F1 2011 Broken MS wheel - no more 240 degree lock

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
While driving around Valencia last night something cracked inside my MS wheel. As a result it now turns more than 360 degrees. I think the wheel lock is supposed to be 240 degrees.
I do have a spare wheel for parts, but i'm not sure how much dis-assembly i need to do to get at the part that is broken (whatever it is).

Has anyone here done this repair before? I could use some help.

i have not but am getting parts together for a repair.check out the off-topic discussion of the codemasters forum of the F1 2011 game.there is several threads related to broken MS wheels and what they did for repair.

I can help you with anything you need regarding your wheel, after all the repairs and modding i have done to mine, i simply must be the worlds foremost authority on this wheel!

The piece you have broken is a crappy plastic stop which is the same component which houses the cog which turns the steering pot.

I think i have a spare broken one which i might be able to use to illustrate whats happened and how to fix it, it basically means cutting away the broken bit, and the other stop, and replacing them metal studs, as the plate it fits to is metal, a bolt/nut column will suffice, the corresponding stop on the steering shaft is very tough so no worries there.

Taking the wheel apart is dead simple and not complicated or scary at all so don't worry.

Gimme a day or so and i'll have a fix up for ya.

That's great Iain.
This is the thrid wheel i have broken since September.... I have busted two up paddle shifters (bottom mount cracked and broke off both in the same place) and now this 240 lock thing....
Is there a way to repair the paddles? I have tried crazy glue with the first paddle i broke but it didn't hold.

I currently have 5 of these wheels (I am buying them whenever i can find them for $30 CAN) so i have lots of spare parts.... just a little nervous about opening them up.

Thanx Gavin.... that's handy to have!
I have replaced one paddle before... it's not an easy task and makes me think there has got to be an easier way.
I'd also love to be able to fix the broken plastic pieces, but crazy glue doesn't work......

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back