Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

IMO that chicane exit in the video was a cut. Two wheels inside the white or it's a cut. Simple as that.

Hopefully everyone knows what is and isn't allowed. Cutting is going to happen at that corner, but it shouldn't be happening on a regular basis.
I agree, especially during the race it's going to happen now and then but I for one will be abandoning any lap in qualifying if I knowingly cut that chicane.

If I can make it I'll be in the #14. No Guarantees...its the 4th of July..
...also I haven't run any faster than a 1:21 there so I think thats pretty slow.
You'll be fine Michael, I have no idea what a decent time is in these cars as I haven't even turned a lap in them anywhere yet. My first attempt will be the practice session but it's all fun and I may even use it as an opportunity to do a pit stop or two to see if there are any problems in that respect.

Im all for that, I don't like cutting the chicanes, but the alternative is extending Qualifying to a hour while everyone sits in the pits watching video of each driver taking 3 laps. I agree no passes should ever be made cutting the Chicane. There are plenty of area's on the track to pass without cutting the corners.

Its a little challenging going back to no assists after running the GT cars. I know I'm struggling with the LMP cars. Not so much with the brakes just the throttle on exit. But I really miss my CSR pedals, as I had them weighted perfectly for no ABS on the brake. But even the Upgraded TX pedals th3 something only comes with a rubber stopper for a mod. Still had a good time driving the car, just be careful putting your wheels on the curb, especially the Cooper Straight and the Westfield Bend. The curbing on the Cooper straight wants to rip the wheel right out of my hand. :thumbsup:

Im all for that, I don't like cutting the chicanes, but the alternative is extending Qualifying to a hour while everyone sits in the pits watching video of each driver taking 3 laps. I agree no passes should ever be made cutting the Chicane. There are plenty of area's on the track to pass without cutting the corners.
That would just be too long, we have to trust that everyone adheres to the track limits. If they don't they are only cheating themselves at the end of the day... I would rather do a lap a second slower then anyone than get a quicker one in by cutting the track.

That would just be too long, we have to trust that everyone adheres to the track limits. If they don't they are only cheating themselves at the end of the day... I would rather do a lap a second slower then anyone than get a quicker one in by cutting the track.

I have a bit of a different view. Corners are cut all the time in all forms of racing, sometimes pushing too hard, and sometimes to escape. Monza is a prime example. And they will do it all the time at Silverstone going wide in the fast sections this weekend. When it becomes clear that it's being used as a time increaser, or to pass, then there is a problem. But a cut here or there should be expected. You don't need to slow, you just have to make sure it's not intentional and you do not pass someone. It should not become a "habit" in other words.

Wow, sounds fun, I would have liked to give these cars a go. I'm going to try and make a few races, today was just too busy... I knew Peter would do well in these cars. Edit, I just watched some of the video, Nice Robert. i don't think I could have done much better with those cars in the wet. I dont know how many times I binned that car yesterday coming out of the pits on cold tires and brakes. But it looks fun. I see the AI are still awesome and virtually unbeatable in the rain.

Last edited:
Wow, sounds fun, I would have liked to give these cars a go. I'm going to try and make a few races, today was just too busy... I knew Peter would do well in these cars. Edit, I just watched some of the video, Nice Robert. i don't think I could have done much better with those cars in the wet. I dont know how many times I binned that car yesterday coming out of the pits on cold tires and brakes. But it looks fun. I see the AI are still awesome and virtually unbeatable in the rain.

Thanks, and yea, pretty good observation, even though we wished you could have been there too. Understand about the 4th though. :thumbsup:
It's not that often that I can even keep up with Peter (and for the 2nd half I could not again) in open wheelers. Not many can these days. But I knew my best shot was in a feeder tier at Brands. It's probably second only to Road Atlanta re: tracks I know the best. And that really drills home what you say and practice -- that seat time really is king. Only, not counting the A.I., I was a Queen today.

You would have gotten the hang of it I'm sure. Luckily I ran some practice laps in the rain yesterday. I figured I'd practice with "random" weather and, what do you know, it rained in England. There is such a feel to the road with these cars, Formula C, that I can feel glimpses of what the game really promised to be. Here's hoping the patch will get it that much closer. Even so, it's going to be hard to beat this game.

That was immense fun, really loved my first experience in these cars and also in the wet conditions, superb :thumbsup:Just 3/hundredths behind Boothy in practice with Robert just 2/tenths further back and only 8/tenths between the whole pack. Quali I was delighted to have the best human time but really shows I need to get more time with this game as I expected to go to the garage to set my car up before the race but found that we went straight to the grid and I only had 15 litres of fuel on board :/ Anyway, I had thought about doing a pit stop during the race to see if the bug reared its head so that made up my mind lol

Not sure what happened off the start, the car wouldn't get going and I got passed by everyone behind lol. Eventually got going and after passing Boothy following his turn 1 problem I set after Robert who was 5 second up the road by now. Closed the gap over the first couple of laps and enjoyed some nice dicing for a while, swapping places a couple of times before starting to pull away. Wasn't sure how long 15 litres would last but started getting the engineer telling me to pit around lap 9 but managed to eek out a couple more laps to get to the halfway point and build the gap to Robert to around 12 second and pulled into the pits with around half a litre left. First pit stop in the game so didn't know I had to close the menu down before they would start doh! and sat there initially but when I eventually realised and the guys did their thing I only got given 7.5 litres of fuel and got sent on my way :rolleyes: I'll have to get some actual race practice in to test out these pit stops and work out exactly what they do. Did just a few laps then came back in and this time managed to adjust the stop parameters and got more fuel in the car and then set off for the final part of the race. Managed to set fastest laps over the final run which was nice to be able to do and then me and Robert had some fun in the last couple of laps. I thought we had one more to do but forgot about being lapped doh!

