BTB just deleted my project :-(

Hello

Just trying to get a basic hand on Bobs Track Builder again after more years inactivity.

Been working on a quite complex (or a beginner) project from scratch for the last week.
Now working on it for the last couple of hours and starting to add cameras, BTB just crashed.
When I started up again and chosing File -> Open... the directory consists of only old projects. My present project building on for the last week is simply GONE :(

I exported the project to rFactor some 1½ hours ago, but I don't see any posibility to import an rFactor track.

Files are not in my Windows recycle bin and just searched my desktop computer (Win10-64bit) for most recent files. It can't find my project files for the projedt I started last week. Really weard :sick:

What to do??

NB: Using version 0.8.0.0

Last edited:
OK, found an old version of deep data recovery tool and recovered the BTB-project concerned.

But now, loading the recovered project, it appears with same error text as when crashing just after I added my first ever camera and wanted to edit it.

BTB_crash_details.JPG

Pressing Continue causes just an empty project :(

Last edited:
The latest version is 1.0.0.1.

You should always use this in case an error you're getting was fixed.

The first line of the exception text suggests that an xml file is corrupt. Did that recovery tool restore a whole folder or just the venue file? If the former, try to find the original XPacks and add the zip files to "BobsTrackBuilder\My Projects\<project name>\XPacks"

Also remember that in BTB you can edit some pars of an XPack (e.g. materials). The updated files will be stored in the XPack folder inside a subfolder with the same name as the XPack, so look in those folders if you made those kinds of changes.

And it may seem silly to say this now, after the horse as bolted, but always make full backups of your projects.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back