Bruno Senna

I assume the guys who complain about this are now going to go out and drive really fast and film it with their camera phone. When the police ask them what they were doing they can blame Bruno Senna for his bad influence!

Bruno-Senna_2650285.jpg

Team boss Eric Boullier says he's pleased with Bruno Senna's progress but expects more from the Brazilian as the season progresses.

Senna, who raced for HRT last season, was called up by Lotus Renault to replace Nick Heidfeld from the Belgian GP onwards.
And although he claimed seventh place in his first qualifying session, an opening lap shunt and subsequent penalty meant he missed out on a points-finish at Spa.

The Brazilian came back strong at Monza this past weekend, qualifying in tenth place before carnage on the first lap dropped him down to 18th place. However, he fought back bringing his car home in ninth.

It was Senna's first World Championship points and Boullier hopes also not the last ones he'll score this season.
"He is doing well and steadily progressing, so it is the best way I could have dreamed, to be honest," Boullier told Autosport.
"He didn't race since last year, and he doesn't have great experience: starting in Spa with rainy conditions and here is not the easiest track to race in F1.

"On the first lap he was 18th, so his consistency was good enough, not perfect, but good enough. And clearly he pushed at the right time. Thestrategy was not bad and we had some help with some retirements.
"But it is good for him, for his confidence; for the team and it also shows that the latest upgrades we had on the car are definitely working."

[ Read The Full Story - at Planet-f1.com ]

It's time for Bruno to step in his uncle's shoes and give us more championships.

After all, to paraphrase what Ayrton Senna said, he was saying in '93 that if you think he is fast, then watch his nephew, Bruno.

Bruno might never equal Ayrton, but thta does not mean understimate him. His show in F1 with HRT really dropped him since HRT is like going nowhere. But once Renault finds a better pace in their cars I expect surprises from him.

11635.2.jpg

Bruno Senna would accept a seat as a third driver in 2012 as long as it allowed him track time on Fridays.

When replacing Nick Heidfeld ahead of the Belgian Grand Prix this season, Senna had to adapt quickly to the Renault having made only one Friday practice appearance in the R31. With Kimi Raikkonen and Romain Grosjean driving for the team in 2012, Senna's options appear to be limited, and although still preferring a race seat he admitted he would be open to a third driver role if it gave him more Friday opportunities.

"To take a third driver place it would have to be a similar type of role to what certain people had this year with driving on Fridays," Senna told Autosport. "That allows you to be active and do something relevant with the team. It would have to be with the right team, but it could be an option."

Senna also said that he could revert to the role he had with Renault, but that it wasn't his first choice.

"There is still a chance of that (staying with Renault); I still have a good relationship with the engineers and everybody at the team. But we would need to discuss terms and see what else is in the market."

source

Is this a good move for senna to do? does he even have a chance of getting a seat somewhere else, if so that would most definitely mean moving to a team who is lower down the GRID, is that even something senna would even consider.

Right move or wrong move for senna to do? Explain below, im very intrigued to hear your opinions.

Personally I think he should stay with Renault. If he is able to work with the likes of Kimi then this could be useful for 2013. I don't think he should move to a lower team for the sake of getting a full time seat. He seems happy at Renault which is a good thing to gain proper, valuable experience.

I really wish that Senna could have a drivers seat because he showed that he got the pace to beat Petrov dispite the experience difference. IMO it woudl be good to stay with Renault until he finds a team like Toro Rosso/Sauber/Force Indea being intrested in him.

I'm not sure that a role as a third driver or anything else leading up to a full race seat in one or two years is the right thing for him to do. Let's not forget that he's already 28 years old. If he doesn't make an impression in the very near future, his F1 career might be over before it has really begun.
That being said, there aren't really any race seats open for him either. I doubt that they want him back at HRT and for every other seat, there are already plenty of other drivers queuing up.
Doesn't look good for him :(

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 214 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years