Overall really enjoyed these cars, a lot of fun for sure and I'll get in some prep before the next one. The weather effects are fantastic, best I've seen although maybe there was too much grip in the wet conditions? I expected to have much more difficulty controlling the car in the rain but found I had very little at all and was able to lap at comparable times to the AI. What level were they at Robert, think you mentioned 90% in the blurb? Loved the fog for the early part of the race too... Very atmospheric :thumbsup:

Good to see the pit stops worked twice without preventing me coming back out even though Boothy quit out. Robert did we have Mech. Breakdowns on?

I just need to work out the pit stop process now, I'm sure it was something I did (or didn't do) that caused the low fuel refill.

Thanks for setting it up Robert, reminded me a bit of our F1 classics races. Certainly wetted my appetite for the open wheelers and can't wait to give them a go and see how I stack up against AI when I actually know what I'm doing lol.

Reactions: Rob
That was immense fun, really loved my first experience in these cars and also in the wet conditions, superb :thumbsup:Just 3/hundredths behind Boothy in practice with Robert just 2/tenths further back and only 8/tenths between the whole pack. Quali I was delighted to have the best human time but really shows I need to get more time with this game as I expected to go to the garage to set my car up before the race but found that we went straight to the grid and I only had 15 litres of fuel on board :/ Anyway, I had thought about doing a pit stop during the race to see if the bug reared its head so that made up my mind lol

Not sure what happened off the start, the car wouldn't get going and I got passed by everyone behind lol. Eventually got going and after passing Boothy following his turn 1 problem I set after Robert who was 5 second up the road by now. Closed the gap over the first couple of laps and enjoyed some nice dicing for a while, swapping places a couple of times before starting to pull away. Wasn't sure how long 15 litres would last but started getting the engineer telling me to pit around lap 9 but managed to eek out a couple more laps to get to the halfway point and build the gap to Robert to around 12 second and pulled into the pits with around half a litre left. First pit stop in the game so didn't know I had to close the menu down before they would start doh! and sat there initially but when I eventually realised and the guys did their thing I only got given 7.5 litres of fuel and got sent on my way :rolleyes: I'll have to get some actual race practice in to test out these pit stops and work out exactly what they do. Did just a few laps then came back in and this time managed to adjust the stop parameters and got more fuel in the car and then set off for the final part of the race. Managed to set fastest laps over the final run which was nice to be able to do and then me and Robert had some fun in the last couple of laps. I thought we had one more to do but forgot about being lapped doh!

Overall really enjoyed these cars, a lot of fun for sure and I'll get in some prep before the next one. The weather effects are fantastic, best I've seen although maybe there was too much grip in the wet conditions? I expected to have much more difficulty controlling the car in the rain but found I had very little at all and was able to lap at comparable times to the AI. What level were they at Robert, think you mentioned 90% in the blurb? Loved the fog for the early part of the race too... Very atmospheric :thumbsup:

Good to see the pit stops worked twice without preventing me coming back out even though Boothy quit out. Robert did we have Mech. Breakdowns on?

I just need to work out the pit stop process now, I'm sure it was something I did (or didn't do) that caused the low fuel refill.

Thanks for setting it up Robert, reminded me a bit of our F1 classics races. Certainly wetted my appetite for the open wheelers and can't wait to give them a go and see how I stack up against AI when I actually know what I'm doing lol.

I figured you would like the GP3 cars. lol. I almost play them more than the GT cars simply because they are so much fun to drive. Sort of reminds me of how sometimes feeder series' are a bit better than the big leagues. I think that's the case with GP2 and F1 these days certainly. And I WISH we got GP3 races over here. That series has fed not only F1 but DTM and IndyCar with massive talent, such as Robert Wickens in DTM and Newgarten in Indy. The cars in pCARS were changed after 2012. But I think they look better, especially with the little jet pack on the side. lol.
2014 -
GP3-Belgium-2013-Sprint_Race-Carlos_Sainz_junior.jpg

As for performance, 1:51.892 was pole at Silverstone in 2012, 1:47.040 last year. So, despite the newer technology, the car we use held its own.

I actually had no idea what my pits were going to do either. I was on a GT strategy. lol. I was slowed by my own off so I had to pit and then I pitted toward the end because I wanted to race you. I think you may have slowed up front because you wanted to do the same. As for pace, I don't think it was grip I think it was grit. It was a classic F1 scenario as the track was drying and the one who had the last lap would likely be the fastest as long as he pushed it like it was dry. I have gotten as low as a 1:19 at Brands, so I should have pushed it more. Toward the end, it was basically dry even though it was still wet on our visors. This is like real life, where the track can dry much quicker than the atmosphere.

Yes, mechanical damage was on. That's why I pitted since I didn't want to risk it. I like how they don't go overboard with it though.

What we're trying to figure out is if it is Mechical Failures that is causing people to get stuck in the pits. ie Blown Engine. Since Boothy didn't blow his engine perhaps that is why no-one got stuck. So people can Disconnect and the race still goes on, That is good. Another test would be someone blowing their engine and then seeing if anyone gets stuck in the pits. if this is the case then we will need to run without Mechanical Failures on. Full Damage is still fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 332 28.1%