Alright when was that again.....?

Wow, that V16 sounds like gang of resurected T-rex'es on steroids.
Would that thing still be streetlegal with the upcoming EU rules on fuel consumption?
Pretty sure this will be a track-only car. Aston Martin and Jaguar did the same with their "continuation" cars, so did Porsche with their gold 993 they built recently. Getting these wonderful beasts on the road (which were never meant to be road legal in first place) might be impossible with current safety regulations, and not to mention it surely will piss off the anti-car crowd that is so trendy these days. :mad:

The wording of the rule is gaining an advantage. Since he slightly locked up, which caused his off track excursiion, there was no advantage gained. He lost just a tiny bit of ground there. Now the rule 'COULD' be ammended that whenever a car fully leaves the racing circuit, it must come to a complete stop before re-entering..... That would have sealed it for Max. But that kind of rule is really not safe. Stopping fully prevents a smooth merge if there is traffic.

So you don't think that not backing off enough to stay within the track boundaries is gaining an advantage? Going wide allowed Lewis to keep corner speed and not compromise his exit and thus speed down the next section of track. IMO that's gaining an advantage by completely negating a disadvantage. Seen it all before tho with Schumacher, so I'm not surprised, FIA always favours the established driver.

Just a random observation - I've been watching Drive to Survive and have gotten to know the drivers much more than back when I started watching F1 in 1991. Perez, Gasly, Bottas are really engaging, charismatic characters. Perez in particular I've a lot more interest in given his background. Today I found out that Bottas is a registered member on Live For Speed!

Would have been amazing to know drivers like De Cesaris, Alesi, Jos Verstappen to the same extent.

F1 by FOM/Liberty Media in a nutshell
- Racing in questionable countries
- Stewards favoring a team for years
- everything stupidly expensive, cars, engineering, tickets, t-shirts
- ridiculous rule that a new team has to pay 200 mil to the other teams to be allowed to join

I just wonder if there are any professional drivers left who know how to operate a clutch and an h-pattern shifter. :D And would finally get a chance to drive these beasts around a circuit.

Thats not a GT3 or GTE, obviously no one would even care to drive it. That is beign said assuming that simracing reflects reality, which it doesn't. I am sure there are plenty of skilled drivers who would be able to manhandle cars like that succesfully and in spectacular fashion.

Not for 38 laps. Max did it six times after Horner told him to do so. Only then did the stewards step in and tell them to stop. So when LH does it, it's fine. If anyone else does it, it's bad.
Based on his 2020 record and the first race of 2021, Michael Masi is entirely in Mercedes pocket.
While you are entitled to your own opinion, you are not free to create your own facts.
At the driver meeting before the race, the drivers were told that corner 4 would not be monitored. Leclerc and others attest to that.
Red Bull realized that Hamilton (and others) were taking advantage of the lack of monitoring and going wide, Max was then asked to do the same (note that they did not complain but instead did the same, the radio evidence is very clear)
Red Bull decided to contact the race director about Turn 4 and only then did the race director change corner 4 from “unmonitored“ to “monitored” with warnings and penalties .
This was a rule change during the race which was not initiated by Merc but by RedBull.
While it is fair to blast Masi for not being consistent, the lack of consistency was not intended to please Merc but instead to appease those who complained (Red Bull). Listen to Hamilton’s reaction when told he needed to stop, he certainly did not sound pleased by Masi’s decision.
So much for Masi being ”entirely in Merc‘s pocket“.
The rules were the same for all drivers, some were smart enough to take advantage of them, others did not for whatever reason. Interesting that No driver has complained about what was happening at turn 4 before the change of rules, only fans who do not know the rules are complaining.

Last edited:
I was lucky back in the 1980s to see a BRMv16 demonstrated at Donington.Amazing sound,like nothing else but also misfiring some of the time.The engines are so fragile & quite complex.You are lucky to see one run & even luckier if it runs smoothly.

My dream F1 engine would be a 1.5L supercharged v16.Who cares about fuel consumption if you are racing?

I was lucky back in the 1980s to see a BRMv16 demonstrated at Donington.Amazing sound,like nothing else but also misfiring some of the time.The engines are so fragile & quite complex.You are lucky to see one run & even luckier if it runs smoothly.

My dream F1 engine would be a 1.5L supercharged v16.Who cares about fuel consumption if you are racing?

To be honest, I have never considered fuel consumption in a vehicle buying decision.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 148 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 39.9%