property that is used for tree leaves in Hierarchal Objects.
  • Track Nodes Smooth by height formula refined.
  • Function to smooth Control Points by height only, leaving their direction unchanged. It’s in the popup menu when editing the control points.
  • Reduced redundant information in rFactor GMT’s.
  • RBR plugin
    • now supports Level Of Detail resulting in large frame rate increase
    • Support for long long tracks.
    • RBR plugin faster loading
    • Fog
  • Some Shadow properties moved to within XPack control, not BTB user.
  • Save format now occurs in binary format instead of XML.
    • This is faster.
    • Uses much less disk space.
    • Improves load/undo times.
    • Reduces memory required when loading a project.
  • Using the middle mouse button to scroll will now float over the landscape making it easier to navigate rough terrain.
Patch 0.7.0.1 is up ...

Fixed
• Cameras not initially showing up in the right place.
• SObjects not immediately displaying their randomness properties.
• RBR DiffuseSpec shader fixed.
• RBR Pacenotes – add two more (Flat Left/Right), fixed bug with Variation.

Patch 0.7.0.2 is up ...

Fixed:
• Wall LOD not being kept when changed.
• Wall cross-section point “grounded” flag not immediately activating.
• Shadow properties not read in from old v0.6 projects.
• RBR Fog –controllable via the scattering.h (thanks again to black f).

Patch 0.7.0.3 is up ...

Fixed:
• SObject LOD not being kept when changed.
• BObject planter would not work correctly near last node of closed circuit.

Patch 0.7.0.4 is up ...

Changed:
• Slight improvement to complex object rendering speed in BTB.
• Changed Panning rate to make moving closer to object easier.

Fixed
• XPacker not showing light properties for LightGlow object.
• Adding Terrain by click and drag would not finish off last terrain area properly if mouse dragged away from the terrain.
• Older graphics cards that don’t support instancing were not showing Complex Objects.

Patch 0.7.0.5 is up ...

More shadow setting for Walls, Objects and SObjects. Now there are the following:

- Shadows = Yes/No.
- Quality = how clear/fuzzy the shadow is.
- Shadow falls on car = Yes/No.
- Shadow Cast = Solid/Texture
- Shadow Object = Regular/Shadow Only (the object is not drawn, only its shadow).

Patch 0.7.0.6 is up ...

Fixed
• Evo AIW checkpoints not working.
• Some texture mapping on SObjects not correct when exported to rFactor / Evo.

Thanks for 0.7, much better framerates in RBR:)
One problem though, my blended materials are blue in RBR, all other materials look ok but foggy at distance:laugh2: Anyone else getting this blended texture problem?

i have a blended texture problem, but i´m my case the blending desapear in RBR... i solve it changing the format of the file from JPG to DDS.

Patch 0.7.0.1 is up ...

Fixed
• Cameras not initially showing up in the right place.
• SObjects not immediately displaying their randomness properties.
• RBR DiffuseSpec shader fixed.
• RBR Pacenotes – add two more (Flat Left/Right), fixed bug with Variation.

Originally Posted by Kytt

Thanks for 0.7, much better framerates in RBR:)
One problem though, my blended materials are blue in RBR, all other materials look ok but foggy at distance:laugh2: Anyone else getting this blended texture problem?

Can you please send me your BTB Venue.

The fog will improved and customiseable in a future version.

I notice this problem (v 0.7.0) with blended materials in RBR (see pic).

I love the LOD feature in RBR and I'm happy that fog will be customiseable, since my first comment would have been: "please give us the option to enable/disable fog". I find fog a perfect trick to avoid extensive landscape modelling, but it is a curse for people who already did extensive landscape and far scenery, sigh... (in shot7.jpg see what I mean; think of upcoming Jay's UK xpack with superbowls, they would look plain grey)

Another problem, given for sure that fog will have soon the option to be disabled at will :wink2:, I use a massive cylinder for far scenery, see the attached venue (just add the default xpack in it to make it work).
In v 0.6 I could at least select it by clicking on it and so I could adjust height by dragging with Y. Now I can't select it and I can't move it, sigh... furthermore it appears grey in RBR.
http://rapidshare.com/files/225115578/farscenery.zip

hope this helps, regards

Attachments

• fog.jpg
    fog.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 243
  • shot7.jpg
    shot7.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 268
Is anyone else having a problem with exporting to rFactor with V7 ??

I'm not sure if it's something little that I am missing but basically I can view my track in 3dsimed (no errors), I can open no worries in BTB but can't play my WIP..

I will try 7.01 and see if that will fix anything that was a miss but thought I would mention it..

No still the same :( It must be something to do with my xPack.. I added some items (no different to what I normally do) but now it just won't load in game, works fine viewing in 3dsimed and btb..

All other tracks I have work fine in rFactor.

did the option for shadows being solid or alpha based disappear?
Headlights work on my trees again (did in v5, not in v6), but only in a hotspot fashion, there is no falloff. the area which the light points at is either fully lit, or not lit at all. only on textures with transparency apparently, solids have falloff.

No still the same :( It must be something to do with my xPack.. I added some items (no different to what I normally do) but now it just won't load in game, works fine viewing in 3dsimed and btb..

All other tracks I have work fine in rFactor.

Found my problem..

It was in the xpack, I was creating a startlight and had ticked the box 'Keep Material Name'. I had also ticked it for a few other objects that did work before.. Anyway new test track, put one in that wasn't ticked, exported and tested fine, put in the one that was ticked and crashes rFactor..

Deleted the second object, exported, tested fine.. Ticked the box 'Keep Material Name' for the first item on the track and it crashes rfactor again..

Probably not for rfactor anyway :rotfl:.

I've not tried the patch yet but after loading up my track in v0.7 nothing is set to cast shadows anymore. Looks like I'll have to go through each object again and select 'cast shadow'. Anyone else had this problem?

I also noticed the problem with values being reset for SObjects although I'd only noticed it with the offsets.

Apart from that v0.7 is a fantastic improvement :).

Patch 0.7.0.2 is up ...

Fixed:
• Wall LOD not being kept when changed.
• Wall cross-section point “grounded” flag not immediately activating.
• Shadow properties not read in from old v0.6 projects.
• RBR Fog –controllable via the scattering.h (thanks again to black f).

Thanks Brendon.

Is there any chance we can have back the option to choose between solid and texture based shadows within BTB? Why not allow it to be changed within BTB as well as Xpacks? Just gives more flexibility to the track maker that way.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 274 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 184 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 185 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 137 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 243 13.5%