Bruno Senna

That cannot be mobile phone footage. .. more like helmet cam or something pinned to his racesuit,

if not then its VERY irresponsible. It's illegal to touch your phone when dirving in the UK, not sure about belgium (and its on the public road section!)

That cannot be mobile phone footage. .. more like helmet cam or something pinned to his racesuit,

if not then its VERY irresponsible. It's illegal to touch your phone when dirving in the UK, not sure about belgium (and its on the public road section!)
I happen to have very little info about Spa so I beter ask this question. Isn't Spa a closed track just like Barcelona? If so then no road rules should apply to Bruno.

Its part public road, part permanent circuit. I doubt road rules apply as the public sections (including eau rouge) would have been closed off. I still dont think he should be going around bragging about it, its not setting a good example.

Its part public road, part permanent circuit. I doubt road rules apply as the public sections (including eau rouge) would have been closed off. I still dont think he should be going around bragging about it, its not setting a good example.
Eh I mean who cares if he drove with a mobile on his hand. He only needs to get back into F1 as a full time drivers, that is what I would like to see as I belive that he got some potential.

How is it not setting a good example? As if 99.9% of the people watching that video can just step outside and drive their F1 car while holding a phone. If you just copy everything you see on the internet/tv then you're clearly a complete idiot.

this is for sure closed track... they wouldnt allow him to drive in a racing car on a not closed track, even reverse... its totally ok to do what he does here

and example? this is mainly a show for people... if this would be bad example, then whole racing is bad example :)

and EDIT:
"Video made with my phone camera during the demo at Spa! Please note I drove within safe limits and not flat-out. Don't use your phone and drive!!" he says...

Why was it allowed to use f-duct last year? Why is it allowed to take the hands of the wheel while racing?

it was a show-off, it's not like he texted and called while he was driving. He was holding it (very still I must say). I understand it has been a long time since the last race, or last controversial episode when this happens to be a problem...

oh, why is there goodwood festival of speed? because of show... why is he recording it? for a show, to make casual people more used to how it looks like to drive fast car... and dont forget, he is professional racing driver payed for something... he can do that, he has the skills... and by his own words, he doesnt recommend it to anyone else

Wow you guys can take stuff too far based on a misunderstanding.

On topic: It's just not responsible. Public road or racetrack makes no difference. I understand the need for promotion etc, but this is silly and dangerous. He may well say don't do it, but he still has done it and knows it is stupid.

Saying that because I say this is setting a bad example is in no way at all compatible o saying the whole of motorsport is a bad example.

@ f duct - it was banned partially because of the hands off the wheel situation, nobody thinks taking your hands-off the wheel at high speeds is a good idea.

I dont know about what impression you are talking about... racing itself is really great example, if you are saying this is responsible, then YES, the whole racing is responsible.. you are driving FAST, DANGEROUSLY, NOT RESPECT (this is compared to the causal public driving) OTHERS SPACE BETWEEN CARS... are you expecting that after young people watch one race that they start driving the same on public roads? no, you cant... the same is with recording behind racing wheel... the guy who does it is payed professional stunt (when he is driving this dangerous sport then yes, stunt) driver... he KNOWS what he does... its like in TV "These stunts are made by professionals, dont do that anywhere, anytime in your life".... its totally the same...

I am sorry if it is confusing... it is hard to formulate my thinking

Guys just drop the topic, this is getting no where as Bruno didn't kill a cow or he didn't drive with no clouths on. He drove with a freaking mobile phone which kids see there fathers or fathers friend or mothers or mothers friends or friends fathers or mothers, etc, do that all the freaking time. (Sorry but this topic have gone into a direction which would make it better to just close the topic)

The main topic here is that Senna drove a WSR at Spa which I find quite bad since this is a track many people visit to watch exacly the same car class during the race weekend.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 235 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 294 13.3%