BTB Chat Room

PLEASE READ!!!!! CHAT ROOM CHANGES ON THIS PAGE:
http://www.racedepartment.com/bobs-track-builder/47401-btb-chat-room-5.html#post865134

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have created a chat room that anyone can use whenever they want, to chat, discus projects, get help and support, organise events ..etc etc ... ill develop it a little more in time but for now use it as you will. Ill be connected 24/7 ... Although you may see my nickname or other peoples nick names when you join it dosent mean that im at my pc then, so if your not getting any response from anyone its usually for that reason. Personally im there usually in the evening, im in Ireland so you can work the hours out according to where you live.

have fun

PS. please type a nick name.. also might be best to use your nicks on this forum for the chat room, will keep it less confusing for others

eh?
Are you referring to the Mirc rar I have provided with the pre-set login details?
Or has this thread been hit with yet another unrelated post? :confused:

If its mirc your talking about, simple unrar the folder anywhere you like, then double click mirc.exe ... all the rest is explained in my previous posts. Anyway good luck with it :)

regards
pan

I have moved the chat room again, This time to a much much better server on QuakeNet ... peoples connection problems should be a thing of the past now. I am also currently designing a new chat page, its not quite done yet, but the chat room feature is fucntional. The new link is:
http://www.beam.to/btbchathttp://www.fractalscapes.net/btb/chat.html

If anyone whats to use their own 3rd party client, here are the log in details for the new chatroom home.

Server: irc.quakenet.org
Port : 6667
Channel: #BobsTrackBuilder

Most irc clients will have a full server list , so you may be able to access quakenet's regional servers that way.

Anyway Ill update this post on any developments or changes regarding the chat room.
Hope to see ya`ll there

regards
pan

Motoring quiz nights!

Greetings Folks

I an developing a Motor Sport Quiz game that will run via the chat room., People will be able to play the game solo, with others all against each other or organise team events. The Quiz game itself will keep an account of everyone's scores, and stats. The game will also keep account of Team events.
The Quiz is played in real time by typing the answer as quick as you can before the other person or team can. There is also options for a "Hint" system whereby if nobody has go the answer in a certain time a hint will be displayed.
Right now I could do with some help collecting questions that will be complied into one text file for use in the quiz game. The questions must be related to motor sport, cars, and generally anything to do with that.
If anybody feels like helping me by contributing some questions with answers please email me on 33cn33@gmail.com
I am aiming to have over 1000 questions in the text file, this way its is less likely that the same question will come up in any given game or tournament. Of course the more questions the better.
If at all possible when emailing the questions and answers, it would be great if you could have them set out like this (dont worry about the numbers at the start)
Example:

http://www.fractalscapes.net/btb/questions.txt

so you can see the question comes first, then a * with no spaces, after that the answer., and you can also get an idea of what sort of questions you can create.

Anyway way ill keep you all posted to any news about this

UPDATE: 300 Questions with answers now collected

thanks
regards
pan
:D
33cn33@gmail.com

Blatant misuse of topic ie off-topic..

Haven't tried yet but it occurred to me that the smooth AI racingline could be achieved by copying the original track and modifying it's centerline... There's alot of corridor editing that way but that process is very accurate. Limit using that method only on problem points, tight or long flowing corners for ex.

The Fastline spline can be adjusted separately from the Centerline (BTB Pro).

Same for Evo, the idea was just to think ways to make the AI line smoother.. It sometimes does those weird brakes in midcorner even when BTB shows perfectly smooth line.. I guess there is no shortcuts, have to create them in rFactor cameditor, but i'm having crashes with it. And sometimes there's only couple of places that need editing,, I'll try to think a suitable test for it.. The control arms in track tool is so much better than the current AIW tool that it could solve some problems.

That raises a question: does the centerline have any effect on AI driving? As far as i know it doesn't do really anything, corridors are the only reason it exist.

