Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Just a few of quick questions that I’ve been meaning to ask for a while but keep forgetting.

1) Tyre’s on exit from pits. Does anyone know why sometimes I exit the pits and I have cold tyres (blue indicators at the bottom left of the screen) and yet other times.. most often actually, the tyre indicators are green so I assume this means they are already at a decent temperature.

2) Track records. When in the Free Practice screen the bottom right panel shows the current track record and also supposedly your own record at that track. Am I correct in assuming that this is taken from the Time Trial Leaderboard?

3) Engine and oil temps. What are the optimum temps for these and at what point are you in danger of causing damage? I don’t seem to be having any issues so far but as I start tinkering I would like to have some idea here of the ranges.

Had a bit of time at work today so been reading the pCars forums and found this response from Ian Bell in reply to someone who was asking about whther it was a good move to go from the XBO to the PS4.

'I want to say guys that the new frame rate improvements on the way for Xbox are really excellent. It's up there with PS4 for the most part now. Even faster in some cases.
We've also nailed some more instabilities among a ton of mini improvements and some things you guys have asked us to add.
To answer your question specifically, I'd at least await the next patch before making a decision. I also prefer the Xbox controller.'

This sounds really promising for us on the XBO.

Nice one. I am itching to get some time in at the track again to see what I can shave off my current best. But I must resist lol.

Resistance is futile! You know you want to be on the XBO. :devilish: Railer and Michael and I had a nice little practice session. We all improved or learned something. Thanks the Railer and Michael for the tweaking advice and the chase car. Got me to 1:58.5, but strangely enough I jumped n the BMW Z4 after the session and my first hotlap was 1:58.2. :O_o:. Team Skydive Dubai will nonetheless be prepared and expect to contend. (Watch out, that Bently is fast here too). Here is the end of a qualifying session from last night with times at the end.

Resistance is futile! You know you want to be on the XBO. :devilish: Railer and Michael and I had a nice little practice session. We all improved or learned something. Thanks the Railer and Michael for the tweaking advice and the chase car. Got me to 1:58.5, but strangely enough I jumped n the BMW Z4 after the session and my first hotlap was 1:58.2. :O_o:. Team Skydive Dubai will nonetheless be prepared and expect to contend. (Watch out, that Bently is fast here too). Here is the end of a qualifying session from last night with times at the end.
Nice one Robert.. apart form the annoying cat and space ship lol

Strange that the graphic for the video on here (for me at least) shows a real wet weather race in open wheelers :O_o:

So, anybody getting in any decent practice here yet? Looking forward to getting back on track in the game early next week and it would be good to have some idea of what to aim for.

1:56's anyone yet?
In all seriousness yes i just did :) screenshot on activity feed

ps watching this replay back i did cut alot on the final chicane but the lap wasn't invalidated. what rules are we taking with that one, i know online there is a point where it does count as a cut and gives you a 5 sec engine stoppage

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob
In all seriousness yes i just did :) screenshot on activity feed

ps watching this replay back i did cut alot on the final chicane but the lap wasn't invalidated. what rules are we taking with that one, i know online there is a point where it does count as a cut and gives you a 5 sec engine stoppage
Yeah I noticed from Roberts that the final chicane is very generous which can cut the lap time by a few tenths or so. Do you think online is less forgiving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 339 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 173 7.9%