Brno 1965

Tracks Brno 1965 1.0.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
GutBomb submitted a new resource:

Brno 1965 - Brno Masaryk Circuit

Here is a conversion of a really old GPL track from 2005 by @Sergio Loro and Team Brno. This conversion was made with the permission of @Sergio Loro.

This is a 13 km long road course through the streets of Brno, Czechoslovakia (Now, Czech Republic) that was used from 1965 to 1974.

Most of the textures have been remade, either through deep-learning upscaling or completely re-creating them. Everything now has normal maps, emissive maps, reflection...

Read more about this resource...

A lot of the lamp posts, guard rails and straw bales are not solid. You can drive straight thru them if you go wide.
That takes away a bit of the immersion. Is it possible to fix that?

But I'm very happy with the track. Great work.

Last edited:
I’ll eventually get to that. Right now I left many collidable objects that are particularly close to the road alone because it was killing the AI. New side-lines have to be made to corral the AI a bit and once that’s done I’ll fix the signs and individual hay bales. In the mean time, you should be avoiding the hay bales anyway, right? ;)

Last edited:
A lot of the lamp posts, guard rails and straw bales are not solid. You can drive straight thru them if you go wide.
That takes away a bit of the immersion. Is it possible to fix that?

But I'm very happy with the track. Great work.

I’ll eventually get to that. Right now I left many collidable objects that are particularly close to the road alone because it was killing the AI. New side-lines have to be made to corral the AI a bit and once that’s done I’ll fix the signs and individual hay bales. In the mean time, you should be avoiding the hay bales anyway, right? ;)

I have fixed the AI and made the hay bale, guardrail, and telephone pole objects solid and it appears to be working fine. I just need to move the starting positions a little further apart from each other and then I will upload it here!

Last edited:
Anyone made some track cams yet??

EDIT: Nevermind track cams. Track needs a lot of work before we even need to use track cams :D

It’s a conversion of a 15 year old track. No amount of work is going to make it look modern or good. For that it needs to be built from scratch.

It's working fine on my official steam version. Do you have custom shaders patch installed? If so, you'll probably need to disable "merge meshes" in the CPU optimization settings for the custom shaders patch.

Oh boy. I'll have to give this a go. I currently live very close to the start finish area of this old circuit. Taken in 2018:

IMG_1482.jpg

(I've also recorded some videos driving the entire length of the several versions of the track, but never got to editing them and posting them... maybe I should post them at least in an unedited form...)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back