Brooklands to be restored, historic racing possible

I would love to say this was possible but I'm not so sure my friend. Looking at Google Earth about half of the circuit has now gone or been converted into cul-de-sacs and trading estates. :cry: What might be possible is if they use part of the original banking and some of the infield circuit (this is where that hanger sits so maybe that's the plan). Stupid A318 Roundabout, if that wasn't there you could have almost half a lap on it! haha. What were they thinking....:mad:

Looking at the map it would be expensive and difficult, but not undo-able! Imagine them using the whole banking in the BTCC and then having to dive into a tight right into the infield! Sure something could be done using tunnels etc. to get round it. I might be more interested in this Circuit of Wales if its to be like The Nordschleife but I'm not holding my breath for that! Britian's got some great circuits with amazing history, be great to resurrect one like Brooklands.

Thought you guys might find this interesting, the last time I saw any form of circuit racing on a old banked circuit, most of the McLaren teams (and some others) didn't go as they thought it was very dangerous. This resulted in a smaller than average field, and therefore smaller than average coverage on Eurosport! haha. But the banking and age of the track certainly remind me of Brooklands. Not sure what condition the track is in but I think it's closed down now. I was amazed when I saw it though, something very unique.

EDIT: My mistake I see they still do a Goodwood Revival Style event there each year :thumbsup:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back