BTB License question.

Right, a few hours ago I purchased BTB and did the Hardware ID thing, now just recieved another email of the same? I have checked the licenses again and I now have 1 license, Pro. Just to make sure I do not screw up anything (set for 18 months, I now see why not to after reading the forums or if I mess up) I can click upload? I only have a license.dll in my folder but I'm assuming I need another file?

Just needing step by step so I am not waiting 18 months, thanks.

I have the program installed, but not the patch. Would not run without a license, little blue box popped up.

Also the "existing licenses" is filled out correctly, but the license sections are blank.

Hope everything is OK.

Yes.
You need, in BTB root folder, the HardwareId.v1.0.0.1 file that you used to obtain the licence, and your new licence file. Plus all the dll's, exe's etc.

Basically when an old licence runs out you move the OLD licence and OLD HardwareId.v1.0.0.1 OUT and the new licence and HardwareId.v1.0.0.1 in.

Next time make the licence for 4 months. Whilst working get a backup system working so that you have lots of Project folders to fall back on.

Will do, I did read about a bit and should have done 4 months, or less. Just wanted to make sure I was doing it right. Thanks.

It's taken me back to the license upload? Where I selected the months.. I named the PC I use, and have a HardwareID.txt in my BTB folder.

Can I do this again or will it mess things up? I am so confused.

Still see no way to download my license, only upload. Now I have BTB Pro twice in existing licenses?

"You have used all of your licenses" I had that until I had another email of the same, clicked licenses and I had 1. I CANNOT see a download license file to put in my folder.

The "license" and "license date" are both blank. I have no email regarding a license download, only the same email I got at the start after purchase with the information. I did buy it around 10pm last night, it's 3pm now.

Should note: I have a severe learning disability so even the simple things in life I struggle with.

Last edited:
Now your confusing me!
You have done the Hardware id and have a new licence? (More of a question than a statement.)
You downloaded the new licence?
You put the licence into BTB .
As long as the Hardware Id is the one you used to acquire the licence, it should fire up.
If still in doubt send a screen shot of the folders and files in BTB.
If its not right it will say BTB Locked.

I've done the Hardware ID. I cannot see a place to download a license. There is no "download" button. Only upload. There was last night but I sent the Hardware ID again, for a few months this time.

http://i.imgur.com/gDC0K1L.png Does this help? BTB site states I should recieve an email about the license. I have not. Only where to download it (in the screenshot) but no download has appeared last night after the second email or now.

I have probably messed up somehow, the intstructions (for me at least) are not clear.

Last edited:
First of all, find the first hardware Id you made and keep it.
As you only applied for a licence today you need to give it a couple of days before worrying about where it is. It will appear under "Licence".
Then when you receive it see which hardware id you need, in BTB. Probably the first - 18 mths. Unless you actually bought 2.
So hang on in there. All,I don't think, is lost.

I paid for one copy, installed it. But have two licenses. I applied for the license last night, but both are still blank.

18months is the first one I made.

Thanks. As long as it's just a matter of waiting for it to show up, that is fine. Was fretting a bit..

Sent a shortcut of the HardwareID.txt to my desktop so I know that is the first I made and sent off to obtain a license.

I try to run the "Create Hardware ID" software and it flashes a command window but doesn't create the txt file or anything. I tried the HID file also, which brings up a command window with what looks like my license key and then the prompt which you see below. However, "HardwareID.txt" does not exist either. Can I just create a "HardwareId.v1.0.0.1" txt file with just the license number in it and upload that? Or is there something different about the software generated file?
How can I go about getting this rolling?
I am running Windows 7. Is that related?

upload_2017-6-28_1-12-40.png

upload_2017-6-28_1-10-53.png

I wonder if your problem stems from the fact that you have BTB installed in C\Progs.

There is a faint memory that windows dislikes BTB in its main Program file.

You could try giving anti virus and fire wall permission to let the CreateHardwareId.exe pass but I would reinstall, at this point, BTB in something like your Documents\BTB instead.

Its the CreateHardwareId.exe you need to use for the HardwareId.v1.0.0.1 file.

*********GENERATE LICENCE FOR A SHORT PERIOD ie. FOUR MONTHS.**********************

Once it's generated go to http://www.bobstrackbuilder.net - login to your BTB account - select "your username" tab - Licence - (not sure here as I have a licence) Obtain a licence?? - Browse to HardwareId.v1.0.0.1 file.

You will see in Existing Licences - HID added. Then you have to wait, sometimes a couple of hours, sometimes a couple of days.

Check Email and your Licensing page for Licence download.

Once you have it keep it in your main BTB folder with its HardwareId.v1.0.0.1 file.

You were 100% correct in your idea about the Program Files folder. I reinstalled in Documents and CreateHardwareId.exe worked perfect, generate the text file. I am now awaiting the license download. Thanks!

What's interesting is the default folder in the installation process is the Program Files one. So I imagine many other people have had this issue.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 322 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 456 39.3%