BTB Scale?

O

Oktyabr

• Oktyabr

Hello,

I'm trying out BTB demo for the first time and can't figure out a couple things nor has google searches (or of this forum) been of any help:

In the 2D views what is the scale of each X,Y,Z coord? I assume 1m or is this decided by the game you are going to export for? If it is 1m is there any way to switch it to feet?

I've taken a screenshot from google maps of the area I want to build a track on and have included the scale in the screenshot (approx. 2,600ft across) and now need to know how large to scale the image so my track comes out to realistic dimensions.

I've been guesstimating height also using Google Earth as it will tell you the elevation of the pointer (in feet) where ever it is positioned. I could switch this to meters if that is what BTB uses on the Z axis but feet seem more "accurate", Google Earth methods not withstanding.

Lastly is there a way to scale the track I have built so far to better fit the application? I don't want to make a 1/2 scale track ;)

Thanks in advance!

Hi Oktyabar, I have some advice to answer one of your questions.

I have to make this brief and sorry if you need more info but just say and i'll type a more detail later.

Answering your problem about scaling your google earth image, what i do is make a path of the track in Google earth then create a KML File, even if it has no height. Don't bother about being too exact here as you can 'smoothen corners' later in BTB).

Import your KML File into btb, and when you insert your background Google Earth image just pull, push and generally just drag it around in the top view until the road(s) in the image line up with your KML File (the track now in BTB).

Sorry that this is the only question I can answer but I'm sure someone else will be able to answer your other questions. Maybe browse through the forum a little?

FerrariMan96

Units are meters, and it can't be changed. If your source data are in feet you'll have to convert them, e.g. http://www06.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=2,600ft+to+meters

Each grid square is 100m x 100m, and that can be changed via View > Options: Grid Size, but it only ever uses meters.

You can resize a track by clicking the Move Nodes button and the Resize tab.

It would be nice to be able to use feet and miles, which have served us well for hundreds of years, but as long as you remember to convert it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.3%