Broken jack on Fanatec Clubsport Handbrake v1.5

Hello!

So, I have a Fanatec handbrake which is connected by a 3.5mm stereo jack going into the handbrake, and on the other end the cable has an RJ12 connector going into the pedals.

So, I managed to snap the 3.5mm jack connector.

Was looking for a way to just solder a wire to the potentiometer, but there are only 3 cables going from the potentiometer to the female jack, but I see that the RJ12 cable used to connect the handbrake to the pedals has 4 cables.

Does anyone have any clue on how to wire it up?

MRsQ8Du_d.jpg

Ofae6uRr.jpg

dz3bFHVr.jpg

Regards,
Szymon.

Last edited:
Szymon,

I did the same thing (easy to do?). I'm an electrician and thought for sure I would just solder it back together or solder a new plug. I have no idea why but it just didn't work. I tried all possibilities.

I finally just contacted Fanatec and they sold me another lead. It works again now. Probably not the answer you wanted.

Regards
Glen

Upvote 0
Same as glen.
I moved my rig forgetting the unplug the 3.5mm jack plug and bent it.
Tried all sorts to repair it but nothing worked.
Ended up buying a new one off eBay for £15.

Upvote 0
Just a note, that if you have this issue, while you have the HB open you can convert it to a HALL sensor. There's a 3rd party hall sensor kit for sale now that comes with the 3.5mm jack already on it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Szymon,

I did the same thing (easy to do?). I'm an electrician and thought for sure I would just solder it back together or solder a new plug. I have no idea why but it just didn't work. I tried all possibilities.

I finally just contacted Fanatec and they sold me another lead. It works again now. Probably not the answer you wanted.

Regards
Glen
Hello. Black is with green.

Upvote 0
That is almost the worst choice for a connector. Next time mine is apart I'm going to hardwire it for sure. Bad connector choice - bad placement, IMHO.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 84 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 60 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • < 5 years