Broken windscreen

Hi again peoples! :) Where do you enable /disable broken glass? in AC Manager or AC and where a bouts in them! Cheers!
You can either disable damage or you replace the broken glass texture with the texture of the non-broken glass.
If you wanna know the file names etc search for the broken windscreen mod on here. It replaces the broken windscreen texture with something better looking.
You instead would need to copy the normal windscreen texture file and rename the copy into the name of the broken windscreen file.
Make a backup of the files though! :)

Thanks for that! So Basically its not an add on mod! its built in the game damage slider? :) its just that I had it! and now they (the cracks dont appear ) I thourght it might of been some mode i installed and stopped it from working . :)

Thanks for that! So Basically its not an add on mod! its built in the game damage slider? :) its just that I had it! and now they (the cracks dont appear ) I thourght it might of been some mode i installed and stopped it from working . :)
No no, it's just "Damage". If you broke your windscreen you probably had scratches etc on the rest of the car too :p

I know there was a better realistic broken windshield mod but cannot find it back.

Meanwhile, if the original one is a bit too disturbing ( and that's the case for some cars )... you may modify the glass damage threshold in this file:
....\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\assetto_corsa.ini

Open it with notepad and look for those lines:
[DAMAGE]
GLASS_THRESHOLD=0.65

Simply making this 0,65 somewhat higher ... will make those glass damages harder to happen.
Save and close.

NB: I found the more realistic HD broken glass mod back: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/hd-windshield-damage.10965/

But rather don't crash too often as Denis just said in previous post. :D

I know there was a better realistic broken windshield mod but cannot find it back.

Meanwhile, if the original one is a bit too disturbing ( and that's the case for some cars )... you may modify the glass damage threshold in this file:

[DAMAGE]
GLASS_THRESHOLD=0.65

Simply making this 0,65 somewhat higher ... will make those glass damages harder to happen.
Save and close.

NB: I found the more realistic HD broken glass mod back: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/hd-windshield-damage.10965/

Thank you! :)

[DAMAGE]
GLASS_THRESHOLD=0.65

Save and close.

than you! :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 142 13.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.0%