ACC British GT Series - Final Round - 2Hrs of Silverstone 29.05.23

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Race report:

That was one of the toughest, more fun races in a while.
Put in quite a bit of practice to prepare the race scenarios.

Unfortunately, my pace in quali lacked a bit, so I started 4th and knew I had to be right behind Chris in the end for the championship. First championship fight for me, so it meant a bit.

The start was a bit all over the place, starting too close to Oliver in 2nd and making sure I went through T1 ok. Went off in the next section, and did my best to rejoin without gaining an advantage and crash into anyone, havent watched the replay, hope it was OK.

Was behind Rob in 3rd and decided to not fight Andrew. Wanted to follow him through, but got rear ended. No worries John, didn't matter in the end. 9s of damage, but still caught up to 2nd and 3rd fighting. When the rain started. Timed the stop perfectly, but lost time to fix the damage.
Rob for a Stop and Go, so my fight was with Andrew. I was faster in the rain, and he made a mistake, so we had a pretty good fight until I went for a disappearing gap and crashed to avoid hitting Andrew. 15s of damage.
Andrew pitted soon after, and I think it was too soon and I was P2. Stopped for dries and fixed the damage to have the best pace of the race.
Then it was survival mode to the end, lots of fun, though.

This series had been awesome. Really enjoyed sticking to a single car in these British tracks. Feel like I made a huge step forward in my racecraft and pace in only my second season in a racing club. Still have to put a lot of time in practice to match the pace of a few dudes here.

Thank you Chris, it was great fighting you all the way trough. We need rules for ties in these series! :D
Congrats to everyone who stuck it out till the end.
Now, I'm taking a small break from racing and play some other titles.
See you all soon!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 222 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.6%
  • < 5 years