BTB to 3DS Max, then 3DS Max to rFactor?

hey guys, i made a track using btb, then export it to 3ds max, then from their i use the gmt exporter, and export the whole track as gmt, from their i had no idea what to do. :(

Good question by Eric, but I have done the same. You need the 3D max tools from the rFactor web site in the Developers area. They now support later versions of Max up to 2010.

It took me 700 hours to do Lakeside from scratch, as most of that was learning Max, photoshop, BTB etc.

You need the GMT importer plugin, no idea where to get that now that RSC is dead. It is around some place.

The ONLY way to import to Max is to export the track you have to rFactor as normal. Then use the GMT plugin to import to Max. All your image settings will be wrong now and must be redone. You then use the ISI tools to export to your game/track location.

The reason I did this is because I started Lakeside before X-Packs and did the basic terrain and track and wall locations in BTB. All my buildings are done in Max and are way superior to Sketchup. Sketchup is OK but you can not get the detail other than a program like Max or similar. Locating objects is easier too and textures are better handled as well. However, trees are way easier in BTB. Way better....

Having said that, my Top Gear Test Track will be made in BTB as much as possible with the awsome XPacks available now. I think only the buildings will be done in Max and maybe the terrain height, but that will be it.

Woops, almost forgot. Joining tracks in Max is a little better as you can cut and splice poloys and also weld verticies etc.

Mike :)

What plugin do you use for doing textures in max? do u just use UVW UNMAP or wut ever it is dont know off top of my head. I just got BTB but i use to make tracks for nascar heat in max. and would much rather use max since i know it a lil better.

All my buildings are done in Max and are way superior to Sketchup. Sketchup is OK but you can not get the detail other than a program like Max or similar.

Whilst I fully agree that 3DSMax is far superior to sketchup I find it far easier to build in sketchup than I have managed in max, all the buildings and objects below were built and mapped in sketchup and then tweaked in simed (some were finished in max to tidy up vertices and fix some shading) and I am perfectly happy with the level of detail achieved. Like all programs it is just a case of pratice.

wwn0xu.jpg

2h72lhx.jpg

wlvlhv.jpg

nxjluf.jpg

2vvuic8.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back