BTB Ovals for rFactor?

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Hello creative minds :)

For our oval series for rFactor I am looking at scratch build ovals (speedway or superspeedway type), but besides the three default ISI tracks there is really nothing on the market except for conversions, conversions, conversions, and some composites...

Am I looking in the wrong direction and is there a widespread variety of great BTB ovals?

Help needed :giggle:

The only conversions I ever made for rFactor are from the tracks I made from scratch for NR2K3 ...

I am sure there are scratch made ovals out there made from BTB.

I have made a fig 8/oval ... but for dirt, and have 2 project ovals in the works, Altamont and Stockton 99, both scratch remakes of my orginals that I created for NR2K3 ...

But those are low priorities to me as I find ovals not as challenging to make ...

There is one in the works from me...

It's not a dedicated oval, but I shall include an oval layout in the package. I just like the idea of using part of an oval in a road course.

Hopefully it will be finished soon.

i making the scratch version of las vegas desert speedway,but i can't say when it will be completed,other projects on the go.althought i have made the conversion from scgt.i decided rfactor needed an more of a rfactor version then the old scgt isi/engine version. i may need a bit of help on the actual banking curves too.it there but i not sure on the actual degrees on the banks.

Attachments

• Dspeed.jpg
    Dspeed.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 328
  • 42Cliff

not sure about these numbers:

The track features twelve degree banking in the turns and nine degrees of banking on the frontstretch. The front stretch is 2275 feet long. The flatter (only three degrees) backstretch is 1572 feet long. The turns are wide and sweeping and the progressive banking (the track gets steeper as you get closer to the wall) was put in to try to add more speed through the turns.
I've read that the max banking is 20 degrees, so maybe split the difference to give the middle lane? (assuming its a 3 lane bank, I don't watch what they race on this track)

edit.. hmm, can't find numbers that are solid for the minimum corner banking, but 12 was the old number, and the back straight may be 9 degrees now as well, so take that quote with salt.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 328 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 283 13.4%