EDIT: these kind of ideas really would need a new thread, but it needs to be pinned.. But there's all ready too many pinned threads, maybe a little reorganizing from the moderators.. Put tutorials under one subcategory.. There's some tricks i could do tutorials for but at the moment new ones can't be added, unless we like to scroll to the bottom of the page for new questions..

Thanks, i'll include the resize trick from now on, fewer waypoints does a lot smoother line. I usually remove every 2nd node from all around before even starting to make fastline. But i don't like cardinal spline, bezier gives soo much more control. The unexplained and unavoidable kink in editing fastline with BTB is just soo annoying.. You know, the kink in the fastline that comes doing a chicane with tighter first part for ex.. It just won't correct it sometimes with out adding A LOT of waypoints and defeats the purpose as it certainly isn't smooth then.. Anyway, bezier curveis absolutely better, with cardinal the software decides the curve radius and if it doesn't fit it is unfixable. That was the sole reason i wouldn't remade AIW in Alpine Hills after i lost the "smooth" one, i knew that in some places around that track, BTB just can't do it.

Have to add "AIW bezier spline" to feature requests.

I'd just like to point out that this thread is not the chatroom. It's for Pangaea to tell us if he sets up a new one, or for people to ask about problems with it, or maybe to try to organize a scheduled chat. That sort of thing.

I'd just like to point out that this thread is not the chatroom. It's for Pangaea to tell us if he sets up a new one, or for people to ask about problems with it, or maybe to try to organize a scheduled chat. That sort of thing.

Excactly but it no use of us doing a Chat topic that won't get stickied, i've asked this many times before..

I'll make a General Discussion topic, sticky it please!!

hello all, long time no see :) how are you all getting on with things?
The chatroom is still there.. http://www.fractalscapes.net/btb/chat.html
tho I myself have moved onto to others areas, so havent been joining there.
I will of course leave it online so anyone can use it when they want. I guess if something gets too awkward to cover in a forum post they can arrange to meet up in the chat room to flesh out the problem there in a real-time talking way.

Heh, yea, i noticed ppl thought that this thread was the chat room itself.. I can understand that, .. yet I dont really mind if ppl use this thread for general talk. I agree, I often thought there should be a general off-topic (but not too off topic) thread for the btb section of racedept.

Anyway, its great to see you all still working away on various projects.. I shall at some point return to the wonderful world of track building

In the meantime, feel free to use the chat, and hope to see you all in the near future

fondest regards to all on racedept
pan

PS.. love the forum imporvments by the way, looking better then its ever been, well done

BTB Road Roughness

Hey Everyone,

I am new to BTB, does anyone know how to change the roughness of the road? I know that BTB allows you to change the "visual texture" of materials but what about "physical texture"

Thanks!

You can use "Randomness" option in road Shape Sections. Or select different physics for material in xpacker or directly in BTB (Edit Materials) - for rF. For RBR - there is Material Editor program that can be found in BTB/Support/RBR folder. Then you can experiment with your own physics for RBR tracks.

hello all, long time no see :) how are you all getting on with things?
The chatroom is still there.. http://www.fractalscapes.net/btb/chat.html
tho I myself have moved onto to others areas, so havent been joining there.
I will of course leave it online so anyone can use it when they want. I guess if something gets too awkward to cover in a forum post they can arrange to meet up in the chat room to flesh out the problem there in a real-time talking way.

Heh, yea, i noticed ppl thought that this thread was the chat room itself.. I can understand that, .. yet I dont really mind if ppl use this thread for general talk. I agree, I often thought there should be a general off-topic (but not too off topic) thread for the btb section of racedept.

Anyway, its great to see you all still working away on various projects.. I shall at some point return to the wonderful world of track building

In the meantime, feel free to use the chat, and hope to see you all in the near future

fondest regards to all on racedept
pan

PS.. love the forum imporvments by the way, looking better then its ever been, well done

Just a bumb, there's the new General Discussion thread... I know, BTB Chat Room is not the best topic title for this thread..

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 229 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 222 14.3%